IndianaTED
Friday, June 29, 2012 8:18:15 AM
Just my two cents...

"Big business and big money are running the country", then the very next sentence..."The radical left is running and destroying this country".

These are not the same people. They are two diametrically opposed factions. So if both are true, then both Repubs and Dems are at fault. And that is probably correct.

I'll stop there, because this site is where I come to get away from this sh*t.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Bowler Roller
Friday, June 29, 2012 11:56:13 AM
I thought this wasn't supposed to be a political discussion.

The radical left loves big business too, as long as they keep funding them. Our current radical left President has given trillions of dollars to big business donors.

You're right that both major parties are at fault though. Never vote for either party again.

None of this will get fixed without a revolution. A revolution can be violent, or it can be done by voting the parties out. Unfortunately, those parties do everything they can to suppress votes to other parties.

As for how this will affect the industry, we're going to have to limit the number of employees, even if that means splitting companies up.

Of course, that will just screw the employees who actually make money. They'll have to lie and hide any income that outs them over the threshold.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Erik9976
Friday, June 29, 2012 11:58:47 AM
Here's a simple observation. Look at the states that are under democrat leadership then look at the states under republican leadership. Tell me which ones are in better shape. The Republican ones,are.
squirrel
Friday, June 29, 2012 1:54:18 PM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Here's a simple observation. Look at the states that are under democrat leadership then look at the states under republican leadership. Tell me which ones are in better shape. The Republican ones,are.

Remember, politics are slow. It doesn't matter who is in control now - it matters who's been in control for the last 20 years... Just like you can all blame the president all you want. The ones who write and pass the laws are your Congressmen and Senators... Those same ones who have lifetime premium healthcare, lifetime pensions that top in a year what some of us would only dream about in 3 years of earnings, not to mention their vacation and other benefits...
safefun4u
Friday, June 29, 2012 2:45:56 PM
For answers to the healthcare questions look here.
http://www.reddit.com/tb/vbkfm 
Perhaps this will put thing in perspective for you.
FriedPhil
Friday, June 29, 2012 3:55:02 PM

Oklahoma is really Republican. We generally rank 49th out of 50 states. Our state Gov't. is run by a majority of Republicans and the state has gone backwards for years now. Bad roads, bad educations, etc.
Please do not exit the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
Erik9976
Friday, June 29, 2012 5:58:37 PM
Originally Posted by: FriedPhil 

Oklahoma is really Republican. We generally rank 49th out of 50 states. Our state Gov't. is run by a majority of Republicans and the state has gone backwards for years now. Bad roads, bad educations, etc.

I have family that lives in Oklahoma. They would beg to differ. Yalls roads aren't bad. Obviously you've never been to California, NY, PA, CT, NJ. Their roads are junk. And your unemployment rate is hovering around 5% well below the national average. So you might wanna get your facts straight.
Soda Guy
Friday, June 29, 2012 7:58:17 PM
Krik You listed New Jersey in your last post. You do realize that the Gov of New Jersey is Chris Christie who is a Republican. Some want him on the Romney ticket.

You ask others to do some research, but I guess you believe in the old do as I say not as I do type of arguement.
Erik9976
Friday, June 29, 2012 10:56:05 PM
Originally Posted by: Soda Guy 

Krik You listed New Jersey in your last post. You do realize that the Gov of New Jersey is Chris Christie who is a Republican. Some want him on the Romney ticket.

You ask others to do some research, but I guess you believe in the old do as I say not as I do type of arguement.

I was talking bout their roads. Next time read my post before you jump to conclusions.
Soda Guy
Friday, June 29, 2012 11:13:57 PM

I was talking bout their roads. Next time read my post before you jump to conclusions.

The way you flip flop around, I sometimes have trouble following your train of thought. I mean you had an example where a Repub Gov in Oklahome is running the 48 or 49th rated state but that wasn't good enough for you to realize you made a grave error. You then mentioned NJ on roads, well it has a Repub Gov so in your thinking and following your posts that shouldn't be so. You said all states with Repub Govs were better off, that would include roads. So you actually are argueing both sides of the fence. Go and replay your Glenn Beck books on tape and give old Rush a listen, neither of those guys use actual facts to try and prove their point. You will feel at home with them.
Bowler Roller
Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:04:37 AM
NJ has a Republican governor now, but they're definitely a blue state.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Skywheelrider
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:20:25 AM
Before Obamacare was passed, the administration argued the mandate was not a tax; after it was passed and challenged in court, they argued it IS a tax and Congress is allowed to regulate taxes; it passed the SCOTUS on the idea the mandate is a tax; so what is the Obama administration doing now? They are trying to tell us that it's NOT a tax, because they fear it will be used against them! Do they think American's are stupid? Wait....don't answer that....they already have....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:09:51 PM
Here are a few facts the media aren't telling you. Romneycare started at 23% of the state budget, it now consumes 41% of their budget. Their budget czar says this is not sustainable as it is taking away from everything else.

In TX it will add 2.7 billion to the budget, HELLO HIGHER TAXES. And that is every year for the next 10 years. There is a national doctor shortage according to the AMA. They are projecting by 2020 we will be 91,000 MDs short and this before Obamacare. This projection was 50% higher than their last projection. Free healthcare??? If you can find a doctor. People are going to have no money for things like fairs and festivals when this monster kicks in. Rest assured states will look at taxing those events with sur taxes because they are a luxury.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Erik9976
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:10:06 PM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Before Obamacare was passed, the administration argued the mandate was not a tax; after it was passed and challenged in court, they argued it IS a tax and Congress is allowed to regulate taxes; it passed the SCOTUS on the idea the mandate is a tax; so what is the Obama administration doing now? They are trying to tell us that it's NOT a tax, because they fear it will be used against them! Do they think American's are stupid? Wait....don't answer that....they already have....

The problem is a lot of Americans are stupid. They have their hand out. I'm not saying all do. I don't have a problem with my taxes going to someone who can't work due to health reasons. But if you're able to work get off your lazy butt and get a job. It may not be the job you want but hey its a job. I just love the people that think Obamacare is FREE. It's not. Nothing is. If I wanted to be taxed out my butt I'd move to California. I'm done ranting.
Erik9976
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:18:15 PM
Originally Posted by: Soda Guy 

The way you flip flop around, I sometimes have trouble following your train of thought. I mean you had an example where a Repub Gov in Oklahome is running the 48 or 49th rated state but that wasn't good enough for you to realize you made a grave error. You then mentioned NJ on roads, well it has a Repub Gov so in your thinking and following your posts that shouldn't be so. You said all states with Repub Govs were better off, that would include roads. So you actually are argueing both sides of the fence. Go and replay your Glenn Beck books on tape and give old Rush a listen, neither of those guys use actual facts to try and prove their point. You will feel at home with them.

It's obvious you have no clue. Typical Democrat. NJ hasn't had their Republican governor for long. If Oklahoma were 48 or 49 their unemployment rate would be much higher than 5%. I see that you live in Indiana. I'm guessing you don't like Mitch Daniels. Here's a fact for you. When Democrats argue they argue only on emotion no facts. Atleast us Republicans can back up our arguments with facts and common sense. I rarely see a Republican involved in a scandal or corruption. But I always see a Democrat involved in one.