Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:24:37 AM
Ok I'm trying to upload a video.

I have these lil boxes "preview boxes" it seems to be showing the same photo over and over for a few frames then it jumps to another. Is this right?

Also how accurate is the timer? Right now it's showing something like 400 minutes remaining. The video is 28 minutes long
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:30:50 AM
Never mind, it looks like the images are slightly different from the last
squirrel
Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:43:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Never mind, it looks like the images are slightly different from the last

It's taking snapshots of the video as it's uploaded --

Upload time is based on approximate file size and your current upstream speed... What is your connection like? Most upload times are an estimate -- as the upload progresses they will update...

My photo galleries try to provide an 'upload time' but it is usually overly estimated as it's done on an average function...
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:16:26 AM
28 min. is a long time. It probably will be rejected. Tell us the file size of your movie.

Do a google and look up file size specs for youtube. They will also show U other stats that they prefer.
UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:31:54 AM
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:31:06 AM
I believe the maximum length of a video on Youtube is 15 minutes.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:41:46 AM
I think I've got the uploading figured out....however all of my videos are pretty long, some up to two hours.

I now need to find a way to break them up in to shorter peices.

I have some programe called Windows Movie Maker... DAMN this thing is driving me nuts.

I'm giving up for now.
squirrel
Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:11:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

I think I've got the uploading figured out....however all of my videos are pretty long, some up to two hours.

I have some programe called Windows Movie Maker... DAMN this thing is driving me nuts.

I'm giving up for now.

Windows Movie Maker sucks ass --

I'll round up a few little movie-editor programs for you and send you some download links...
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:43:17 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

Quote:

quote:

I'm giving up for now.

Thanks dude

Windows Movie Maker sucks ass --

I'll round up a few little movie-editor programs for you and send you some download links...

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:48:18 AM
Scott, when we ask for info, please respond. Tell us the file size and did u ck google. this is getting frustrating. you need to buy software to do what u want.

If you don't have the brain engaged to do it yourself, then u r on your own.

I'm done helping U. Screw it.Very few posters post videos of any kind. U either got it or you don't.

U need to read and comprehend what is required. Ask your homie, hurl, for help. He has vids on Utube.
UserPostedImage
squirrel
Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:12:39 PM
Video editing/conversion and uploading is not the easiest thing to get into when it comes to dealing with uploading and so on... It takes practice and tons of trial / error. I have yet to upload much video myself, mainly because I don't have one of them high-dollar video cameras... I have the computer to handle the processing and so on, and tons of audio that can be muxed in with video to do some good stuff, but it's all time consuming, and again - you have to have the source video to get started...

Anyways -- I posted a topic here: http://www.carnivalwarehouse.co...topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34314  that has links to some free apps to do basic things and some other notes... Hope it helps...

For what it's worth, if anyone has raw video they want converted and put online or returned back in a 'streamable' format, PM me and I will set you up with a place to upload them on my FTP server - then we'll go from there...
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 15, 2010 7:57:26 PM
Editing video takes a lot of reading. I just came across this article on the iPad. I use Sketchbook Pro that they also mention.

http://www.macworld.com/...2010/11/ipad_avatar.html 

Otherwise, everything you need to know is on google, but you have to read, comprehend and practice.
UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:57:27 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Editing video takes a lot of reading. I just came across this article on the iPad. I use Sketchbook Pro that they also mention.

http://www.macworld.com/...2010/11/ipad_avatar.html 

Otherwise, everything you need to know is on google, but you have to read, comprehend and practice.

Thanks Gary and everyone else, However as I said in the beganning I had no idea about any of it. I have a sucker job that involves 14 hours out of every day along with other home responsibilitys.

I can't spend endless about of time on it, but at least now I know where to start and will give that a shot this coming weekend.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:16:28 AM