clemson
  •  clemson
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Monday, March 12, 2012 4:48:05 PM
Anyone know an online link or source for AB? I am looking for the 1972 concert lineup for the North Carolina State Fair. They don't have it and I thought AB should have that in their writeup of the Fair.
squirrel
Monday, March 12, 2012 6:33:59 PM
You might have some luck with Google Books -- I've found excerpts from several AB Magazines in there while searching... I did a quick search and didn't come up with much. Billboard.com with a little 'emailing or calling' might be able to atleast get you the information you're looking for.

Possibly Library of Congress as well. There are some libraries that have huge collections of old magazines and so forth.

Good luck!

KarnyKilowatt
Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:29:53 PM
I belive the showman's mueseum is supposed to have a large collection of billboard/AB's, you might want to check with them
ShowmensLeagueOfAmerica
Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:49:30 PM
http://books.google.com/...mp;source=gbs_navlinks_s 

That will take you to the Billboard section of Google Books where you can start your search.

Joe Burum
319-290-4490
clemson
  •  clemson
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:08:34 PM
Thanks - I looked and did not see viewable AB's for that time frame.
Drummer1973
Monday, March 11, 2024 11:55:24 AM
I was in a small corner of the circus world (ACME CIRCUS OPERATING CO, owners and operators of King Bros Sells & Grey-or was it Gray? And Clyde Beatty) traveling circuses in he Midwest in fhe 60s and 70s.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone if the words “promoter” “phone man” “sponsor” Floyd King” Edna Antes, Joe Mccluskuly, UPCs mean anything to you in that bygone world.

Tony
Drummer1973
Monday, March 11, 2024 11:57:03 AM
I was in a small corner of the circus world (ACME CIRCUS OPERATING CO, owners and operators of King Bros Sells & Grey-or was it Gray? And Clyde Beatty) traveling circuses in he Midwest in fhe 60s and 70s.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone if the words “promoter” “phone man” “sponsor” Floyd King” Edna Antes, Joe Mccluskuly, UPCs mean anything to you in that bygone world.

Tony