squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:40:08 AM
http://thinkprogress.org...our-years-ago/?mobile=nc 

And some facebook comments taken from the same page --

zimzones(at)hotmail.com· Top Commenter (signed in using Hotmail)
Some reasons I'm better off than I was 4 years ago...

1. We have a President that actually speaks coherently.
2. Said President pulled us out of former President's wet dream. (Iraq.)
3. Detroit automakers had the best year of sales in a long, long time. (Robo Romnoid wanted to let GM file bankruptcy.)
4. America has health care reform. Modest reform yes, but reform just the same.
5. 4 years of Republican obstructionism, lies & stupidity have exposed them to the public.
6. Bin Laden's dead.
7. John McCain & the Harebrain ARE NOT President & VP.
8. I've had 3 substantial salary increases in the past 4 years.
9. I managed to pay off my mortgage this year.
10. We're NOT paying $700,000,000.00 billion to rogue vulture capitalists. Again.

Steve Mitchell
4 years ago the economy was in free fall, jobs were being shed by the thpousnads every month, Wall Street was bankrupt, we had 2 wars going on for years with no end in ight paid for with a credit card, health insurance was a wish for most Americans,
Detroit was bankrupt, and the housing market was a disaster. All of that was due to Republican malfeasance and stupidity. In just 4 years, Pres. Obama has made major improvements in all those areas--even with the Republicans stalling on EVERYTHING for political reasons. Remember the statement that your "most important priority was to make Obama a one-term President"? NOT to improve the country, but to make political statement. YOu guys hould be ashamed of this campaign of lies.

Morgan Vening
Am curious what the unemployment numbers would look like if public employment had not suffered any losses (like is typical during most economic downturns, or even increased). Unemployment numbers is like the debt limit fight. Willful sabotage by Congress.
Reply · 52 · Like · Follow Post · 8 hours ago

Anna Hernandez Brown · Top Commenter · Oakland, California
It's been said that unemployment would be a full percentage point lower if the pub sector had not lost so many jobs. I don't have a link to provide, though I'm sure one exists. I've also heard it stated numerous times by sources such as Thom Hartmann. Here's a quote from the WSJ: "Unemployment Rate Would Be Near 7.1% Without Government Job Cuts. Wall Street Journal reporter Justin Lahart stated that, all things equal, "if there were as many people working in government as there were in December 2008, the unemployment rate in April would have been 7.1%, not 8.1%."
Reply · 19 · Like · 8 hours ago

Natalie Dandekar · Top Commenter
Morgan Vening, that is such an excellent point. Private sector employment is back in terms of numbers to where it had been before the bust. State governments have fired so many that our unemployment rate is still above 8%.
Reply · 8 · Like · 8 hours ago

Russ Nester · Top Commenter · University of Southern California
Bush 1 grew the government - steady increase in government jobs. Bush 2 grew the government - rapid increase in government jobs. Reagan grew the government - steady increase in government jobs. Obama's first term has seen a steady DECREASE in government jobs (accounting for approximately 1% of the current unemployment). Republicans only talk about smaller government, but never actually DO anything about it.
Reply · 19 · Like · 7 hours ago

----------
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
done with it
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:09:49 AM
So sad,if by any means u think this country is better
Now than four years ago,well id have to say they got
Ya right where they want ya,brain washed,its people
That think like u,thats got this country all screwed
Up,go ahead and vote for the antichirst,and then I
will watch him turn his back on you,just so SAD!!!
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:31:56 AM
So rather than point out where those statistics are wrong, you decide to insult me, calling me 'brainwashed' and stating that people thinking like me are the reason this country is screwed up? And where in either of my links did anything mention religion? So retort was to bring the label of 'antichrist'??? I'll tell you what: I'd be more worried about falling off the feathers of that wing you're so far out on, rather than worrying about me and my brainwashed, country-destroying friends that 'think like that' --

I read stats and numbers and form my opinions from there. Here -- if Romney was a Democrat, I still wouldn't vote for him. I don't care what party someone is a member of. Either I agree with how they stand and what they stand for, or I don't. Additionally, for the last two elections, I did not vote. I REFUSE to cast a vote for someone just because I don't like someone else. The lesser of two evils theory does not work for me. You want to know why Obama beat Bush? BECAUSE PEOPLE COULDN'T HANDLE THE CONCEPT OF ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF WHAT WE HAD. In voter eyes, Obama was the lesser of the evils - plain and simple.

PS - remember fuel prices during the election year? Higher and higher and higher. Then within 48 hours of the election results, fuel prices dropped in many places by over $1.00 per gallon - in a matter of days - not weeks or months. It was almost an immediate drop. Two years later, they started climbing again - ever so slowly, to the point where this last weekend, we've seen some of the highest prices in history, and blaming that on a wimpy hurricane that did nowhere near the damage that Katrina did is flawed as well. In 2008, Dems had majority of the House and Senate - in 2010, they lost the House to Repubs - Dems still had the senate - and the numbers in the Senate are real close - I'm not pointing fingers, but I'm pointing fingers...

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:25:42 PM
Lets start with GM
http://www.forbes.com/si...ed-for-bankruptcy-again/ 
GM owes us billions and pay no taxes. Not to mention the govt money (Our tax dollars) they get

GE is closing plants here and investing China. (BHO's job Czar is the CEO of GE, Immelt)
http://www.cleveland.com...-ray_leadership_tea.html 
http://www.ibew.org/arti...08/090810_GEShutdown.htm  (Our jobs leaving)

Here's what happened to the dollar thanks to BHO's printing press
http://www.forbes.com/si...e-of-the-falling-dollar/ 

When Bush took office we had a debt of 5.7 Trillion dollars. (That's what Clinton left Bush with) 8 years later with 2 wars, Katrina and 9/11 we owed 10.6 Trillion. In 4 short years we now owe 16 Trillion

Using the U-6 table which numbers can't be fudge we have a real unemployment rate of 15% We lost $4000 in mean average earnings.

Bain used no taxpayer dollars, it was all private money. The saved over 70% of the companies they invested in.

BHO exporting our jobs.....To Brazil "We will be your best customer". We can buy Brazilian oil which Soros owns millions shares but we can't employ our own people and sell our oil???? We have billions of barrels oil right but we can't drill for it.

Healthcare. We were told the cost was 900 billion, the CBO says 1.1 trillion not to mention 1.5 trillion which they didn't tell you about, would be taken from Medicaid and Chips. That's 2.6 trillion. Now they are taking 716 billion from medicare
This from the actuary report

Table III.B5 summarizes the estimated operations of the HI trust fund during calendar years 2011 to 2021, under all three alternatives. The trust fund ratio, defined as the ratio of assets at the beginning of the year to expenditures during the year, was 106 percent for 2011 but declined below the Trustees’ recommended minimum level of 100 percent during the year. Under the intermediate assumptions and current law, the trust fund ratio would decline further to a level of 32 percent at the beginning of 2021. Without legislation to correct the financial imbalance, the fund would continue decreasing and use up all its remaining assets in 2024, and would thus become exhausted under the intermediate assumptions. If the reductions in Medicare price updates under the Affordable Care Act do not continue throughout this period, then asset depletion would occur slightly earlier in 2024, based on the illustrative alternative projections.

http://www.forbes.com/si...doctors-out-of-medicare/ 
There are 600,000 physicians in America who care for the 48 million seniors on Medicare. Of the $716 billion that the Affordable Care Act cuts from the program over the next ten years, the largest chunk—$415 billion—comes from slashing Medicare’s reimbursement rates to doctors, hospitals, and nursing homes. This significant reduction in fees is driving many doctors to stop accepting new Medicare patients, making it harder for seniors to gain access to needed care. .

Yes, seniors will have healthcare if they can find a doctor.

How does Romneycare work which the model for Obamacare came from
http://bostonherald.com/...sts_still_out_of_control 

Single payer system???? Try this

http://www.torontosun.co...cutback-slap-in-the-face 
http://www.care2.com/cau...refugee-health-care.html 
http://www.cbc.ca/news/c...0/04/22/f-vp-newman.html 

What is the Obama jobs plan?

Here is part of the Romney plan:::
Build the Keystone Pipeline ....That is thousands of jobs at no taxpayer expense
When the pipeline is complete most of those workers will build feed lines. This also means thousands of support jobs, valving, controls, pumps and ect. Open up drilling more jobs.
At the end of the pipeline that oil has to be processed. More jobs. Our refining capacity will have to be expanded, more jobs building and expanding. Oil is sold on a global market but the transportation costs (Tankers) is absorbed by the the user. This will force countries like China to pay for that cost which we won't have making our manufacturing far more attractive. The taxes, fees, royalties, leases all PAY into the govt. It creates revenue for the govt. doesn't cost the tax payer a dime. We dumped billions into green and have only debt to show for it. No jobs, just debt.

SS
BHO cut payroll taxes, here is the result

Since these redemptions will be less than interest earnings through 2020,nominal trust fund balances will continue to grow. The trust fund ratio,which indicates the number of years of program cost that could befinanced solely with current trust fund reserves, peaked in 2008, declined
through 2011, and is expected to decline further in future years. After 2020, Treasury will redeem trust fund assets in amounts that exceed interest earnings until exhaustion of trust fund reserves in 2033, three years earlier than projected last year. Thereafter, tax income would be sufficient to pay only about three-quarters of scheduled benefits through 2086.
http://www.ssa.gov/oact/TRSUM/tr12summary.pdf 

I haven't started on the Obama lies and distortions. Anyone want a list?

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:47:56 PM
I don't know anyone who is better off now than 4 years ago. I see a continual downward spiral, which will continue no matter which of these 2 idiots wins.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:29:17 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48905756 

US Slips Down the Ranks of Global Competitiveness

The world's largest economy, which was placed 5th last year, fell two positions to the 7th spot - marking its fourth year of decline.

A lack of macroeconomic stability, the business community’s continued mistrust of the government and concerns over its fiscal health were some of the reasons for the downgrade, according to the annual survey.

http://philadelphia.cbsl...e-middle-class-families/ 

Clark says that in Pennsylvania, one in nine households now suffers from food insecurity.

In the Delaware Valley, he says, more than 900,000 people don’t get enough food. And Clark says it’s no longer just those living below the poverty line.

“The bottom of the middle class is being forced to reach out and get assistance,” Clark tells KYW Newsradio. “Their income has not kept pace with inflation, and they’re being squeeze in a vise. They just cannot get through the month.”

http://politicalticker.b...ts-rise-under-obamacare/ 

But as the president fights to keep the conservative-leaning state in his column this November, education officials here are complicating his campaign message by citing "Obamacare" as a reason for the rising cost of student health insurance plans on campuses from Asheville to Wilmington.

In April, Tom Ross, the president of the University of North Carolina system, sent a letter to the university's board of governors announcing that students should brace for a hike in the cost of university-provided insurance plans.

Ross explained that at least 64,000 North Carolina college students - roughly a third of those enrolled in the state's 17 public universities - should expect to see "substantial" increases in health coverage costs for the 2012-2013 academic year.

"Based on more than three semesters of actual claims experience, as well as the new provisions of the Affordable Care Act, we are facing large increases in premiums for our students," Ross wrote in the letter.

In North Carolina, college students are required to have proof of health insurance, either through their university, their parents or a private provider.

Students who purchase insurance plans from North Carolina public universities this fall will be shelling out $709 per semester. That's up significantly from a cost of $460 per semester last year.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
johnroach100
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:43:58 PM
If you're better off now than four years ago, it's one of two things.

A. You are doing better despite the government, not because of it.

or,

B: The government is taking money from someone who EARNED it and giving it to you, in order to redistribute wealth.
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:57:28 PM
Originally Posted by: johnroach100 

If you're better off now than four years ago, it's one of two things.

A. You are doing better despite the government, not because of it.

or,

B: The government is taking money from someone who EARNED it and giving it to you, in order to redistribute wealth.

I hate to tell you, but I am not getting ANYTHING that someone else earned... I have paid into the system for over 20 years just like everyone else, but when I wound up unemployed, I couldn't get assistance. Then, when I was working, my SNAP assistance for our family was over $500/month. Now it's 150/month. How does it add up that I am getting something that someone else earned?

I want to know where we would be if Bush stayed in for another four years... When he left office, this country was losing jobs by the thousands EVERY MONTH. Now, companies are hiring again. Fuel prices back then were the highest they had ever been. Where would they be now if he was still in office? They sure wouldn't be any lower than they are now... I'll bet money on that one...

And when energy costs rise, ALL COSTS RISE. Between the energy inflation that got out of control during his presidency, and the housing bubble that exploded during his presidency, I don't even want to think what this country would be like...

squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:59:16 PM
Flamo, did you get my PM I sent earlier? Just checking --
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:04:57 PM
Just one quick question. WHen facts from reliable sources are posted why do the libs get so quiet?

I listened to the voice vote on this, it was sorry
http://www.cbsnews.com/8...guage-in-party-platform/ 

For you libs, why remove God from the platform?
why were they Israeli's snubbed?
why is the condemnation of HAMAAS been removed?

I can use common sense to reason it out but we shall see what the libs say.

squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:09:45 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Just one quick question. WHen facts from reliable sources are posted why do the libs get so quiet?

I listened to the voice vote on this, it was sorry
http://www.cbsnews.com/8...guage-in-party-platform/ 

For you libs, why remove God from the platform?
why were they Israeli's snubbed?
why is the condemnation of HAMAAS been removed?

I can use common sense to reason it out but we shall see what the libs say.

I thought that in what I saw on the news channel surfing earlier, that they re-added the "God" part of the platform but I didn't pay any attention to the rest of the conversation. Politicians 'bashing each other' does not warrant my attention. If they could talk about what 'they ARE doing to fix the problems' then I would listen - but all I hear time and time again FROM BOTH SIDES is who screwed up and who's fault it is. It's like being in kindergarten and hearing "I didn't do it -- it was his fault" all day long... These jack-asses need to grow up and be held accountable - the whole damned lot of them...

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:57:13 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

I thought that in what I saw on the news channel surfing earlier, that they re-added the "God" part of the platform but I didn't pay any attention to the rest of the conversation. Politicians 'bashing each other' does not warrant my attention. If they could talk about what 'they ARE doing to fix the problems' then I would listen - but all I hear time and time again FROM BOTH SIDES is who screwed up and who's fault it is. It's like being in kindergarten and hearing "I didn't do it -- it was his fault" all day long... These jack-asses need to grow up and be held accountable - the whole damned lot of them...

The question remains Why remove the reference to God and refusing to recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel? Listen to the votes and tell me if it was a 2/3 majority in favor. Please watch who were against it. When Durban was question by FNC he couldn't or wouldn't answer. When the rest of the media picked up on it a change came fast. The Dems as a party flip flopped.

http://www.forbes.com/si...e-of-the-falling-dollar/ 

done with it
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 11:10:41 PM
Bill clinton,is by far,the best person to feed them
Dumbasses,the bull * coming out of his mouth,its
So sad watching people looking up at him like hes GOD,And them people thinking what hes saying is true,this has become
A war on the human minds of the people,and 75% of the people are fallen for it,id have to say im ashamed to say im american,because this is not why the government was formed,this country is so
FAKE!!!!!!!!
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:22:02 AM
This link shows where the components, steel and pipe will come from for the pipeline. This is why it is so critical to get it built now. Its jobs NOW. In 1980 we had over 4000 rigs working. We now have less than 2000. The steel and components will be built all over this country. Computerized controls will more than likely come from CA.

http://www.transcanada.com/5951.html 

This is how Romney plans to make us energy independent. There is another component to this. The same rigs and techniques are used for natural gas. This is the near future. Trucking fleets and manufacturers are now developing it for long haul. We will also ship LNG to countries like China and Japan. Thats thousands of jobs, people. You can't outsource them. We have over a century of global demand right here. So why aren't we doing it? We have 4 liquification plants under construction right now. None of this costs the taxpayer a dime. It generates revenue, balances our trade deficit and can either pay down the debt or build infra structure. (More jobs) But when you want nothing but green which isn't viable at this point in time you are killing the economy.