massachusettsman
Monday, October 3, 2011 9:43:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that theres a lot of rock o planes for sale right now. Do they still win money or is there time on midways up
EvolutionRider88
Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:40:09 AM
Christiansen sold theirs six years ago. Not sure who bought it.
The Evolution is now...Evilution! Ride If You Dare!
indianacarnie
Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:50:50 AM
One of our top grosser's every week, but then we're a small show.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, October 4, 2011 8:10:13 PM
Up here in Ontario Canada Campbell's and Classic's still pull in money if they set them up almost every week if not every week.
BeauceCarnavalMan
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:10:41 PM
Make sure you buy one that is complete....
geewizz66
Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:58:11 PM
Quote:

I've caught as well. Christiansen sold theirs six years ago. Not sure who bought it.

I bought that Rock from Christiansen/Tom Brown in June of 2008. It's the first Eyerly mounted Rock that I've had. I've had a ground mount (we moved it about 30 times) a Vomberg and a Wisdom mount. The Vomberg had a two way directional drive that made it very easy to operate. We took the flourescent lighting system off and installed the LED light sticks from Showmen's Supply. A picture is on their web site but it was before we completed the center sign, now its awesome looking. www.showmensupplies.com  We move a ton of miles and being able to double that ride is the key.

I've owned two Zippers over the years. The Rock doesn't win as much money but it's a tall ride and the maintenance is a lot less than that of a Zipper. We don't have any Chance rides now but I hear getting parts for them is tough and they've gotten very expensive.

Geewizz66
skydiver77
Sunday, October 9, 2011 11:04:09 PM
So getting parts for a Chance ride is tough eh? That might be why there aren't alot of Sky Divers like there used to be. I remember Strates Shows was selling theirs at one time, & if they sold it, i don't know where that Diver ended up at / who bought it. Inners Shows has one, but from what i hear, rarely set it up. Just wait, if i ever hit a winning lottery ticket, the Diver's mine! LOL 🙂 I'd be too tempted NOT to buy the whole ride, set it up beside the house & just be like, WOW, my very own Sky Diver! 🙂
massachusettsman
Sunday, October 9, 2011 11:46:15 PM
Originally Posted by: RainbowBen 

So getting parts for a Chance ride is tough eh? That might be why there aren't alot of Sky Divers like there used to be. I remember Strates Shows was selling theirs at one time, & if they sold it, i don't know where that Diver ended up at / who bought it. Inners Shows has one, but from what i hear, rarely set it up. Just wait, if i ever hit a winning lottery ticket, the Diver's mine! LOL 🙂 I'd be too tempted NOT to buy the whole ride, set it up beside the house & just be like, WOW, my very own Sky Diver! :)

if you do figure out a way to set it up by yourself im guessing by the time its up and running you will never want to see or think about a skydiver again
korny_carny
Monday, October 10, 2011 12:59:27 PM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

Up here in Ontario Canada Campbell's and Classic's still pull in money if they set them up almost every week if not every week.

As does Homeniuk.
2ndgencarnie
Monday, October 10, 2011 2:33:09 PM
Originally Posted by: with-it 

Make sure you buy one that is complete....

Tru Dat...
EvolutionRider88
Friday, October 21, 2011 1:18:20 AM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

I bought that Rock from Christiansen/Tom Brown in June of 2008. It's the first Eyerly mounted Rock that I've had. I've had a ground mount (we moved it about 30 times) a Vomberg and a Wisdom mount. The Vomberg had a two way directional drive that made it very easy to operate. We took the flourescent lighting system off and installed the LED light sticks from Showmen's Supply. A picture is on their web site but it was before we completed the center sign, now its awesome looking. www.showmensupplies.com  We move a ton of miles and being able to double that ride is the key.

That's awesome to hear.
geewizz66
Friday, October 21, 2011 7:44:55 PM
Here's a picture of our Rock with the LED light sticks from Showman's Supply.
geewizz66 attached the following image(s):

Geewizz66
cloudeleven
Friday, October 21, 2011 7:52:08 PM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

Here's a picture of our Rock with the LED light sticks from Showman's Supply.

Beautiful! Wish I could ride it.
geewizz66
Friday, October 21, 2011 8:07:23 PM
***LOL**** Sorry the photo was so big! I'm just learning here 😉
Geewizz66
EvolutionRider88
Friday, October 21, 2011 8:46:02 PM
Very nice Geewizz, which show does the Rock-O-Plane travel with again? I didn't see it on Butler's or Brown's Amusements lineup.