FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:28:04 PM
Why don't you see any show owners today buying new from Chance and Morgan? Is it because many of the portable pieces the company now offers you can just buy used? The Yo Yo, Century, Fury and Carousel line are good products.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:31:19 PM
I believe Chance pretty much committed themselves to the park market now.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:35:01 PM
Looks like most of their products are park models but below some rides they have portable specs. The last portable unit I can think of by chance was Zipper to Arnold I think in 2000 or 2001.
pizzaman
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:37:05 PM
That's a great question. I see some used Chance pieces for sale but not alot by any means. A few Zippers, a few Yo Yo's, century wheels are few and far between. Maybe chance got too expensive.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:28:43 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by pizzaman

That's a great question. I see some used Chance pieces for sale but not alot by any means. A few Zippers, a few Yo Yo's, century wheels are few and far between. Maybe chance got too expensive.

[8)]
squirrel
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:28:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

In the mid to late 90's they started turning out junk that didn't have the lifespan that their older iron did (from about the Chaos on...). That and as of late, they have focused on the park market - They'll still build you whatever you want if you got the stew...
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:35:39 PM
Money Talks. Who would you say has the newest Chance piece on the American Midway? Arnolds Zipper was the last I rememeber. I think a few Inverters were sold in 02 and 03.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:14:27 PM
PGAM's Zipper is a 2001 too, I think.
cny_chris
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:37:13 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

Quote:

quote:

In the mid to late 90's they started turning out junk that didn't have the lifespan that their older iron did (from about the Chaos on...). That and as of late, they have focused on the park market - They'll still build you whatever you want if you got the stew...

Yep. Chaos, Slingshot, and Inverter were the downfall of Chance. Prices have gone up on the traditional pieces, and there's plenty of Zippers, YoYo's, Wipeouts, etc. out there, some come up for sale on occasion. Century Wheel is now competing with HiLite, Expo Wheel, and the occasional used Mulligan. Giant Wheel needs orders for 3 of them to start production, I'm told.

As for the newest portable Chance piece, it prolly is one of the Inverters (likely converted to an ARM Full Tilt at this point). Sling Shots are a little older. Fanelli's have/had one of the newest Zippers, IIRC, not sure of the year, though.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:44:27 PM
Chance's product took a big with some of what built, there just wasn't the quality and longevity or parts availabilty the Selner, Ererly or Eli Bridge was know for.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
DanTheBooker
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:13:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

A new Century wheel is $865,000. How does that compare to an Expo Wheel or a Highlight Fair Wheel, I don't know.
cny_chris
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:17:21 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DanTheBooker

Quote:

quote:

A new Century wheel is $865,000. How does that compare to an Expo Wheel or a Highlight Fair Wheel, I don't know.

Not sure what Expo or HiLite are getting, but it's likely less than that. HiLite was $385k when it first came out, as I recall.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
mcarnyforlife
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:19:06 AM
butler got a new zipper in 2001
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
ScorpionKing
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:06:51 AM
MAS Bought their Slingshot in 2004-5 i do believe... what a piece of junk!! high dollar maintenance and high dollar operating costs!
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:28:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ScorpionKing

MAS Bought their Slingshot in 2004-5 i do believe... what a piece of junk!! high dollar maintenance and high dollar operating costs!

2003, actually. Same year they got one of the first Freak Out's in the US.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain