squirrel
Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:17:43 PM
We've managed to push the upgrade. I'm still working on some issues at the moment, mainly to do with topic replies and a couple other issues. If you get an error replying due to a "MAIL ERROR" of some kind, please be patient. I will work this out as soon as I can see just what is going wrong.

The error was not present on the test system or would have been resolved before we pushed the upgrade.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:30:38 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

We've managed to push the upgrade. I'm still working on some issues at the moment, mainly to do with topic replies and a couple other issues. If you get an error replying due to a "MAIL ERROR" of some kind, please be patient. I will work this out as soon as I can see just what is going wrong.

The error was not present on the test system or would have been resolved before we pushed the upgrade.

Congratulations on a job well done.
UserPostedImage
JustJeff
Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:11:12 PM
What is the best method to read the archives?I used to click on search and check archives ,and I had to type in some key words..

Is there an easy way to get to all the archives? By the way Thanks for all the hard work..

The different style will take some adjusting on my part,but I can handle it!!

jeff
squirrel
Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:18:41 PM
Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

What is the best method to read the archives?I used to click on search and check archives ,and I had to type in some key words..

Is there an easy way to get to all the archives? By the way Thanks for all the hard work..

The different style will take some adjusting on my part,but I can handle it!!

jeff

The archives are no longer 'archives' -- they are actually part of the main forums now. Basically, by using the search form, it will automatically search the old posts as well. There are over 180,000 posts available now -

When you search, you currently have to 'actually click' on the search button - pressing enter seems to throw an error at the moment. Another unknown bug...
Skywheelrider
Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:46:05 PM
Looks really good so far! I like being able to add my own avatar, and the links right up top is nice. Very nice! Great job SS. [happy]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Mennayar
Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:18:00 PM
Which BBcodes have you added so far?
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:28:22 PM
How do we get back to logging in anonamously?
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:51:59 PM
squirrel
Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:00:45 PM
TEST to see if the post/reply bug is gone -

Also - Anonymous logins are temporarily disabled until we iron out all the bugs. We are trying to test the statistics of the system and track where I am having problems with the software at the moment. There are other features that I have yet to enable once I get the rest of the issues we're having ironed out.
squirrel
Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:20:22 PM
Originally Posted by: Mennayar 

Which BBcodes have you added so far?

Everything BBCode is stock except for HR which was added to support the snitz codes that were stored in the database. There were a few quirks from the import into the messages (mainly list formatting) but I think I caught most of them in the testing.

Once I get the bugs worked out, I'll be changing to a different Editor that offers many more features (including the bbcodes currently supported) - but for now still trying to get the bugs sorted out.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:49:11 PM
I LIKE THE NEW LOOK AND I LOVE THE NEW SMILEY'S
[yourock] 🐔 👏
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
squirrel
Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:51:45 PM
Thanks for the positive comments -- I appreciate them all -- This has been a long process of testing, errors, more testing, working with developers on the bugs, waiting game, and so on - and when we thought it was all going to be ok, I ran with the upgrade. Now, for some reason there are some quirks that didn't show up during testing - one by one I'll get them. I'm about to disable topic notifications completely until I sort out why there are errors every time someone posts...

This posting bug is really starting to * me off --
Bowler Roller
Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:51:59 PM
This is going to take some getting used to.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
squirrel
Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:14:46 PM
Another issue so far was the non-migration of PMs from the old system.

The PM system in Snitz was a modification that was next to impossible to migrate to this format.

I will either have to migrate the PMs manually - which might take a while or put the old forum online with PMs only (everything else locked) so that members can retrieve their PMs on their own. If we do this, the system will only be online for a month or so to allow the retrieval. I have to catch this other bug with posts and notifications before I can get into the other issues.

In the meantime, if a member needs their PM data right away, contact me and I will see about sending them their old PMs some other way.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:28:14 PM
i'm sure you will get it all worked out
keep up the good work[grd]
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage