skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, October 26, 2012 8:23:19 AM
I had forgotten that Faller made a model of the Top Scan & i would definitely buy one if i can find one. A few questions, who still sells it? & is it hard to build? any problems when it's running? and does Faller make "back-up" parts just in case you need them for this ride? I've seen a few videos of it on youtube and one person has the seats geared to flip, while another Top Scan model's seats are free-swing instead, like the real ride's seats are. Any info. on the Faller Top Scan / Space Roller would be great! I know when it came out, it was over 200 bucks. Is it the same, or can you find one a little cheaper now?
rideguyray
Friday, October 26, 2012 10:42:54 AM
it was released in 2008, so it should be available, but be ready to pay good money for it
heres a hobby shop that sells it in British Columbia, Canada :http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/erh_detail.asp?ca=27&stock=F-140428 its $309 from them
http://micromacromundo.c...o-mortale-attraction.asp  $312 from them
all the seats are geared to flip around the arm
http://www.vernonriley.com/faller_saltomortale.htm 
i hope this is able to help you

Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
SideWinder
Friday, October 26, 2012 2:26:12 PM
You will be paying ATLEAST $300.00 for one
bmkmusic
Friday, October 26, 2012 4:39:45 PM
I don't know about the Canadian store, but the Miami one hasn't had any in stock for at least 2-3 years, I can't remember exactly when I began monitoring, but I've been watching for quite a while now. Another website - Model Rollercoaster Headquarters (or something like that) sells the Faller kits as well - he told me he hasn't been able to get any for years, has a waiting list for them. There was a European store on Ebay listing the model about a year ago, it was something they were 'expecting' a shipment of, but never ended up getting.

Not sure what the hold up is, but I would say there is something going on.

Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, October 26, 2012 5:05:01 PM
I have one and its modeled after the one you see traveling here in the states. Was not bad putting it together but its very temperamental.

I got it in 2010 from micro macro/ roco usa in Miami for around $320. Definitely worth every penny just a tough project to build and have running smoothly.

They have not been available for years now so I bet they may be fixing bugs or just discontinued it. Good luck!
Ryan Russell
Friday, October 26, 2012 5:05:23 PM
I was told by one hobby shop owner that there was a problem with the gearing or something like that they were trying to correct. Thats why they havent produced any since it was released. There usually on the german ebay sight but seems like most of the sellers wont ship to the states.

On a side note I noticed the Faller Pirate ship that was due to release this month has a 2013 release date now. Not sure why it was postponed.
SideWinder
Friday, October 26, 2012 5:51:12 PM
Originally Posted by: Ryan Russell 

I was told by one hobby shop owner that there was a problem with the gearing or something like that they were trying to correct. Thats why they havent produced any since it was released. There usually on the german ebay sight but seems like most of the sellers wont ship to the states.

On a side note I noticed the Faller Pirate ship that was due to release this month has a 2013 release date now. Not sure why it was postponed.

Postponed due to the Top Scan Gearing fix....LOL They CANNOT multi task over there, too much trouble for them....lol
Fabbri_Guy
Friday, October 26, 2012 7:46:09 PM
I wondered what was going on with faller