carnivalkits
Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:46:08 PM
Here is the Hurricane. I spent a ton of time on this one to get it as close to correct that I could. It has the air tanks and a compressor (kitbashed motorcycle engine) and hoses connected. Some information I got climbing on a ride A few months ago in Apopka Florida. The ride is owned by Paradise Amusments. I needed some more information on the trailer and was lucky that Skip was able to get it for me during one of his moves this Month. He also noticed the tower was out of scale. I had looked on the internet and it said the tower was 40 feet and the sweeps were 35. Learning for me is not always trust what you read! The sweeps are more like 24 and tower 28, so I redid it and the sweeps and now it looks more like it should. Here are two links to pictures and a video of the model. I have one ordered in the loading position so It will be another NEW model for me again.

http://hurricanemodel.shutterfly.com/ 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=...3bc&feature=youtu.be 

Rich
Matt C.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:03:22 PM
Rich, that looks fantastic.

Video embedded below:

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:19:15 PM
great looking model. good job but I like the pool behind it better. lol j/k of course.
bmkmusic
Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:45:13 PM
carnivalkits
Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:57:47 PM
Thanks everyone! I have not glued the sweeps on so it can be easily moved and posed differently. Matt you will have to pm me how to embed the vidio in the message, or tell me where to look on the site. I really like it!
Fabbri_Guy
Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:33:09 PM
Very nice model. What are the colors you used?
carnivalkits
Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:20:45 PM
The turbo lights are testors standard colors acryl type. The blue on the trailer and tower is Krylon spray Global blue the pink is Americana Acrylic Electric Pink, Silver is spray also and is Valspar.

RIch
Fabbri_Guy
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:46:03 PM
I like that pink. I'll have to pick some up. Where did you get yours?
carnivalkits
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:53:27 PM
It does match pretty close the ride I was modeling. I got mine at the local Jo Anns.
Skywheelrider
Friday, May 25, 2012 1:05:01 AM
Wow, now that looks awesome. Looks just like the real ride, nice colors too. Your models keep getting better and better.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
c21shows
Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:08:06 PM
carnivalkits
Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:06:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I forgot to mention that I clear coat most of the parts after painting with Krylon to get more gloss on them. I do plan on making one run but not sure when I will get to it. I have the mechanical figured out to make it turn and pretty much how to make it lift but still a lot of trial and error on the bounce I am sure. I am having a tough time making the brackets on the tub side of the sweep to keep them more level as they go up and down. I also have a backlog of things to make for other shows so the new rides always end up hit and miss. I will post it here if and when I get one I am happy with.

RIch