godsonsafari
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:09:00 PM
Is anyone familiar with this set up? I had never heard of it before until reading the report of what was at the Danbury leg of Powers route, but from what the pictures show, its very similar to the classic Fascination game that can still be found at a few traditional parks. Anyone able to give more descriptions?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 80.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:01:41 PM
"I Got It" replaced Bingo in NY back in the 60's when the State decided bingo was gambling. Players toss balls one at a time when instructed by the operator into a 5X5 grid. First to get 5 in a line wins. In NY if multiple people win each gets several free games. If you win alone you get a ticket good towards prizes off the rack. When I was a kid they gave token prizes to multiple winners such as a box of peanut brittle, a 6 pack of pepsi of a bag of candy. Soem I Got It operators convert to Bingo when they play Pennsylvania.
godsonsafari
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:13:29 PM
Wow - that sounds a lot like Fascination, albeit with throwing instead of rolling. Anyone else know of other operators with the games outside of Powers?
Benjibear
Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:27:07 AM
The difference between Fascination and I Got It, is that with Fascination you roll the ball as quick as you can, it drops into a hole, records electronically, and comes back to you. An advantage with Fascination is to roll and go through this sequence quicker then the other players so you have a ball advantage and therefore more lights lit on your board. However in Fascination if a ball rolls through the same hole twice, no credit is given.
I got it, is just made up of the 5X5 grid with thin wood boards. You get unlimited balls in front of you to throw, however the announcer tells you when to throw each ball. After each call, a pause happens to see if any ones yells "I Got It". If you have more balls in your playing grid then what was called you don't win.
You see some I Got it in PA. My understanding is with I Got It, each games goes quicker (meaning more games per hour which equates to more money) because you are just telling people to through a ball then a bingo number which takes people time to find on their cards. Also, to check the winner is easier because all you need to do is count the balls used and make sure it is at or less then callers quantity of balls he told you to throw.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
ringmaster
Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:57:14 PM
I Go It gets the same play as Bingo, i.e old people who don't ride rides or spend on any thing else. Once they sit down, they stay until their ready to go home. One thing most operators have are very large fans. Some state fair operators have huge truck mounted air conditioners cooling their tops. It's considered a game of skill, so it works anywhere group games are allowed. Even stronger where local bingo is slouwed.