Matt C.
  •  Matt C.
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 31, 2010 3:35:28 PM
I was up in the Wisconsin Dells over the weekend and the place was packed... way more people then last Memorial Day weekend. A lot of hotels were showing no vacancy on Saturday and Sunday nights and the parks were all packed. Traffic on my way home today was solid, which shows that a lot of people went away for the weekend.

On the show front, reports from several of the Chicago carnivals this weekend were good, with the exception of a mid-day storm that dampened Memorial Day itself. Joints were solid as were rides.

What are the reports from other regions?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
JustinJames
Monday, May 31, 2010 4:05:34 PM
Severe storms Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday here in SC
Pizzagod
Monday, May 31, 2010 4:33:10 PM
I don't know how the spending was for Elliott and Skerbeck and Mid America but the weather here was FANTASTIC 3 of the 4 days of the weekend. If the money didn't come in, it sure wasn't because the weather didn't cooperate.

We can all start praying as far as that goes-we open in Burlington in two weeks. Is two years of good weather in a row too much to ask for?
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
2ndgencarnie
Monday, May 31, 2010 5:42:45 PM
My pizza place had a damn good weekend, does that count???? [:D][;)]
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, May 31, 2010 6:23:14 PM
Matt the family and i were at adventure island in tampa, it was packed to the gills..... bush gardens was using its secondary parking lots....
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:04:32 AM
Our Park on May 23rd, was 2,000 away from matching the gross on June 30th of last year.

Pizzagod
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:56:37 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Our Park on May 23rd, was 2,000 away from matching the gross on June 30th of last year.

Awwwright! Scott can loan us money!!!!!
DanTheBooker
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:18:32 AM
This is barely carnival related. However, at the Memorial day parade in Duluth, MN, some guy had a beautiful popper set up in a K-Mart parking lot. We sat about a half a block away. This guy had a very steady flow of people for the entire parade!
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:31:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pizzagod

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Awwwright! Scott can loan us money!!!!!

Not a problem PG. intrest rate will be 29.999

Send me an address and I'll send out an App today[:D]
Pizzagod
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:14:25 AM
29.9999 is still lower than most of what I qualify for anyway.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:21:59 AM
Should have been a great weekend. First of the month money early (because of the way the holiday was on the calendar), holiday weekend, and a full moon
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson