bobo5038
  •  bobo5038
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Friday, September 10, 2010 2:59:09 AM
Has anyone ever been on the midway or fair grounds and witness or came upon someones death. This happened to me twice in all my years of travel.

The first one was 1975, Wausau, WI. A game owner by the last name of Boldwin had a heart attack behind the joints. I was 12 years old at the time. I ran back onto the midway saw "Uncle" Ray Steele of Steele Amusements and he handled the situation.

The second was Beaumont, TX. 1985. A recently hired ride jock had crawled under the tub load trailer of the music fest after the jump from Tyler, TX. The trailer was still hooked up to the tractor. The ride was being put on location. The driver jumped into the tractor, started it up. Got out of the tractor, walked around the trailer to make sure it was clear to move. As he rolled the truck forward that is when it was notice that Animal (ride jock) was under the trailer. The wheels of the trailer crushed his skull. The night before tear down we were all reminded "NOT" to seek shelter under any trailers that were hooked up.

Please use true personal accounts of what was witness not just stories told threw the years.
Pizzagod
Friday, September 10, 2010 3:47:28 AM
This is a pretty morbid, ghoulish thread.

What would motivate somebody to start it?
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
kool-aid kid
Friday, September 10, 2010 3:50:35 AM
Bad topic bobo,I'm pretty sure we have
All Witnesed death on the midway some how,some way,
That's a sad subject,that I wished didn't happen. And pretty
Sure People here wouldn't like pass words about those memorys
At least I wouldn't.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, September 10, 2010 3:59:36 AM
Jim Roller told me one time that he saw one of his guys taking a nap under a trailer. He said, he grabbed the guy by his feet, pulled him out and said, "If I ever see you under a trailer again, I'll throw you off the lot"

Yeah I agree... bad topic
Benjibear
Friday, September 10, 2010 4:03:43 AM
While it may be a bad topic and a little too detailed, it may help remind us to think safety first and to prepare for first aid and CPR.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
DickHefner
Friday, September 10, 2010 5:11:09 AM
nevermind..... bad taste, seen it, dont wanna talk about it, lost someone very important to me
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, September 10, 2010 6:21:08 AM
[xx(]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
JustJeff
Friday, September 10, 2010 7:35:40 AM
Woke up in the morning with a couple PBQs that I thought were dead---Come to find out they just smelled that way....jeff
bobo5038
  •  bobo5038
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Friday, September 10, 2010 10:32:01 AM
Sat in front of my computer 5 minutes with it wrote just wondering what the respond would be. Pretty much what I thought it would be. I don't know how many times I read on the page that topics were getting stale but I guess this was a bad choice. Sorry!
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, September 10, 2010 11:30:46 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustJeff

Woke up in the morning with a couple PBQs that I thought were dead---Come to find out they just smelled that way....jeff

[8)]
detroit121
Saturday, September 11, 2010 5:26:58 AM
At a church in roseville(detroit)a bushel agent named Dale Muldoon strangled and killed onr of my best freinds(a family friend) petey who was a balloon store agent on the lot, at a church of all places!!!i hope he rests in peace(its been 10 years),when the priest got there the next morning petey was still laying there under a sheet and he read him his last rights.....what a sickening day,ill never forget it...ALL OVER DRUGS!!!!!!!
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
JustJeff
Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:14:19 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pizzagod

This is a pretty morbid, ghoulish thread.

What would motivate somebody to start it?

Got to disagree with you on that ,Paul...I think we can have a topic about this..Do not need a lot of morbid details of course,but we all have experianced death at points in our lives (other peoples obviously),and we discuss it in the "Real World" why not on here?

Obviosly it may bother some folks bringing up memories that they would just as soon not recall,and I apologise for that aspect,but as a general rule I commend bobo5038 for thinking outside of the box a little bit...Seems like a no-win situation on here sometimes--People get jumped on for the same old topics and then when someone does try something a bit different ,they get jumped on also..

As for a personal story from me--outside of my PBQ comment on post 5,I have never witnessed Death personally..There were a couple incidents that happened with the show I was on,but out of respect for the people(persons) involved,I do not feel comfortable sharing them...If I did,however I would..

Again ,apologies to anyone who has had bad feelings stirred due to my comments....jeff
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:34:31 AM
Long ago: You know how you finally realize that a crew member is suddenly missing; perhaps on a long break but they did not tell anyone.

25 year old, hard drinking ride jock, was missing on slough for a few minutes. He was found dead, on the other side of the semi. Natural causes. The hat was passed.

On a more recent occassion, a game owner, passed on, sitting, working his joint. He died the way he wanted to; working his joint with his boots on.
UserPostedImage
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 11, 2010 12:42:26 PM
I have witnessed the death of the midway & have been sad ever since.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 11, 2010 2:02:51 PM
"please use true personal accounts of what was witnessed?" Why would I ever want to tell the personel account?> I saw my "bestfriend" die from a ring on a tractor tire come off... What I saw was the single most horrible thing I had ever experianced... This thread is in bad taste... thank you for reminding me how fagile life is when you travel on the road...
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are