ringmaster
  •  ringmaster
  • 70.14% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:14:44 PM
squirrel
Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:33:10 PM
For the sweeps or tower?

My understanding is the sweeps are run on momentum and hydraulics. There is no air system on a Saturn --
ringmaster
  •  ringmaster
  • 70.14% (Friendly)
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:00:26 PM
I'm not really qualified to answer this, but it seems to be the S-6 had a big air tank on the 5th wheel... it made that loud sound when it topped out.
squirrel
Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:03:35 PM
You're thinking of the Hurricane --
ringmaster
  •  ringmaster
  • 70.14% (Friendly)
Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:33:16 AM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

You're thinking of the Hurricane --

Yes, the only Saturn Six I've ever seen was the one on RAS thity years back, and it wasn't stock.
There may be a TM one on Cony now.
I can still remember siting next to Bob (Red Barron) Bouling's Hurricane, almost as noisy as a Tip Top. Both Harawitz rides, though one one sourse also mentioned an AH Saturn Six.💶
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, June 10, 2012 6:27:09 PM
The Allen Herschell ride was a ground mounted Hurricane which was later copied & trailer mounted by Mulligan & renamed the Saturn 6...There is a hydrolic ram with a heavy chain at the end that pulls down on the center bar to raise the sweeps up..When Hrubetz got the rights to the name Hurricane one of the improvements they made was to add the air compresser.
My albums are all on Facebook!
swooper
Monday, June 11, 2012 10:11:21 AM
Originally Posted by: ringmaster 

Yes, the only Saturn Six I've ever seen was the one on RAS thity years back, and it wasn't stock.
I can still remember siting next to Bob (Red Barron) Bouling's Hurricane, almost as noisy as a Tip Top. Both Harawitz rides, though one one sourse also mentioned an AH Saturn Six.💶

A of A had a Saturn and if i remember correctly later re-themed it Hurricane but its been gone for a while.[h]There were some photos a while back the one that had the lighted cone on top was A of A's
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, June 11, 2012 7:24:25 PM
Originally Posted by: ringmaster 

That one on Jones Walk in Coney Island is still there! Also GTA Midways from Toronto still has theirs
BeauceCarnavalMan