Accident,this time it involed the fair queen and five
Others,the story is,the fair queen and the driver of
A stage coach,and four others inside the stagecoach
Were going around the arena,very fast and the stagecoach
Tiped over!this fair is curest!!!!

Hope everyone is ok!!!!
rockindodgem
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:48:59 PM
the only thing worth seeing at that fair is the vendors anymore, Although I might have heard of a new ride debut at that spot.
Never underestimate the power of Stupid people in a large group.
done with it
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:22:18 PM
Originally Posted by: rockindodgem 

the only thing worth seeing at that fair is the vendors anymore, Although I might have heard of a new ride debut at that spot.

I know right,its been the same midway for over 7 years,
The new debut is a vertigo swing!
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:55:24 PM
I would like to see this fair go to an Independent Midway. We need a few more earlier to Milwalkee sp? and St. Paul. I hope to see all the major fairs go Indy... Then we'll see some more European rides come back and I think the better spending and less POP's will make this industry healther.
rockindodgem
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:11:22 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

I would like to see this fair go to an Independent Midway. We need a few more earlier to Milwalkee sp? and St. Paul. I hope to see all the major fairs go Indy... Then we'll see some more European rides come back and I think the better spending and less POP's will make this industry healther.

Well said.[agree]
rockindodgem
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:14:02 PM
I wish NAME would try to spruce up their midway with some class, RCS always did a great job with decorating.
rockindodgem
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:16:08 PM
Hey, did they have the walkthrough there? themed as internal combustion. It was there the last couple times I went. always thought, WOW I really want a tetnis shot after seeing it.
Soda Guy
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:44:34 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

So with the economy tight, you think that giving the customer less buying power for their dollar will actually increase spending? WOW what business model is that?

Do we have to many POP's. Many people said that when the economy was really rolling along. But the committees insisted on it, it became part of the contract and if you wanted to play the fair you had to do the POP.

Scott you are already on the way of more regional fairs insteaad of all the smaller festivals and even fairs. Most people on here can count the festivals and fairs that don't have rides. Be patient, more shows will go out and you will get what you want.

See the big thing is getting people to actually leave their homes. With computers, movie rentals, and the ability to connect with others without being in a social situation have all contributed to the decrease in attendance in the industry overall. That and without the POP many families couldn't set a budget on how much it will cost to go to the fair.

And really if all the big state fairs went Indy, they would all end up looking the same, at least East of the Mississippi. And everyone would complain that we get nothing new to this fair. Funny thing is and the Indiana State Fair several hundred thousand people don't seem to mind that it isn't a Indy fair. Just a few of the super fans do.
Jackpotter
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:37:42 PM
Originally Posted by: Soda Guy 

Funny thing is and the Indiana State Fair several hundred thousand people don't seem to mind that it isn't a Indy fair. Just a few of the super fans do.

I really think this hits the nail on the head. Most people who come don't pay much attention to what's there and not there or that there's two Tilts or three music rides. The average person buys the tickets or wristband and rides. They really don't care if it's an Indy, NAME, Big A, Big R or whatever. In fact, I'll bet you at least 90%of the attendance at any given fair in the top 50 couldn't tell you the name of the carnival. I think they more tend to notice if rides look bad and that sort of stuff more so than the name of the ride company and what the lineup is.

There are still people out there who would call a Scrambler a Tilt A Whirl believe it or not.
tiltcharles
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:36:16 PM
I agree with Scott. Look at the numbers of the CNE, Miami, and The Big E when they had Conklin and look at the numbers now. Name is a nice show but nothing to get excited about. Im not a fan I am a third generation in the business and I had family that used to be with Degeller and Conklin.
done with it
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:05:39 PM
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

I agree with Scott. Look at the numbers of the CNE, Miami, and The Big E when they had Conklin and look at the numbers now. Name is a nice show but nothing to get excited about. Im not a fan I am a third generation in the business and I had family that used to be with Degeller and Conklin.

Conklin makes name what it is,with out them and the big iron,name
Would be your average every day show!!!! If u think about it,they have
Not got any new big spots,its just the same shows playing there
Same spots,before it was name,thats all!!!
rockindodgem
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:36:59 PM
From WTHR.com I hope she pulls through.

INDIANAPOLIS -

A four-year-old girl from Michigan is in critical condition and in surgery after being struck by a pickup truck at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.

It happened shortly after 2:00 pm Wednesday. Indiana State Troopers were called to investigate the scene.

According to police, the girl was walking with her mother on the west side of the fairgrounds. That area is used to park travel trailers and motor homes, and it's commonly used by employees working the State Fair midway.

According to police, 49-year-old Robert Ingalls of Mason, Michigan was driving a 1994 Ford pickup southbound on the fairground access road. Witnesses told police the girl broke free from her mother, stepping into the path of the truck. The girl was struck by the right front tire.

The girl was taken to Riley Hospital in serious condition. The driver, who was not injured, was taken to Wishard Hospital for alcohol and drug testing. Troopers at the scene did not observe any signs of impairment, and they say no traffic violation was committed.

The girl's parents and the driver work at the fairgrounds midway.
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:53:52 PM
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

I agree with Scott. Look at the numbers of the CNE, Miami, and The Big E when they had Conklin and look at the numbers now.

Can you post the numbers you speak of so we can put some analysis to your statement?
done with it
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:00:25 PM
Originally Posted by: rockindodgem 

From WTHR.com I hope she pulls through.

INDIANAPOLIS -

A four-year-old girl from Michigan is in critical condition and in surgery after being struck by a pickup truck at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.

It happened shortly after 2:00 pm Wednesday. Indiana State Troopers were called to investigate the scene.

According to police, the girl was walking with her mother on the west side of the fairgrounds. That area is used to park travel trailers and motor homes, and it's commonly used by employees working the State Fair midway.

According to police, 49-year-old Robert Ingalls of Mason, Michigan was driving a 1994 Ford pickup southbound on the fairground access road. Witnesses told police the girl broke free from her mother, stepping into the path of the truck. The girl was struck by the right front tire.

The girl was taken to Riley Hospital in serious condition. The driver, who was not injured, was taken to Wishard Hospital for alcohol and drug testing. Troopers at the scene did not observe any signs of impairment, and they say no traffic violation was committed.

The girl's parents and the driver work at the fairgrounds midway.

Wow!!! Thats crazy,hope the girl will be ok,this fair is going too *,
Just saying!!!!
rockindodgem
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:22:38 PM
YUP