showman
  •  showman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:42:21 PM
I drove by today and seen two crazy mouses, one looked new or freshly painted and the other one needs a paint job. are both mouses owned by name? and who takes care of them?
ScorpionKing
Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:02:32 PM
Both NAME rides suspect one is the actual crazy mouse and the other is the wild mouse or mad mouse whichever they call it... cant say for sure but know they own two of the rides!!
broadshoulders
Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:05:26 PM
1 is a smaller (5 car) version and one is a larger (7 car) version I believe. I think the larger one travels on the canada route and the smaller one travels on the Farrow unit. They are both Crazy Mouse's as the Wild Mouse is from a different manufacture. Correct me if I am wrong.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:35:01 PM
What ever happened to those Mad Mouse coasters they bought?
Matt C.
Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:44:18 PM
I believe the larger one was built by Reverchon and the smaller one was built by Zamperla, who purchased the rights of manufacture from Reverchon.

The smaller one is the same size as Reithoffers. The larger one is the same size as Amusements of America's and Steve Vandervorste's mouse coasters.

At one time NAME/Farrow had one of the Fabbri Pole Position style mouse coasters, but I believe they got rid of it after having a lot of issues with it. Fiesta Shows had one as well but sold it.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
cny_chris
Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:30:35 AM
Mad Mouse is gone, from what I understand. The Fabbri's had a lot of negative press the only year NAME had theirs out.

<s>Pretty sure that the Crazy Mouse that NAME has on the former Conklin route (most of the time) is a 30 meter Zamperla, which is the Reverchon design with some updates.</s>

I wasn't aware that NAME had two Crazy Mouse coasters currently. The only 40 meter versions that I was aware of that are traveling are Amusements of America's and Vandervorste's, both are Reverchons. I've been told that Zamperla has discontinued the 40 meter version. Since the original poster noted one is freshly painted, I'd suspect it's A of A's that's booked in, it just got fresh paint in February.

Wild Mouse is an alternate name that can be put on the Zamperla (which is what Reithoffer did).

Edit: I checked my photos, and the NAME (Conklin Unit) is a 40 meter Zamperla.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
JustinJames
Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:43:11 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Mad Mouse is gone, from what I understand. The Fabbri's had a lot of negative press the only year NAME had theirs out.

Pretty sure that the Crazy Mouse that NAME has on the former Conklin route (most of the time) is a 30 meter Zamperla, which is the Reverchon design with some updates.

I wasn't aware that NAME had two Crazy Mouse coasters currently. The only 40 meter versions that I was aware of that are traveling are Amusements of America's and Vandervorste's, both are Reverchons. I've been told that Zamperla has discontinued the 40 meter version. Since the original poster noted one is freshly painted, I'd suspect it's A of A's that's booked in, it just got fresh paint in February.

Wild Mouse is an alternate name that can be put on the Zamperla (which is what Reithoffer did).

I know that in Detroit I went up to the mouse to say HI to Shuper and they told me he's with the other mouse in Canada.
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:46:11 AM
All of the above is correct. The fabbri mad mouse sat in Jackson for two years and was then turned into the mega drop that moves on Bobby Gills Farrow unit.
showman
  •  showman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:34:11 AM
I drove into the grounds (all i did is wave) today, and there is a difference. there is a bigger one. thats the one that looks new, it also has a photo booth. the scenery has a old farrow horse on the bigger one and the smaller one has no markings.
Tornado
Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:10:01 PM
The easy way to tell them apart, besides the size which you would only notice if they were setup.
The larger 40 meter Reverchon one (like what Amusements of America and Vandervorste have) has the loading platform on the left hand side when facing the ride from the front and has I believe 7 or 8 switch backs.
The smaller 30 meter Zamperla one (like what Reithoffer and Ray Camack have) has the loading platform in the front and has 5 or 6 switch backs.
showman
  •  showman
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:19:12 PM
It's the one with the long side load, and yes it's the one SHUPER moves, i stopped by again and found some guy on a fork lift. he says that the big one that looks new is the one that SHUPER moves and it does go to canada. so, they do have two of the same named mouses. just one is the 30m that goes on farrow and the 40m that is on Diaz's unit that goes to canada. that mouse must of been the first zamp. verison also,that guy says it's like 5 or 6 years old, but to me it looks newer then the one on the farrow unit.
cny_chris
Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:49:01 PM
I took another look at my photos, and as noted above, the NAME Conklin Unit's Crazy Mouse is a 40 meter version from Zamperla. I recall them adding the Crazy Mouse and Mad Mouse to the show pretty close together. So I guess the question now is, when did they get the 30 meter Crazy Mouse?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
BeauceCarnavalMan
Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:10:43 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

I took another look at my photos, and as noted above, the NAME Conklin Unit's Crazy Mouse is a 40 meter version from Zamperla. I recall them adding the Crazy Mouse and Mad Mouse to the show pretty close together. So I guess the question now is, when did they get the 30 meter Crazy Mouse?

Didnt they get the one Conklin's unit 1st and the other one a 1 or 2 seasons after?
BeauceCarnavalMan
tiltcharles
Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:39:49 AM
Does any show still move an old Wild Mouse?
ladderman
Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:34:56 AM
A of A's is in cleveland ohio at the IX center