crny1
Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:21:14 AM
Iowa based I believe....... but could be wrong
Benjibear
Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:22:37 AM
Can't be too large of an operation for $389K. How many rides can that be. Of course depends on the quality.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
SideWinder
Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:31:20 AM
Originally Posted by: crny1 

Iowa based I believe....... but could be wrong

NOT IOWA....since it said "SOUTH" in the ad
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:10:50 AM
So what letter should we asign to this show? We've used X and Y.
Pizzagod
Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:08:46 PM
I think we can safely rule out Dixieland-so I'd think a little regional show.

Unless somebody has first hand knowledge this one is going to be way too esoteric for us.

What's Big Rock worth? What's Jay Jessop's show worth? for $389k you're paying mostly for the route, right? Too hard without a detailed list of equipment (I mean hell, a top of the line food trailer costs around $150-200K right now)-and a route sheet, and naming the show would help too.

Only one thing to do. Matt has to buy the show so we can find out who it was.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Pete
  •  Pete
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:08:02 PM
$389,000 wouldn't buy my generators.
Pizzagod
Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:55:04 PM
Originally Posted by: Pete 

$389,000 wouldn't buy my generators.

You're telling me? I saw your show, remember? That was why I struck it right off so fast. So tell me, who do you think it is?

For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:01:40 PM
crny1
Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:05:22 PM
SideWinder, Did you miss this part of the ad?

"In an effort to protect the integrity of this show and route, specifics simply cant be outlined in this ad. This is to protect the current operators and any future owners as well."

I doubt they were truthful about the area and will they will be up front with serious parties when the time comes.
SideWinder
Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:18:28 PM
Originally Posted by: crny1 

SideWinder, Did you miss this part of the ad?

"In an effort to protect the integrity of this show and route, specifics simply cant be outlined in this ad. This is to protect the current operators and any future owners as well."

I doubt they were truthful about the area and will they will be up front with serious parties when the time comes.

Price: $389,000

Ad Reference Number: 17479 Ad Category: Ride Ad Posted: 5/10/2012
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:29:02 PM
385K isn't going to buy much unless it's all worn out and in poor condition, or a really nice 5 ride festival unit.

There's a couple of shows around here that might be up for sale, but 385 is too much for one, and not enough for the other.
crny1
Sunday, May 13, 2012 11:02:19 AM
"In an effort to protect the integrity of this show and route, specifics simply cant be outlined in this ad"

Nevermind SideWinder, You missed the point and I have realized this is like arguing with a 2nd grader.
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:43:46 PM
I got a bet on Kentucky I turned it down
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
2ndgencarnie
Monday, May 14, 2012 3:20:34 PM
Originally Posted by: rhino 

Genos , maybe?

First off, I think we should clearly name this show "X2"

Now that we have that handled....

I cant imagine it is Geno's. The ad say there is a route and I know first hand that the Geno's route has been nearly 100% gobbled up.

My guess would be the ad owner is GoGator just trying to get a ride out of us...