squirrel
Monday, May 7, 2012 10:59:25 AM
I need a vendor/supplier/link/info/anything for Duce model Bumper Cars. Got a F&B building with these cars on it and I am looking for parts, pricelists, etc. Whatever you might have, please forward the information, because for once I'm drawing blanks trying to locate them.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, May 7, 2012 9:30:57 PM
did you try Majestic?
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
squirrel
Monday, May 7, 2012 10:43:26 PM
Originally Posted by: 42WLA 

did you try Majestic?

I haven't just yet, but I do know they use VERY similar parts in the cars - thanks for reminding me of that! I also am tracking a lead on Barbeiri being the 'parent company' of all the little guys that got absorbed up as the bumper car manufacturers consolidated in Europe --

paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:06:07 AM
There is a supplier in Dallas I'll try to get a number
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 7:38:09 AM
Originally Posted by: paulmbe 

There is a supplier in Dallas I'll try to get a number

Are you refering to Preston Amusements? Or Preston-Babarri?

As you may know Josh those cars came from Italy. You might try emailing a few of those companies and see if any of them can point you in the right direction.
squirrel
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 4:34:50 PM
They're definitely Italian cars. I have a couple pictures of them. On Facebook, there's a flyer/brochure posted featuring Duce cars and it's got one of mine right on the cover ;)

I just have to track the 'progress' of what happened to Duce -- kinda like Eyerly --> Oregon Rides --> ORI --> ORI, LLC. and so on --