Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 12, 2010 10:52:23 AM
Spaced out today, delivered a train to a long established loc which was totally wrong. Why check the route sheet. Busy week, 7 hard days, help may have over 100 hours this week, with overtime.

Forgot to load a 4 game package, go back to WQ, make it back in time.

2pm slough, cold, 27 deg, blowing snow, hands wet. Five time tour GI stinks from whiskey, shows up an hour late, he sits out the 3 hour gig.

God I love show biz.

UserPostedImage
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:27:34 AM
Who the hell comes out in 27 degree weather??
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
squirrel
Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:08:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Free Rides - Buyouts -- been there done that... Used to play a church spot on Halloween Night - 5 hour run - open to public - no charge - paid for by the church... Last year it was 30ish out and the iron turned full loads for 5 hours straight... My brother was running the Zipper from under 2 blankets in his chair and had a tub-man in 3 layers busting tubs and was still complaining cold (even though we had him sweatin' from the action --)
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:15:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Spaced out today, delivered a train to a long established loc which was totally wrong. Why check the route sheet. Busy week, 7 hard days, help may have over 100 hours this week, with overtime.

2pm slough, cold, 27 deg, blowing snow, hands wet. Five time tour GI stinks from whiskey, shows up an hour late, he sits out the 3 hour gig.

God I love show biz.

you gotta take the good with the bad [;)]
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:36:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Free Rides - Buyouts -- been there done that... Used to play a church spot on Halloween Night - 5 hour run - open to public - no charge - paid for by the church... Last year it was 30ish out and the iron turned full loads for 5 hours straight... My brother was running the Zipper from under 2 blankets in his chair and had a tub-man in 3 layers busting tubs and was still complaining cold (even though we had him sweatin' from the action --)

God Bless ya, man, I just don't think that's something I want to try.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Majestic Fan1982
Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:49:54 PM
Houghton enterprises is the first show to come out around here March

and the last to close for the season end of october. any earlier or later then that i dunno what people would think lol. it was 55 here today with rain sorry Pinetar for your blizzard and bitter cold lol.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:24:20 PM
The gig was inside but the rig was outside.
UserPostedImage
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:42:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

God I love show biz.

Don't worry there will be plenty of shovelin for Ira Hayes in the next couple of days 18 by Tuesday is the latest 8 inches our side a couple feet east
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, December 12, 2010 1:51:37 PM
remember somedays are better than others and that why you make the big bucks
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 12, 2010 5:25:00 PM
To you wimps who can't stand a little cold, play the Fort Worth Stock Show in Jan. Couple of years ago the help was removing ice from the midway. They lost the first 9 days.

Back in the day when Bobby Walker and I were Tming wheels we spead the wheels outside to make the final welds and adjustments. We shoveled snow of the deck many times but made our delivery dates. That was in CLeveland in Jan and Feb, tell me about cold, bunch of snowbirds, fair weather carnies, 40 milers.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
mcarnyforlife
Sunday, December 12, 2010 6:07:00 PM
Set up twice in the snow. Yreka, Ca for a spring spot and Lake Tahoe for the paddle boat races. That pig iron is no joke in the snow.
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND