yes I have refreshed, no I haven't rebooted
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 1:16:20 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Some of the topics are not showing up for me

I have to log on everytime I come over to MCW

yes I have refreshed, no I haven't rebooted

Which topics are you missing - are you getting an error screen

As of this morning/early afternoon I made a couple changes to the authentication - if you have "remember me" checked on your latest login this afternoon, it should now remember you properly.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:16:58 PM
Strange thing, my post count declined by about 40 posts.[shocked]
Gotta wonder where they went.🤷

I too, find myself logging in multiple times.🐔

[guns1-1] Gotta love the smileys.[evillol]

I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:34:03 PM
Originally Posted by: 42WLA 

Strange thing, my post count declined by about 40 posts.[shocked]
Gotta wonder where they went.🤷

I too, find myself logging in multiple times.🐔

[guns1-1] Gotta love the smileys.[evillol]

The post count issue most likely relates to some missing topics from years back -- because we re-counted all the posts based on what is currently loaded into the system, some users saw a post drop. I apologize for this as originally posts were counted regardless of whether a topic got deleted or not. From here forward, post counts should continue on as expected, but due to the lost topics and re-count they did get adjusted :(

Please let me know if the login issue stabilizes from here forward. I made a configuration change this morning/early afternoon that will have required one more -relogin- to anyone who was signed in since the upgrade but that should be stable now. I have been signed in all day since the last update so hopefully that has been resolved as well --

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:49:06 PM
I've had to sign in both times I was on here.

The time before this, I would open a post, it would flash on my screen then everything would go black except the ad's. That seems to be fixed now tho
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:37:00 PM

I've had to sign in both times I was on here.

The time before this, I would open a post, it would flash on my screen then everything would go black except the ad's. That seems to be fixed now tho

Did it remember you this last time you were signed in -- or better yet, next time you sign in let me know if it remembered you. I made the change after you signed in last time today, so it won't have taken effect for you until this last login.

DanTheBooker
Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:56:36 PM
[helpsign] SS, I know you have bigger issues right now, but thought I'd mention an issue I experienced... I went into to chane my Avatar, and I uploaded the wrong picture. So i went and uploaded the correct one, and it tells me it resized the image. I click "OK" r "Close" and my avatar changes back to the wrong one. Like I said I know you have much bigger fish to fry right now, but I thought I would let you know[grd] BTW I love the new smileys.

Also, another issue... Everytime I sign on my girlfriend starts b*tching that I haven't even BEGUN to Christmas shop yet. Can you do anything about that?[slap]
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:07:11 PM
Originally Posted by: DanTheBooker 

[helpsign] SS, I know you have bigger issues right now, but thought I'd mention an issue I experienced... I went into to chane my Avatar, and I uploaded the wrong picture. So i went and uploaded the correct one, and it tells me it resized the image. I click "OK" r "Close" and my avatar changes back to the wrong one. Like I said I know you have much bigger fish to fry right now, but I thought I would let you know[grd] BTW I love the new smileys.

Also, another issue... Everytime I sign on my girlfriend starts b*tching that I haven't even BEGUN to Christmas shop yet. Can you do anything about that?[slap]

I have noticed a couple quirks about the avatars. I also had a member notify me that it took the system a few minutes to display the avatar properly after they had made a change. I will check into that :)

I don't think I can help with the upset girlfriend though. My fiance is a little mad at me as well because I've been in front of the computer since about 8am yesterday going through the upgrade, then all day today fixing bugs 🙂 Good thing she loves me and understands all this or I'd probably be pretty miserable about now --

Benjibear
Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:07:16 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

I have noticed a couple quirks about the avatars. I also had a member notify me that it took the system a few minutes to display the avatar properly after they had made a change. I will check into that :)

I don't think I can help with the upset girlfriend though. My fiance is a little mad at me as well because I've been in front of the computer since about 8am yesterday going through the upgrade, then all day today fixing bugs 🙂 Good thing she loves me and understands all this or I'd probably be pretty miserable about now --

You better go kiss and make up or else you will get a stocking full of coal for Christmas.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 6:37:13 PM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

You better go kiss and make up or else you will get a stocking full of coal for Christmas.

I'm cooking dinner, u think that will do the trick?
BSA Mike
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:02:20 PM
my avatar displayed fine after i put the new one up...[haha]
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:26:39 PM
I"m just now able to get back on.

I wasn't able to log on two hours ago. I could open the site, read all comments, but itwouldnt let me sign on.

And by the way, I have to sign in even with the lil box check... crazy *
squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:45:45 PM

I wasn't able to log on two hours ago. I could open the site, read all comments, but itwouldnt let me sign on.

But it's still not 'remembering you'? What browser/OS are you using?
BSA Mike
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:46:19 PM

It's your backwards ass hillbilly computer...

[grd]
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Sunday, December 19, 2010 7:48:10 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

But it's still not 'remembering you'? What browser/OS are you using?

Its a one year old Toshiba lap top with XP. it's not my computer

Mike... bite my hillbilly ass