Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:48:31 AM
Just found out after many years of SMA playing our county fair in Lancaster SC. The fair opens this tuesday with World of Mirth Amusements? Does anyone know what rides they feature and anything about the show.
Carnivalbuff
Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:25:17 AM
The World of Mirth I know was Little Richard Thomas. But I did not think he had a show anymore.
wvscott
Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:51:32 AM
The World of Mirth was a railroad carnival from 1933 to 1963. Bob Goldsack wrote a good book about the show and it may still be in print.

Must also be a new show with same name
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:14:46 PM
Yea! I went back and looked at the posters and they say all new midway provided by World or mirth amusements. They roll in tomm and set up for tuesday opening will see. I think SMA has played here like since 1994 spring and fall fairs.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:07:49 PM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

Yea! I went back and looked at the posters and they say all new midway provided by World or mirth amusements. They roll in tomm and set up for tuesday opening will see. I think SMA has played here like since 1994 spring and fall fairs.

Interesting. I have a poster from the late 50s of the W. of M. show. Hey Jagger, can you get your hands on a poster and whatll you trade for it?
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:53:13 PM
Originally Posted by: rhino 

Interesting. I have a poster from the late 50s of the W. of M. show. Hey Jagger, can you get your hands on a poster and whatll you trade for it?

Ill try to get by there this week.Thought they would pull in today but not there yet they open tuesday so im sure they will be in tonight or in the morning. Funny thing noone has heard of a new world of mirth also nothing but old show info on internet.
booker
Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:50:39 PM
Only one ride belonging to World of Mirth will be there. The rest of the rides are booked in... Right now I have the rides Playing in NYC and Long Island..
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Monday, September 19, 2011 12:38:49 AM
Originally Posted by: booker 

Only one ride belonging to World of Mirth will be there. The rest of the rides are booked in... Right now I have the rides Playing in NYC and Long Island..

Thanks for the information! Do you know which show is gonna supply most of the rides there ?
booker
Monday, September 19, 2011 10:02:16 AM
booker
Monday, September 19, 2011 10:08:11 AM
The flying Bobs and skydiver are being sent down as well but they wont be set up.. Someone was nice enough to steal all the fence off the diver and the bobs are still being torn down right now...
J-bird
Monday, September 19, 2011 3:31:29 PM
You going back out there today Jagger? Curious to know what you'll find.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Monday, September 19, 2011 6:02:38 PM
They open tomm afternoon,So its gonna be crunch time to try to get set up before opening LOL.....Looking forward to seeing Magic Midways. Empty lot right now Thanks booker for the info!
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, September 19, 2011 10:04:49 PM
Originally Posted by: booker 

So, your the one i should ask for a trade?....lol
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:55:57 PM
Originally Posted by: rhino 

So, your the pne i should ask for a trade?....lol

we have two travel trailers that have arrived. Still waiting on the rides...lol Rhino ill see what i can find once they get set up.[cowboy2]
Carnivalbuff
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:56:01 PM
Magic Midways; is that Red Roach's show? The last I heard was his show was not in real good condition. Anyone have an update on this? Thanks.