cny_chris
  •  cny_chris
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:14:41 AM
May be of interest to some of the folks here. A friend who does military/war games miniatures shared a couple of their catalogs with me. Figured some of the stuff they carry would be useful to the modelers here.

http://www.micromark.com/ 
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:11:34 AM
Great place to buy from, I have bought plenty of modeling tools from them, so has my Dad, prices are good, too.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:39:30 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Great place to buy from, I have bought plenty of modeling tools from them, so has my Dad, prices are good, too.

Yea great place to buy from. I know quite a few guys who swear by their decal sheets. Also if you subscribe to their email updates you can catch some good deals!
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 18, 2010 3:40:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

What kind of modeling does your dad do?
Skywheelrider
Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:25:04 PM
Well, he is into HO-scale model railroading, mainly the iron ore trains of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. He had started a layout, but never finished it, needed the space, but he is going to start again soon, so he says, he has all kinds of engines, ore cars, and ore carrier, ore dock, and he said he will base it mostly on the Lake Superior and Ishpeming Railroad in and around Marquette, where he was born and spent his summers growing up. He gets the MircoMark catalog and has bought items for himself and for me (like CHRISTmas, birthday), all kinds of neat items in the catalog for all kinds of model builders and those into wood working, and metal, too.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain