Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:35:25 PM
What is that big cylinder in front for? And why is it so big?
What are the cylinders on the outriggers?
Whats the length and height of the ride?
How is the ride leveled?
And what is it about the ride that still makes this ride popular?
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 1, 2012 1:13:45 AM
I would amagine motor casings and hrydralic lifts.Its kinda cool it flips and its like a ferris wheel so kinda fun.
geewizz66
Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:57:24 AM
What type of mount are you talking about? An Eyerly mount has hydraulic leveling arms that swing out on either side that are pinned in and then you can level the ride side to side. The big cylinder in the front, if your referring to the lifting ram - lower/raise the ride to level it. It's a design that they had years ago (mine is a 1965) it's the same on a Loop O Plane, Roll O Plane and maybe the Sidewinder. Eyerly was the "bomb" when it came to trailer mounting rides in the 60's! 4 tubs rack on each side and then when the sweeps are folded up, those racks raise up on either side like a rib cage around the sweeps!
The Factory sign unpins and swings down over the front.

Rock O Plane's are easy to move, maintain and they have some height. They were built like tanks and if you maintain them properly they will last damn near forever it seems. I would like to see a Technical Park, SBF or even a Zamperla ride in 40 - 50 years??!!

The operating height is 45' the frontage width is 44'. Those leveling arms (mud sills) swing out to a width of 47'. The depth of the ride when it's in the air is 40'.

Riders can pull the break and lock themselves upside down, it's not as intimidating as a Force 10 or Orbiter.

The Eyerly Mount is a 26' trailer so it can be pulled as a set of doubles.

They don't gross a ton of money but most of us run POP's a lot and it ends up being just another major.
Geewizz66
JustinJames
Saturday, June 2, 2012 1:07:24 AM
Always liked them... Gold Medal Shows has the most gorgeous and impressive one I have ever seen though!
Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, June 2, 2012 1:33:55 AM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

What type of mount are you talking about? An Eyerly mount has hydraulic leveling arms that swing out on either side that are pinned in and then you can level the ride side to side. The big cylinder in the front, if your referring to the lifting ram - lower/raise the ride to level it. It's a design that they had years ago (mine is a 1965) it's the same on a Loop O Plane, Roll O Plane and maybe the Sidewinder. Eyerly was the "bomb" when it came to trailer mounting rides in the 60's! 4 tubs rack on each side and then when the sweeps are folded up, those racks raise up on either side like a rib cage around the sweeps!
The Factory sign unpins and swings down over the front.

Rock O Plane's are easy to move, maintain and they have some height. They were built like tanks and if you maintain them properly they will last damn near forever it seems. I would like to see a Technical Park, SBF or even a Zamperla ride in 40 - 50 years??!!

The operating height is 45' the frontage width is 44'. Those leveling arms (mud sills) swing out to a width of 47'. The depth of the ride when it's in the air is 40'.

Riders can pull the break and lock themselves upside down, it's not as intimidating as a Force 10 or Orbiter.

The Eyerly Mount is a 26' trailer so it can be pulled as a set of doubles.

They don't gross a ton of money but most of us run POP's a lot and it ends up being just another major.

Thanks for the info. And yea they do seem built like a tank. But I was talking about the cylinder in front of the ride. Why such a big one? Not the one that raises the tower.

geewizz66
Saturday, June 2, 2012 2:28:13 AM
JustinJames, email me some pictures when you get a chance please?? That is one of the rides that we will refurbish this winter. I put an LED lighting system on it last year and it looks great and was pretty simple.

Fabbri_guy, If you have a picture send it over, I'm still not understanding what big cylinder that your describing..

Networking is the best way to improve all of our operations!

Thanks guys,

Steve
Geewizz66
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, June 2, 2012 6:10:04 AM
Originally Posted by: Fabbri_Guy 

Thanks for the info. And yea they do seem built like a tank. But I was talking about the cylinder in front of the ride. Why such a big one? Not the one that raises the tower.

As Gee Wizz mentioned, the large Cylinder in the Front is used to raise/lower the front End of the Trailer, to one, get the truck out from under it, and two, to help with leveling the ride.

The Rock-o-Plane in my opinion is one of the best Designed rides out there. They really did their homework when Trailer mounting them.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
doug
  •  doug
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Saturday, June 2, 2012 10:13:51 AM
Maybe he's looking at the tower as the big cylinder?
Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
Saturday, June 2, 2012 12:29:24 PM
Originally Posted by: powersbt 

As Gee Wizz mentioned, the large Cylinder in the Front is used to raise/lower the front End of the Trailer, to one, get the truck out from under it, and two, to help with leveling the ride.

The Rock-o-Plane in my opinion is one of the best Designed rides out there. They really did their homework when Trailer mounting them.

Geewizz mentioned it? Oops I missed it. Its just weird because I haven't seen a ride with a leveling jack that big. And on such a small ride. yea they did it could pass for a modern design even today. Thanks guys. And in case you don't I'm making a model of this.