geewizz66
Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:02:25 PM
Watkins Rampage 

Has anyone moved one of these??
Geewizz66
Skywheelrider
Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:11:38 PM
One person to ask about a Rampage I would say is "BSAMike," as his family's show moved one (may still even have it).
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
massachusettsman
Sunday, December 11, 2011 6:05:27 PM
im not sure if you saw it but art gillette has one for sale on usedrides if you're looking for one
ringmaster
Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:00:41 PM
Like most Grover Watkin's stuff, it folds up fairly easily. the only thing is the booms over hang the front of the trailer. No big problem, but it looks kinda' odd, and attracts the wrong kind of attention at the scales.
Ten times as easy to set up as a skywheel.
HHHDS had one (an ex- Miller piece, like it's owner) she let fall apart, The new owers had it in Memphis last year, but I didn't get out to see it. When kept up it is a beautiful ride.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:45:57 PM
Steve they don't make any money. Like most tall rides they call them light towers.

Happy Day shows has one here, and at their biggest fair they don't use it.

I've got some video of it at the same fair I mentioned above the last year they had it in there
and the rides had long longs and the two guys working the Rampage were just propped up on the fence with their chins in their hands. I saw it run 2 or 3 times the whole night.

BSA Mike had one for a few years and they were happy to get rid of it.

You see video of Happy Days Rampage on utube.com
bdgaf
Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:38:55 PM
it did fold up prety nice and easy to move it had its problems thuogh and it was one of the worst mony mackers there ever was it did not macke it own expenceis in spots and a 2 man one trailer ride that is pretty sad
this what we do.
geewizz66
Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:38:06 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Steve they don't make any money. Like most tall rides they call them light towers.

Happy Day shows has one here, and at their biggest fair they don't use it.

I've got some video of it at the same fair I mentioned above the last year they had it in there
and the rides had long longs and the two guys working the Rampage were just propped up on the fence with their chins in their hands. I saw it run 2 or 3 times the whole night.

BSA Mike had one for a few years and they were happy to get rid of it.

You see video of Happy Days Rampage on utube.com

That's what I've heard about them, low grossing. I remember being on Reed's Expo in Liberty Texas in 1984 or 1985, they were working on it but I can't remember if it was in the air or not. There's been nothing like that around the Southwest that I know of for 25 years. I like the height. Our Super Loops was rolled and destroyed this summer, that didn't really make it's payments either but I'm looking for something tall that's one trailer and easy to move and under $ 75,000.00

Thanks for all of your input!

Geewizz66
squirrel
Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:52:22 PM
If you have someone that knows what they're doing, you can find a Hydraulic Zipper for that price that's in 'average' to 'good' shape. With the exception of the half-moons on setup (which takes 4 people - two on trailer, two on ground) - it's a two man ride from start to finish.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:54:52 PM
Would you consider a Sky Diver?

you'd get a big wheel, A Light tower, and you can put the tubs on a pup trailer.

When there is armbands I see this ride get lines... just not on tickets.
squirrel
Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:56:29 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Would you consider a Sky Diver?

you'd get a big wheel, A Light tower, and you can put the tubs on a pup trailer.

When there is armbands I see this ride get lines... just not on tickets.

Requires a serious crew that knows their stuff or someone gets hurt bad and ride gets ruined... Great tall ride though...
BIG L
Monday, December 12, 2011 1:28:53 AM
Geewizz i sent you an email your pm box is full
Looking for strong route to book a
1 man ticket box. 😛
chief
Monday, December 12, 2011 8:08:35 AM
Led it and u would have. A great light tower. I love the look and ride but its a blank
ChiefunJi
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
Kingkong
Monday, December 12, 2011 9:30:40 AM
I personally like the ride, easy to move, tall, great light tower. that kind of a piece would do good things for a small-medium sized show like we both have. who really cares if it gets any tickets, in today's carnival world its all about selling armbands and bringing em to the lot. plus with the "sky wheel" signage it might actually book you a few spots. The Reed's had some hydraulic trouble with theirs, but that could be any piece if not maintained properly.(im sure youre super loop could be the same) also like you said its not a piece you see very often and marketed right that in itself can help. "One of only x amount of these in the entire USA, coming to your county fair" etc.. A very wise man in this industry once told me "you can never have enough high rides" I say go for it, and good luck!!!
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 12, 2011 9:30:14 PM
Put LED's on a Diver and you'll have a spectacular light show.
Makes me wonder how a Rampage would look with LED's.

Bill P attached the following image(s):
BSA Mike
Monday, December 12, 2011 10:13:56 PM
the one he posted is our old one. it served its purpose as a place holder til we got our gondola wheel.