Majestic Fan1982
Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:27:16 PM
Britt on here brought up that the fair that is running in her state the cliff hanger in North carolina has not been cleared to operate due to accidents in other states with this ride.

I havent heard anything about this. Skellys and S&S own this ride so can somebody tell me whats the problem going on with this ride??
ikno
  •  ikno
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:32:34 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

Britt on here brought up that the fair that is running in her state the cliff hanger in North carolina has not been cleared to operate due to accidents in other states with this ride.

I havent heard anything about this. Skellys and S&S own this ride so can somebody tell me whats the problem going on with this ride??

You didn't get your letter/bulletin from Dartron yet? Better call and give them your serial number so they can make sure you get notified in the future. Oh, wait a minute, you're that clueless fan. Go worry about your Geo Metro and leave the ride worries to the pros.
vcanfield
Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:55:17 PM
http://www.naarso.com/Bulletins.htm 

The bulletin is not on the Darton website--latest bulletin there is two years old, although also for the Cliff Hanger bearing base.
Majestic Fan1982
Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:51:45 PM
Lol. sorry but sometimes us fans like to know what problems these rides are having. Us fans get hated on alot for following the amusement industery news instead of being a "pro"

also im not a selfish person so my heart goes out to the show owners because they have to get the "fix" for these rides before they can operate this ride again. and since you only have like 6 posts i hope you arent going to be one of these drama people.
ladderman
Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:29:13 PM
There was a structural failure on a cliffhanger in new York the immediate fix is that all cliff hangers must have a NDT test( mag particle) before they can operate.

All states are ok with this except north Carolina who is currently fighting with Dartron to keep them banned, even though the failure analysis and engineers say they are safe. Also of the 65 cliff hangers currently traveling about 58 have already had the NDT testing done and only 2 have came back with indications, one of which had been modified not according to manufacturer protocol.

There will be another bulletin coming out in the very near future about another plate that will have to be put in to further strengthen the area in question. The bulletin will require this to be done by the end of te year but not immediately, hopefully this solution makes the state of north Carolina happy and they will be able to operate again.

Darton is also going to release a new part for the bottom part of the seats that will strengthen those plastic pieces and stop the cracking
circusguy
Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:41:14 PM
Very good explanation, Kyle. Thanks alot. Hope things are going good for you in Texas. Say hello to Brittany for me.
LB Shows Mini Midway
Friday, October 1, 2010 5:02:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

Lol. sorry but sometimes us fans like to know what problems these rides are having. Us fans get hated on alot for following the amusement industery news instead of being a "pro"

also im not a selfish person so my heart goes out to the show owners because they have to get the "fix" for these rides before they can operate this ride again. and since you only have like 6 posts i hope you arent going to be one of these drama people.

Thank you. Being a knocker can be a two way street.