britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:42:54 AM
We will open tonight after having 9 inches of rain in 3 days. grounds drain well as we put lots of money into underground drains. J&J Amusements on the midway. Chance Giant wheel, Mulligaan wheel, Sartori Kami, Sartori 1001, tilt, SKYDIVER, Orbiter, Bertazzon Swings, Super Loops, KMG Fireball, Thunderbolt themed as Rock n Roll, Orient spiral coaster, Paratrooper, Midway of Utica with Wisdom Himi, Eli wheel, Scooters, slide. Plenty of kiddie rides. Might have missed some. Cliff Hanger and Scorpion racked out back as they have not been cleared to operate in NC yet due to accidents in other states on similiar pieces, not the ones here. Joey Shelton, Bob Ash, Jack Burback, Brian Coker, B&B Concessions are a few of the concessionaires. Our website is not completely updated due to our webmaster being sick but check it out at www.robesoncountyfair.com  Tonight is can night with free admission with 5 cans of food for the food bank.
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:27:56 AM
I remember a muddy fair a few years ago!
Good luck & hope you have a great year.
JustJeff
Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:22:20 AM
Great Website for a county fair.As good or better than some State Fair Websites I have seen...At least that is my opinion...jeff
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:37:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RRSHOW1

I remember a muddy fair a few years ago!
Good luck & hope you have a great year.

remember that one well there rrshow. pavement runs thru there now. also a new grandstand behind that area with all galvanized and aluminum seating 3000. add two zeros to that and that is the investment we made in that area this year.

forgot the hurricane in the lineup. headless woman, biggest rat and largest reptile in here also.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Friday, October 1, 2010 7:51:00 AM
1st night little soggy and wet. not a record breaker by no means but we got the kinks out of everything. Check out the articles at www.robesonian.com 
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, October 1, 2010 7:46:48 PM
I miss the chicken bog that was good S&*(
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Friday, October 1, 2010 8:17:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by paulmbe

I miss the chicken bog that was good S&*(

brother paul, it is here. good as ever. come on down and we will let you judge the winners next Saturday in the cook-off. just like campbell soup. m'm m'm good. matter of fact we do have a campbell soup plant in the county.
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, October 2, 2010 6:29:21 PM
Would love to be there but stuck in Ohio
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
pizzaman
Sunday, October 3, 2010 4:54:09 AM
Your event looks great! I have a few questions about how you operate things. Please check your PM.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Monday, October 4, 2010 7:19:48 AM
fairly good weekend. over 12,000on Saturday. splash downs seeing a lot of action. the hand wax joint seemed to be doing fairly well. crowd around it every time I walked by. most food vendors seemed to be happy with the weekend.

Forgot to mention we have one of the water balls/bubbles. seemed to be doing good as well as the mechanical bull. bungy jumps were getting some action.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:25:24 AM
im not sure when he went but a friend from work said the diver had not gone through inpection did pass finally
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 5:59:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

im not sure when he went but a friend from work said the diver had not gone through inpection did pass finally

Diver is up inspected and running. watched people ride it tonight.