Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:53:47 AM

I received this email yesterday and thought I would post it here. I have deleted her email and address for safety reasons. If anyone is interested PM and I'll give that to you.

Hello,

My name is Heather Teta and I’m the Casting Director for truTV’s exiting documentary-style reality show, All Worked Up. We are currently casting our third season and we’re looking for out-going and dynamic Amusement Park / Water Park / Carnival Teams who manage to keep smiles on their faces (and their sanity!) while working a truly tough job! How do you handle it when people become irrationally upset over height/safety restrictions? How do you catch those people who try to sneak in without paying?” We know that you must have plenty of funny/dramatic stories to share!

All Worked Up profiles the work lives of people in unique, demanding careers…the ultimate professionals who manage to keep cool as cucumbers, no matter what stress or "drama" comes their way during their difficult jobs. We’ve filmed with really intense careers in the past, including Repo, Towing and Impound and even Security…and we think that profiling a fabulous amusement team (traveling or permanent) would be a lot of fun while also showing a different kind of "drama" (anyone who has ever had to entertain and service a large crowd of people knows how stressful your work can be!). Our goal is to show our featured characters in a positive light, to profile the business (a little free publicity never hurt anyone, right?) and highlight the professionalism of the staff during a stressful day on the job. The characters we highlight on All Worked Up are always the “good guys” so we want to film with folks who love what they do and diffuse road blocks in a professional way.

If you’d like to learn more about the show, please write in asap with a description of your business and a couple of interesting stories about drama you’ve handled during your years in the biz. Remember that we’re looking for all different levels of drama…including the funny situations you encounter on the midway!

Best Regards,

Heather Teta

Pizzagod
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:42:02 AM
"....who manage to keep smiles on their faces (and their sanity!) while working a truly tough job!"

What is this "smiles" she talks about? What is this "sanity"?

"...How do you handle it when people become irrationally upset over height/safety restrictions?"

The same as any other job, we browbeat and ridicule them, then complain about their stupidity when we are talking to our co-workers. That's "Must see TV" if ever I heard of any.

"...How do you catch those people who try to sneak in without paying?”

We don't. That's not our problem. We do snatch wristbands that have obviously been taped after being passed to another person.

"We know that you must have plenty of funny/dramatic stories to share!"

We do? You know that? Wow. It's so great that you have these psychic powers that you can just look at us and know all these things. Since you're in television we know that you must pal around with Jennifer Anniston and probably get to drive the original KITT or Batmobile when ever you want to.

God, just what we need. Some time I'll have to dig out the letter from Man VS Food I got about the Beef Sundae because they knew I'd be at the California State Fair with it (I wasn't) and they wanted to film that idiot eating one.

For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:27:35 AM

I refuse to answer any of those questions or tell any Stories on the grounds it might Incriminate me....I'll take the 5th.
Soda Guy
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:25:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

I refuse to answer any of those questions or tell any Stories on the grounds it might Incriminate me....I'll take the 5th.

I'll take a fifth or a case of beer if you are buying [:D]
DickHefner
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:11:19 PM
LMAO at you ALL!! how I feel about the topic
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
DanTheBooker
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:53:27 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DickHefner

LMAO at you ALL!! how I feel about the topic

Does anyone think she'll find a show to film?
Pizzagod
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:58:12 PM
Oh God yes! Some attention prostitute somewhere will tantalize her with watered down stories that she wants to hear.

Hasn't a clue, just wants to perpetuate the myths that surround us.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:57:12 PM
Look at their other quality productions:
Repo
The towing co.

Everyone is always as calm as a cucumber. Such classy shows.
UserPostedImage
Pizzagod
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:04:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Look at their other quality productions:
Repo
The towing co.

Everyone is always as calm as a cucumber. Such classy shows.

OH man, I love that show! Everybody freaks out, everybody screams and hollers, everybody signs a release so they can be on television...
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:07:02 PM
I like the towing show "wrecked" by them

I think they have called every show in the database. I think everyone in chicago has got the call already
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BSA Mike
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:33:06 PM
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:42:43 PM
I did a little research,
Quote:

quote:

Heather Teta

is on harpo productions payroll.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
susie
  •  susie
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:46:07 PM
Got the same one

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I received this email yesterday and thought I would post it here. I have deleted her email and address for safety reasons. If anyone is interested PM and I'll give that to you.

Hello,

My name is Heather Teta and I’m the Casting Director for truTV’s exiting documentary-style reality show, All Worked Up. We are currently casting our third season and we’re looking for out-going and dynamic Amusement Park / Water Park / Carnival Teams who manage to keep smiles on their faces (and their sanity!) while working a truly tough job! How do you handle it when people become irrationally upset over height/safety restrictions? How do you catch those people who try to sneak in without paying?” We know that you must have plenty of funny/dramatic stories to share!

All Worked Up profiles the work lives of people in unique, demanding careers…the ultimate professionals who manage to keep cool as cucumbers, no matter what stress or "drama" comes their way during their difficult jobs. We’ve filmed with really intense careers in the past, including Repo, Towing and Impound and even Security…and we think that profiling a fabulous amusement team (traveling or permanent) would be a lot of fun while also showing a different kind of "drama" (anyone who has ever had to entertain and service a large crowd of people knows how stressful your work can be!). Our goal is to show our featured characters in a positive light, to profile the business (a little free publicity never hurt anyone, right?) and highlight the professionalism of the staff during a stressful day on the job. The characters we highlight on All Worked Up are always the “good guys” so we want to film with folks who love what they do and diffuse road blocks in a professional way.

If you’d like to learn more about the show, please write in asap with a description of your business and a couple of interesting stories about drama you’ve handled during your years in the biz. Remember that we’re looking for all different levels of drama…including the funny situations you encounter on the midway!

Best Regards,

Heather Teta

DickHefner
Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:02:56 PM
I have dubbed most of these reality type shows "Fat People with Jobs"
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
geewizz66
Friday, September 10, 2010 7:38:14 PM
The problem is no matter how good your show, joint or food operation is they don't want to show it in a positive light (they may say that they want to) they just want the rolling head....the negative the toothless strung out carnie.

I have had a lot of producers contact me about filming documentary's or movies that have the carnival in them. When I ask to see the screen play or the written program most of them bow out. I will not allow our show or industry to be portrayed in a negative light. When I rented the show for filming "Wild Hogs" Disney had no trouble sending me the screenplay, writers notes and the directors ideas on how the carnival would be portrayed and used as a back drop.

Do you all remember "Wife Swap", the Gillettes were portrayed in a very negative way. I have never seen their show, but from what I have been told by people that know them, they have a nice show and that they are good people. That isn't how they appeared on that show. $ 50 grand isn't that much money to have your reputation trashed on national television.

Geewizz66