squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:50:21 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Its a one year old Toshiba lap top with XP. it's not my computer

Mike... bite my hillbilly ass

Internet Exploder?
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:12:09 PM
Tried some testing in IE 8.0 and getting problems -- will do some checking on this --
Benjibear
Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:51:32 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

I'm cooking dinner, u think that will do the trick?

Only if you don't make a mess and you clean up.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:56:14 PM
Scott, and others using Internet Explorer -- let me know if things are going better for you here on the forums. I just pushed a code update at about 9:00pm CST that is supposed to resolve several issues for you.

Also fixed in this update should be the Search bug of getting an error during searches on the forums. Please advise if you're still having problems --

Thanks!
DickHefner
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:16:04 PM
I am wary of the smileys. I logged on twice this morning, just came back and did'nt have to log in. I like being able to upload an avatar, and hope to get 'avatarded' with it. Who's going to be the first one to hit the Report? button? Is the Thank button similar to Facebooks' Like button?

Love the max no. of characters too...
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
DickHefner
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:17:59 PM

Scott, and others using Internet Explorer -- let me know if things are going better for you here on the forums. I just pushed a code update at about 9:00pm CST that is supposed to resolve several issues for you.

Also fixed in this update should be the Search bug of getting an error during searches on the forums. Please advise if you're still having problems --

Thanks!

Sadly, no Firefox here, EI working fine for me though
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:20:10 PM
Just rebooted PC and AOL/IE seems to work fine now. Don't know if it was your changes or my reboot but either way it worked. I was getting a blank block with spinning dots when I opened an individual topic.
By the way Firefox was working OK BEFORE the reboot.
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:24:34 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Just rebooted PC and AOL/IE seems to work fine now. Don't know if it was your changes or my reboot but either way it worked. I was getting a blank block with spinning dots when I opened an individual topic.
By the way Firefox was working OK BEFORE the reboot.

That was part of the IE issues that the latest patch cured -- we just happened to do that at the same time as your reboot :)

Developers made some changes that were IE related and it seems they worked!
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:26:44 PM
Originally Posted by: DickHefner 

I am wary of the smileys. I logged on twice this morning, just came back and did'nt have to log in. I like being able to upload an avatar, and hope to get 'avatarded' with it. Who's going to be the first one to hit the Report? button? Is the Thank button similar to Facebooks' Like button?

Love the max no. of characters too...

The Smilies are basically because I got tired of the same 20 we had for 8 years, so I dug around and collected about 200 more - lol

The Thank button is kinda like an electronic 'thank you' -- it was working in a past version but I think there is a bug in the version we have -- the developers are working on it though, so hopefully in the next patch it will come back to life :)

Next to the username on a topic is a thumb-up and thumb-down icon -- those are 'user reputations' we have now -- so those are more like a "like/dislike" button -- as more members use those buttons on posts, reputations will be percentaged and displayed throughout the forums -- it's kinda neat but not much use yet --
2ndgencarnie
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:53:46 PM
So how can I "upload" a photo for a new avatar?

Disclaimer: I admit to being a dumbass hillbilly so asking for help is the only way to get this done...💻
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:58:29 PM
Originally Posted by: 2ndgencarnie 

So how can I "upload" a photo for a new avatar?

Disclaimer: I admit to being a dumbass hillbilly so asking for help is the only way to get this done...💻

You will do this in your "My Profile" button above, then choose "Avatar" option from the menu on the left -- the system will attempt to resize the image if it can and make it available to your profile once it is uploaded. If the filesize is too large, it will be rejected. You can PM me if you have more issues and we'll work something out [nod]

2ndgencarnie
Sunday, December 19, 2010 11:27:12 PM

You will do this in your "My Profile" button above, then choose "Avatar" option from the menu on the left -- the system will attempt to resize the image if it can and make it available to your profile once it is uploaded. If the filesize is too large, it will be rejected. You can PM me if you have more issues and we'll work something out [nod]

Thank You Sir...
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, December 20, 2010 2:35:20 AM
I've noticed that the last poster isn't necessarily the last poster.

When your looking down the list of topics.[donniker]

[drinking4 Love these new smileys[drinking3
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 20, 2010 6:57:13 AM
I went to the used equipt and it says welcome guest even though I am logged in and I clicked on the tab for post a ad and it says my session has ended and for me to log in ,
Also my post count has gone way down.
Herb
squirrel
Monday, December 20, 2010 6:59:01 AM
Originally Posted by: Grbjnt 

I went to the used equipt and it says welcome guest even though I am logged in and I clicked on the tab for post a ad and it says my session has ended and for me to log in ,

The Used Equipment links are part of Matt's classifieds -- they techically are not a part of the forums and have seperate logins and so forth. I will be working on that system most likely once I get the forums upgrade complete and 100% --