Hippie Bill
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:37:13 AM
After looking at the San Gennaro thread it made me wonder.

What is the best spot for food you've ever played?

San Gennaro in NYC Little Italy is first for me. The restaraunts all have vending in the street, and inside too. Beer on ice for your break.

Plus, if you want Chinese, Chinatown is right there too. Damn.

Second was a comittee joint at Delaware State Fair in Harrington.

Some Amish type folks set up, all home made meals, cakes and desserts too. Little old ladys with white hair cooking it up. Turkey, ham, mashed potato's, gravy. The same stuff they made at home.

Best desserts ever, even better than San Gennaro, fresh homemade cake everyday.

Other than these two it was a lot of commercial fair food, even at the big spots.
"Hit the last two and finish it up for the large."
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:55:31 PM
THE BEST FOOD WILL ALWAYS BE FOUND
IN
THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD
NEW YORK , NEW YORK
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Matt C.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:07:51 PM
Minnesota State Fair has great food! I just wish I could eat more lol.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Benjibear
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:09:25 PM
There were many spots that I looked forward to food. There was a spot in NY that served breakfast all day which was something different. Centre Hall Grange Fair has some local stands that served home made dinners as well as a few fireman's carnivals. French Fries and Fish sandwiches at one spot. Bloomsburg Fair has everything from cheese steakes to home made perogies and pototato pancakes to clam chowder and on and on.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Hippie Bill
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:39:46 PM
Minnesota State Fair had some pretty good food. The locals who only set up for the one fair brought some good variety from the usual fair food. Albequerque had a few like that on the independant midway.

LA County Fair in Pomona had a couple of ok places too, some real good Mexican.

But John 777 had it right, NYC is the best city for food I've ever been in, bar none.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:23:14 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Minnesota State Fair has great food! I just wish I could eat more lol.

i havent played st paul since the royal had it but i can remember eating french fries and drinking lots of beer in those flimsy wax cups[:D]
the fries were great and so was the beer
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Rockowheel
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:25:05 PM
In CHICAGO we take a back seat to NO one when it comes to food!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by john777

IN
NEW YORK , NEW YORK

john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:38:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Rockowheel

Quote:

quote:

IN
NEW YORK , NEW YORK

chicago is my second favorite city
but whats up with that mostaccioli and those vienna dogs
you guys do have the best beef sanwiches there

with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Hippie Bill
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:33:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Rockowheel

Quote:

quote:

IN
NEW YORK , NEW YORK

I've spent a lot of time in Chicago. I worked for Dave Coss on Spectacular Midways. I love Chicago, its one of my favorite cities. If it wasn't so cold I would live there.

Maggiano's is great, I'm going in November. The deep dish pizza is great too. I went to Pizzeria Uno on downtown south of the loop, the original. If you like Vienna beef then Chicago is good for that too.

But when it comes to just walking around conveniently finding good food, imho, you can't beat New York. Everyone eats out all the time. There's tons of places from street food to the fanciest places. The competition is huge and the restaurants that survive have to over do it so you will come back. Best bagels by far.

Chicago has the nicest people but when it comes to food "I want to be a part of it".

Chicago has better tasting pizza, NY has more convenient pizza, grab, fold, and go.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:14:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

[i]O
I went to Pizzeria Uno on downtown south of the loop, the original.

I went there, it was busy so I had to discretely tell the mgr what I thought of their pizza, I didn't like it.

Chi. and NYC are both great for food. I love the smell of butter and garlic in the air, while passing such restaurants in the fall.

Grand Central Station is another good one for food. The kiosks in the lower level have a big variety, the market shops are all gourmet; like $43 per pound steak, Japanese, but it wasn't Kobe beef.

My favorite there is the oyster bar. It has the look of the 30's or 40's. Interesting old steamer system for making chowder, right in front of you.

Please pass the Wonder bread and bologna!
UserPostedImage
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:59:44 AM
now y'all know that the best food is here in the south.[:D] lol cornbread, collard greens, fatback. [:)][:)]
JustJeff
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:20:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

IN
NEW YORK , NEW YORK

The city so nice,they had to name it twice--New York,New York..[:D]

.........jeff.......

john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:45:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Quote:

quote:

[i]O
I went to Pizzeria Uno on downtown south of the loop, the original.

I went there, it was busy so I had to discretely tell the mgr what I thought of their pizza, I didn't like it.

Chi. and NYC are both great for food. I love the smell of butter and garlic in the air, while passing such restaurants in the fall.

Grand Central Station is another good one for food. The kiosks in the lower level have a big variety, the market shops are all gourmet; like $43 per pound steak, Japanese, but it wasn't Kobe beef.

My favorite there is the oyster bar. It has the look of the 30's or 40's. Interesting old steamer system for making chowder, right in front of you.

Please pass the Wonder bread and bologna!

you would love mulberry st, garlic all kinds of cheeses all kinds of meats pastries best bread best macroni
TONY BAR right on mulberry st is my favorite
the SPRING ST BAR mulberry and spring st is a nice joint as well
the 3th drink is always on the house except when the feast is going on.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Rockowheel
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:07:38 AM
I will say for feast food, NY has us beat here in Chicago. Although we have a great selection (at good prices) there's nothing like the sausage with peppers and onions on the grills and the zeppoles frying. I was a bit dismayed by the high prices though at the San Gennaro feast. Worse yet was down at Coney Island where a frankfurter was going for towards $4each, esp. at the new Luna Park.
Here in Chicago you can get a great hot dog wayy cheaper than that AND french fries for the price!
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:40:36 AM
I loved the food in St Paul, especially the French Fries. I loved the Rib Eye Sandwiches in Louisville. In OKC, I lived off the red beans and Rice. Beaumont had great Shepard's Pie in a bread bowl. The Polish Fest in Hamtramck has a great selection, but, IMO, the best food was in and around New Orleans. NYC and Chitown have nothing on NOLA's food.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum