thunderbolt85
Friday, August 17, 2012 10:30:31 AM
Playworld will be opening here for the Upper SC State Fair here on the 30th, usually the Zyklon gets here early (if it comes this year) and will let you all know the ride list. I don't have a real good camera, but will to get some pictures. Will also be visiting these others this year if you all would like to hear about them:

NC Mtn State Fair - Drew
Piedmont Interstate Fair - Reithoffer
Union County Fair - Family Attractions
Dixie Classic Fair - Strates
Carolina Coastal Fair - AofA
Maybe the state fair - NAME
Might also see AofA in Atlanta.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:28:38 AM
Road out to the lot yesterday and the caterpiller (kiddie), hampton ride, and load of ticket boxes was here already.
No sign of Zyklon yet, but lady in the fair office said it was still supposed to be here this year. Hopefully he is planning on bringing his new ReMix as well, and his Spider which seems to have been switched with the Sizzler for Minn. according to the ride list.
godsonsafari
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:29:59 AM
Any content is better than no content, so yeah, post stuff and I'll read it. Hopefully a couple others will too.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:14:14 PM
Yeah, wasn't sure if anyone was really interested, but thought I would post along anyway.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:25:10 AM
Playworld has arrived, most rides were on the lot yesterday, with a few still on the way. Zyklon is not here this year, Jeff stated that the fellow that ownes it decided to put it at a park down at Myrtle Beach this year due to fuel costs.

However, a few new pieces were in, including the ReMix, Traffic Jam Fun House, and the Spider which isn't new to the show, but is to the spot as it has been in Minn. last 3 years.

Will post a complete ride list once everything is here.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:08:48 PM
Sorry running late with this, but here is the lineup:

Mulligan Wheel
Freak Out
G Force
Super Shot
Loops
Spider
One Trailer Himi
Mulligan Swings
Zero Gravity
ReMix
Crystal Lily's
Traffic Jam FH
Dark Ride
Fun House
about 10-12 kiddie rides

Absent this year
P. Fury (ship)
Sizzler
Zyklon

Not sure what's going on with this fair, but the midway gets a little smaller each year. Talked with some of the vendors on the indy and they are saying that attendance is down and were concerned about the $25 armband for such a small midway. One thing hitting this year though is rain, and a lot of it over weekend. Playworlds rides were in outstanding shape as always.

Headed to the NCMTN State Fair next to see Drew.
Musher
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:39:37 PM
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:38:16 PM
Yeah, sorry musher, you put me to shame. Having some problems with my camera, but will try to get shots of other midways I visit this fall.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:57:20 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Sorry running late with this, but here is the lineup:

Mulligan Wheel
Freak Out
G Force
Super Shot
Loops
Spider
One Trailer Himi
Mulligan Swings
Zero Gravity
ReMix
Crystal Lily's
Traffic Jam FH
Dark Ride
Fun House
about 10-12 kiddie rides

Absent this year
P. Fury (ship)
Sizzler
Zyklon

Not sure what's going on with this fair, but the midway gets a little smaller each year. Talked with some of the vendors on the indy and they are saying that attendance is down and were concerned about the $25 armband for such a small midway. One thing hitting this year though is rain, and a lot of it over weekend. Playworlds rides were in outstanding shape as always.

Headed to the NCMTN State Fair next to see Drew.

Less rides will probably be the trend until the economy gets better.
RodB
Musher
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:59:22 PM
Don't forget they had some rides at the Minnesota State Fair. The RAVE, Zipper, Cliff Hanger, Sizzler, Scooter's, Carousel were all there.

Plus I did get to see them at Ionia Free Fair in Michigan and they do have a very nice looking show. Check to see if they have finished the Himalaya yet.
They were wrapping the cars and plan on putting LED's on it.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:31:04 PM
I will see them either in sanford nc or wilson nc in the next couple weeks. always a sharp looking show. those missing pieces might be in nc helping out another show who they are good friends with. not sure as I have not checked the dates. checked dates and that fair is not operating until later in the month as I know Playworld will be helping them out.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:24:21 AM
Yeah, the Himi cars looked great with the wrap, seems they were finished with those. Noticed the new paint job on the Super Shot. Yeah, since they have played this spot those rides have been up north, so we have been without Bumper Cars, Zipper, Tilt, and others for a while. He did switch out the Sizzler for the Spider which was good to see in Greenville again though.