flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:35:53 PM
I was recently informed that you show, ride and concession owners could not have got where you are with out me the taxpayer, Thus when you see me on the midway I fully expect free rides and plush. After all you didn't get where you are on your own, you owe me.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:38:10 PM
He's confusing businesses with Peace Prizes.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:19:21 AM
I think it's his Alzheimer's acting up he's old you know and all the years he worked with Six Cat have taken a toll
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:48:01 AM
Originally Posted by: paulmbe 

I think it's his Alzheimer's acting up he's old you know and all the years he worked with Six Cat have taken a toll

Don't blame me. I vote Republican.
Sixcats have nine lives
Bowler Roller
Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:54:52 AM
The lesser of two evils is still evil.
IndianaTED
Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:47:18 AM
I agree. Those with "half a brain will vote Republican". While those of us with a full brain will...
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Bowler Roller
Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:58:34 PM
Quote:

While those of us with a full brain will...

...vote for neither of the 2 major parties.
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:53:33 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

I was recently informed that you show, ride and concession owners could not have got where you are with out me the taxpayer, Thus when you see me on the midway I fully expect free rides and plush. After all you didn't get where you are on your own, you owe me.

I would suggest you stay off my dads lot, He said he wanted to meet the guy who built that for him shake his hand and then punch him in the nose. No free rides no plush he voted Republican!

Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:04:06 PM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

I agree. Those with "half a brain will vote Republican". While those of us with a full brain will...

And what has Obama done for you or to help you? Thanks to his speech and explanation he got me free rides.

I hope to be on BSA Mike's lot if a week two so I can collect.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Skywheelrider
Friday, July 20, 2012 1:57:34 AM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

....hopefully use that brain to not be stupid enough to vote for Obama. There were too many stupid voters in 2008 who voted Democrat, let's not make the same mistake again.

UserPostedImage

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
IndianaTED
Friday, July 20, 2012 8:56:40 AM
I apologize, I had a weak moment yesterday and took the bait. I don't come to MCW for this, I come here to get away from stuff like this.

I have my political beliefs, shared by millions of people, and you have yours, also shared by millions of people. There are really "smart" people on both sides, and there are really "dumb" people on both sides.

This kind of inconsideration for anything that doesn't fit exactly what "you" (no one specifically targeted here) stand for is what has gotten us to this point in this country, and is what really jeopardizes real progress being made for our most serious problems. Usually the answer lies somewhere in between, and right now there is clearly a lack of compromise and what has replaced it is genuine hostility. As long as that is the case, I have serious concerns for the future of this country, no matter who is elected.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Soda Guy
Friday, July 20, 2012 9:41:44 AM
Originally Posted by: Dan L. 

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would vote for Obama. What has he done for this country but run it further in debt and established more entitlement programs that we cannot possibly pay for. He campaigns relentlessly about raising taxes on the rich. The CBO has scored this and said it would only raise enough money to run the govenment for 8 days. 8 days! It's class warfare my friends, plain and simple. NOT a solution. We are now spending 80 billion a year on Food Stamps, and unemployement is more than 8% and has been since he took office. Can you not see that he has no idea on how to do to fix our country. What is it that you don't understand.

Please don't go and bash Bush and say it was much worse than we realized. Obama (Barry) has had 3-1/2 years to fix the problems. He had a majority in the congress his first two years, i.e. why he got his massive Health Care package passed, but he did nothing to stem massive government spending. In fact he increased it.

He has never had, nor run, a business, so what makes you think he can run the country?

I am convinced that most Americans are STUPID, including a fair number on this board. (Go ahead and attack if you want). You sit on your couch, fire up a bowl, and watch Big Brother and America's got talent, or worse you watch the likes of Jersey Shore or Teen Mom. Idiots...we have raised a whole generation of them, and as many more we have taught to live off of the government. Ever wonder why you can't find enough Americans to work on the midway. They are home on the couch drawing their government check.

Why, oh why, would anyone vote for Obama? Please tell me why.

Dan L. I am sure the rich are happy you are argueing their cause with such flair.

Could you tell me one thing, have YOU created more jobs, or worth more money than Bill Gates or Warren Buffett? When I read your post you said anyone who would vote for the President is stupid and an idiot. Then why do all networks look to Buffett for advise, including your beloved Fox news.

Many rich people support the Democratic party, just like they support the Republican party. The thing is, you are doing more to help BOTH parties by name calling and giving half truths on the internet. See BOTH political machines work better for themselves (not the country) when everyone is fighting and being decisive.

Now I will appologise in advance if YOU have created more jobs or are worth more than Mr. Buffett
Bowler Roller
Friday, July 20, 2012 11:22:07 AM

You are an idiot. What have you built???? Please, please tell us...

Apparently you are not paying enough taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you must know, I've built and sold several businesses, idiot.

I refuse to vote for someone who will screw me. Both major parties screw me. I will vote for neither one.

If you were really conservative, you wouldn't settle for the Republicans most liberal candidate. Hell, this guy was governor of the bluest state we have. He invented the individual mandate.

Bowler Roller
Friday, July 20, 2012 12:34:11 PM
I'm definitely going to vote.
Soda Guy
Friday, July 20, 2012 5:27:52 PM

What is wrong with being rich? There you go with the class warfare mantra. Rich is good. Sounds like jealousy to me.

If you follow the money I am sure you figure out why Buffett suported Obama, however Buffett is laying low these days. Hmmm.

I don't quite understand your remark about creating more jobs than Buffett and Gates. There are many Limousine Liberals in this country who vote for the Democrat party out of self guilt over how much money they have. I am a working person who has built a very sucessful business and I have no guilt over what I have, and I sure as hell don't like giving it to the government so they can squander it on a multitude of entitlement programs for people who are not willing to work.

I am not a party person, I am a CONSERVATIVE!

Yes, I say people who vote for the Democrats are STUPID because they are killing the Golden Goose, and you sound like you fit in that column.

Boy are you off base. I like the rich I also like the middle class and the poor. What probably makes you mad is a poor persons vote count the same as yours.

I will say my 401K and my other investments did better under the Democrats than the Republicans. I know you want to make the rules that we can't blame Bush but that is when the big slide happened. Not my words just facts. And the stock market is going up.

Now will I vote for the current president, probably not. But I might just to counter some "white is right, poor is wrong right winger".

But what I have been trying to say is I understand your position but do you really think that calling people names and trying to belittle others who don't believe in the lock step version of politics that you and Rush believe is the way to get a change? No that is how you keep divisions in politics, and nothing gets done. Rush keeps writing books and you keep buying them. So the real winners aren't the general public, it is the extremists on BOTH sides that sell the books to thier minions.