Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:01:10 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

Magic Midways; is that Red Roach's show? The last I heard was his show was not in real good condition. Anyone have an update on this? Thanks.

Thats the one,Have not seen the show in years. I dont remember what rides they have.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:57:50 PM
Finally after waitng all week for rides to roll in! The Lancaster co fair has been reschduled for October 4th thru 8th! They said rides to will we be arriving through out next week for set up a couple of food joint have arrived.
jb
  •  jb
  • 51.84% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:05:35 PM
RUMOR>>REPEAT RUMOR They are moving thr fair a week later so Larry Carr's stuff can make it in there
jb
  •  jb
  • 51.84% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:06:48 PM
Sorry Jagger..I didnt see your post
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:15:16 PM
Originally Posted by: jb 

RUMOR>>REPEAT RUMOR They are moving thr fair a week later so Larry Carr's stuff can make it in there

You got to be kidding! Lawrence Carr! They use to play our fair back in the 80s Two kiddie rides and a couple of food joints pulled in. Larry did a good job in years past of bringing in the rides. The saga of the missing fair continues...LOL
Carnie_Joe930
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:16:56 PM
Get ready for The Great Lawrence Carr Amusement Company to arrive.
They're loading the equipment on the train right now.
Step right up...
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:29:54 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnie_Joe930 

Get ready for The Great Lawrence Carr Amusement Company to arrive.
They're loading the equipment on the train right now.
Step right up...

So their coming in by train? I know the tracks are close to the fairgrounds,Didnt know they traveled by train..lol. Do you know what rides they bringing down?
Carnivalbuff
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:01:06 PM
I'll tell you what. Not sure who I would want between those two.
J-bird
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:58:09 PM
and why is SMA no longer playing this event ???
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:48:49 PM
Originally Posted by: J-bird 

and why is SMA no longer playing this event ???

The guy died this past year that did the booking. They have a new guy booking carnivals and someone said that they want more of a variety of rides they only brought in maybe 12 rides and used only the front of the grounds. The place is packed almost everynight and i guess people might have complained. I enjoyed SMA they had played since 94 when they got the spot from Stine Amusements. Before Stine it was McDaniel Bros.Shows and Lawrence Carr and AofA.
J-bird
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:38:59 PM
Jagger, SMA is the old Stine show. Billy & Sue Clark renamed it to Smokey Mountain after they purchased it. Can't wait for your report of how things are next week and what show actually arrives! Btw, Strates is the only carnival currently traveling by train and has been the only one for years.
Carnivalbuff
Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:17:01 PM
Whichever one you end up with will be a far cry from SMA.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:45:12 PM
Flying Bobs just rolled in along with the swings,Been a longtime since we seen the flying bobs here. Hope to see the Sky Diver too. Anyone know what else is headed down?
Carnivalbuff
Friday, September 30, 2011 9:20:35 AM
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Friday, September 30, 2011 12:04:50 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

How does the stuff look?

So far The kiddies look ok still racked. The Flying Bobs are sitting back of the midway cant see them all that well they are also still racked...I'll let you know when they start setting up everything.