massachusettsman
Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:32:51 AM
The annual fiesta shows carnival has been set up at the showcase cinemas for the past month. I drove by last weekend rides are
Falling Star
Sea Dragon
Giant Gondola Wheel
Freak Out
Zipper
Remix
Cliff Hanger
Mardi Gras
Haunted Mansion
Thunderbolt
Scooter
Tilt
Superslide
Raiders
Wacky Worm
Orient Express
Rockintug
Crazy Bus
MGR
Traffic Jam
Convoy Race
Im going up tomorrow to take pics and ill get a joint count and if i stay until night ill get a bub count

Skywheelrider
Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:42:22 AM
Falling Star? Really? I was not aware one was being moved anymore outside of, I believe, Helms and Sons in California. Or is it another ride rethemed? The Chance Falling Star is a big piece!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
massachusettsman
Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:09:21 AM
Ya its a big chance falling star
They just bought it from a show on the west coast im not sure which one
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:33:03 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by massachusettsman

Ya its a big chance falling star
They just bought it from a show on the west coast im not sure which one

Sounds like the one that was on Usedrides.com a while back. Would love to see pics
BeauceCarnavalMan
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:09:42 PM
The falling star is one of my all time favorites. Cannot wait to see the pics!
RodB
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:23:25 PM
Sounds like a fantastic lineup! Lot of chance! Id love to see pics....
massachusettsman
Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:37:31 AM
http://community.webshot...om/album/577381632zDPODe 
Also I just want to comment on how good fiestas rides are looking this year. 2 years ago I thought they were one of the uglier companies but now I think there one of the best.
The sea dragon,tilt a whirl,superslide,giant wheel and cliff hanger have all been recently done over and look fantastic. The remix,freak out,mardi gras,and wacky worm are all pretty new and look fantastic. The only ride that looked like it needed some paint was the thunderbolt but that rides been with fiesta forever.
cny_chris
Monday, April 19, 2010 4:36:06 PM
One thing I will say about Gene Dean is that he's not afraid to move the big multi-trailer iron. Might have to try to catch them at one of their bigger fairs to see the Falling Star in action. Not that many of them around at all.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, April 19, 2010 4:53:49 PM
your right chris gene isnt afraid of anyhing even passing out big rent slips
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 19, 2010 5:47:46 PM
How many portable Falling Star's were built. May have only been a few. Is this the only one left on the road?
massachusettsman
Monday, April 19, 2010 5:56:59 PM
crazy dance
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:41:29 AM
Tornado
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:40:34 AM
no, 3 may be 4 trailers.
3 side-by-side like the the Chance Giant wheel and possibly a 4th for extras or possibly a gen. If it like the Huss Rainbow it needs it own gen...
cny_chris
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:13:27 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tornado

no, 3 may be 4 trailers.
3 side-by-side like the the Chance Giant wheel and possibly a 4th for extras or possibly a gen. If it like the Huss Rainbow it needs it own gen...

3 trailers + a generator, if I recall the ad for it correctly. Although I believe it operated as an independent piece, so it may not need a dedicated genset.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Matt C.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:07:34 PM
I believe the Falling Star was Helm's from California.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com