Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:55:35 PM
Anyone else seeing alot of this?
DickHefner
Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:07:44 PM
about six hours
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
squirrel
Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:21:51 PM
One of the issues with the new software is that is written for 'international' support. This means that it is written to run on any server anywhere in the world in basically any language. One of the downsides is that instead of us being able to tell it that it is hosted in the USA in the Central or Eastern Time Zone, and to use that clock, it automatically sets the server time to UTC (GMT) which is 6 hours difference. CST is GMT -0600 or GMT -6 hours, EST being GMT -5 hours - so in theory, the posts happen against the UTC clock and when we view them, we are 6 hours behind it give or take (or the server thinks it is 6 hours into the future).

The way it is setup is that on each member's profile, there is a setting at the bottom to tell the system what time zone you (the user) are in -- Snitz did not track this. So what all members need to do is go into their profile and select their time zone. This will fix many of the time issues they are seeing relating to 'post times' and so forth. Part of the reason we have it set to display 'time ago' instead of the actual post time is because even if your profile is not set with the right time zone, your computer should report what time zone the browser is in, and time-ago will compensate for this. It doesn't always work though and some users will see odd results.

I recommend everyone update their time-zone in their profile and this should help make the times match up a little better. I meant to post this as part of the "update completed" topic but have been busy as sin dealing with the tech-support and working with the developers to fix the mobile devices bugs (and others) so that the software works 100% to our needs.
ratwheel
Saturday, January 1, 2011 1:33:31 AM
hmmm does this mean that since I am GMT +6 I am technically looking at stuff 12 hours in the past. No wonder I am always the last one to know anything.

Sorry couldn't resist