mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:56:17 PM
NAME has a unit playing the Louis Joliet Mall,in Joliet,Il. Rides are merry go round, hampton, tilt a whirl, pharaoh's fury, dizzy dragons fun slide, gravitron, tornado, sizzler, construction zone, spidermania, crystal cave, safari rescue, spin out,orient express.[http://good-times.webshots.com/album/577588369gIteXx]
Bmp79
  •  Bmp79
  • 50.14% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:33:18 PM
I am stopping by there on sunday to see if i can get a job with NAME.
mcarnyforlife
Thursday, May 6, 2010 10:23:03 PM
Apperantly NAME is the #1 show in the whole USofA. Correct me if I am wrong. Why did they move from the west coast to the east side? Just curious.
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
Rockowheel
Friday, May 7, 2010 3:10:34 AM
Did they do a still date in Aurora yet this year?
axenstar
Friday, May 7, 2010 5:31:41 AM
The astro Chicago unit.

Don't think name plays the Aurora show. Well for this year anyway.
Midwest carnival
midwestcarnivalshows.com
LB Shows Mini Midway
Friday, May 7, 2010 5:39:41 AM
Speaking of NAME... Anyone know what they're going to do at the KY State Fair this year since Kentucky Kingdom is not there anymore.

A larger midway should be in order I would think.
Pattiecake
Friday, May 7, 2010 5:31:38 PM
There's a NAME unit just outside of Atlanta at the Stonecrest Mall on east I-20, I think it's exit 74??. I don't remember seeing a show there in all the years I've lived around here. We drove by just as they were opening Thursday. Not many games. The rides were pretty nice. There was a Matterhorn that looked real good. And a little kiddie teacup ride that was pretty nice, too. I didn't get any pics, but if I get back by there I will take some.
Play fast, Win big, Leave early!!
adrianduarte
Friday, May 7, 2010 8:42:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pattiecake

There's a NAME unit just outside of Atlanta at the Stonecrest Mall on east I-20, I think it's exit 74??. I don't remember seeing a show there in all the years I've lived around here. We drove by just as they were opening Thursday. Not many games. The rides were pretty nice. There was a Matterhorn that looked real good. And a little kiddie teacup ride that was pretty nice, too. I didn't get any pics, but if I get back by there I will take some.

It's the first year for that mall to have a carnival, I'm surprised since so many of the burb malls have played host to so many before. I think the only ones that haven't are Lenox, Phipps, Cumberland and Perimeter. BTW NAME's last day at Stonecrest will be Sunday.
America's Got Talent 2011 Contestant #6******.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 8, 2010 6:08:33 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mcarnyforlife

Apperantly NAME is the #1 show in the whole USofA. Correct me if I am wrong. Why did they move from the west coast to the east side? Just curious.

I don't think they were a left coast show....Rosen had offices out there but that was it...
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, May 8, 2010 7:44:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

I don't think they were a left coast show....Rosen had offices out there but that was it...

Farthest west anyone plays is Calgary, state side would be Texas and Kansas.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:39:46 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by adrianduarte

Quote:

quote:

It's the first year for that mall to have a carnival, I'm surprised since so many of the burb malls have played host to so many before. I think the only ones that haven't are Lenox, Phipps, Cumberland and Perimeter. BTW NAME's last day at Stonecrest will be Sunday.

Heard there's yet another Carnival playin' in the Atlanta area this week but,....no info,..no pix,....no report....[:X]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
mcarnyforlife
Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:44:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

Yea, I was wondering, all I knew is that they had offices in Hollywood, I believe.
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
cny_chris
Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:50:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Arent they part of the Clear Channel Corp? If so Id imagine they would have offices in Hollywood.
trey

No, they aren't part of Clear Channel.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
cny_chris
Saturday, May 8, 2010 2:49:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Quote:

quote:

Arent they part of the Clear Channel Corp? If so Id imagine they would have offices in Hollywood.
trey

No, they aren't part of Clear Channel.

Are you sure they arent under Ticketmaster/Live Nation one of those media conglomerates?
trey

Fred Rosen, who was the 'money man' for the NAME deal was the former head of Ticketmaster. When the deal happened, he was no longer involved with them. That's likely what you are thinking of.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
JustinJames
Sunday, May 9, 2010 7:09:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by adrianduarte

Quote:

Heard there's yet another Carnival playin' in the Atlanta area this week but,....no info,..no pix,....no report....[:X]

[;)]