•  Nickb
  • 50.68% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Nickb
  •  Nickb
  • 50.68% (Neutral)
Sunday, October 3, 2010 5:34:48 AM
It appears that the main axle shaft broke.
Nickb
  •  Nickb
  • 50.68% (Neutral)
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 3, 2010 9:18:12 AM
Hey Nick,
Not one of the wheels we did. The pic of the top tower revealed what I needed to know. It was RUMORED the TX conversions had an axel crack, not break thus Al Sunny had us take a preventative measure. This measure was not required or even suggested. Those wheels have passed safety inspections in every state thus was not considered a problem.

The tip off for me was we cut the spokes square not angled and the mounting of the trailer ball on the windbrace. We bent the shoe in the the tower for better ball alignment and bolted it in so it could be removed. I know the cause but I won't post it. Let the lawyers figure it out but it is not the showowners fault, nothing he could have done to prevent it.

Any ride owners that have Eli mounted wheels other than Eli mounted if you PM me I'll be glad to share the cause and prevention with you. I will ask you provide validation to prove you say who say you are. I won't feed a lawyer but I will do my part for those show owners who wish to take this measure. The cost is miminal.

As for these of the MCW people. Don't speculate. Nick posted a visable fact, the axel broke. As to cause, leave that to the experts, please. Don't feed the lawyers.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
texasshowman
Sunday, October 3, 2010 2:17:25 PM
would that be a bierbaum mount. he mounted like 70 wheels.