slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:38:16 PM
any one know any thing about them,seen one on used rides and it got my attention.my self i like the music chairs or jitter bug. but would like to see a mull swing
Skywheelrider
Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:57:35 PM
Arnold Amusements has one, to me it's basically an oversized Watkins Swinger with scenery panels to make it look more "spectacular." The one they have is a mid-1970's model. Dreamland Amusements has (or had) one as well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 22, 2010 3:24:09 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Arnold Amusements has one, to me it's basically an oversized Watkins Swinger with scenery panels to make it look more "spectacular." The one they have is a mid-1970's model. Dreamland Amusements has (or had) one as well.

the one Playworld has is also a Mulligan piece i think that they acquired from Jules and Beck. I like it better than a swinger but that is from a fan perspective.
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, March 19, 2010 5:51:49 AM
Why does it look like the floor is expanded metal?
My albums are all on Facebook!
Skywheelrider
Friday, March 19, 2010 9:49:21 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

the one Playworld has is also a Mulligan piece i think that they acquired from Jules and Beck. I like it better than a swinger but that is from a fan perspective.

You are correct, it is an updated version of the older swing ride, Mulligan built it about ten years ago. It is called the Sky Quest, and only one was built. No one wanted it until Pat Guthrie bought it, then after a few seasons with it sold it to Jeff Brady, and Playworld still moves it. Personally, I think it looks sharp, much flashier than the older Mulligan swings.

On another note, I believe Arnold's has retired theirs, as they now move a Zamperla Mini-Wave Swinger that they got from MBGS a year ago and rebuilt over this past Winter. I saw it in Tampa at the FSF and it looks great. I saw the old swings sitting racked in a yard of theirs in Gibsonton.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Matt C.
Friday, March 19, 2010 9:51:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg

Why does it look like the floor is expanded metal?

I didnt get that either!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Friday, March 19, 2010 10:03:39 AM
Well this was quick. I just posted the above, and was pointed to this ad....seems Playworld has traded their Mulligan Swings to ARM as part of a deal to buy a new Vertigo.

http://www.usedrides.com...aspx?Ad=11527&view=i 

pizzaman
Friday, March 19, 2010 3:19:33 PM
First picture of that Mulligan swing for sale on usedrides isn't a Mulligan!
Skywheelrider
Friday, March 19, 2010 3:27:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by pizzaman

First picture of that Mulligan swing for sale on usedrides isn't a Mulligan!

Yeah, it's a Wave Swinger, looks like Baxter's.
adrianduarte
Friday, March 19, 2010 5:50:27 PM
I don't think Jules and Beck had this for more than a year, after they refurbished it I believe the last spot it played under their ownership was Atlanta Fair before heading up north with Playworld. Definitely a sharp looking piece.
America's Got Talent 2011 Contestant #6******.
Skywheelrider
Friday, March 19, 2010 8:40:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by adrianduarte

I don't think Jules and Beck had this for more than a year, after they refurbished it I believe the last spot it played under their ownership was Atlanta Fair before heading up north with Playworld. Definitely a sharp looking piece.

They had it for at least two seasons, at least here in Michigan, 2003 and 2004.
JustinJames
Friday, March 19, 2010 9:02:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by adrianduarte

To my knowledge they never refurbished it... it was bought new then sold to Playworld. Playworld did a bit of work on it upon arrival though.
adrianduarte
Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:41:05 AM
I had no clue that they had it for a while, I guess they just didn't use it at a lot of their spots in the Atlanta area. I don't usually ride swing type rides, motion sickness pills don't work on me but I thought it looked great. Now that I know that the Guthries had this for a while, I'm wondering what else they have stowed in storage that I don't know about. I remember several years ago they acquired a Zipper from a repo lot, at least that's how the late Doc of Peachtree Rides put it. Over the past few years I've seen a lot of the Guthries' rides come and go, they dropped the Sidewinder from their line up for the old Kennywood's Roll o Plane. They also had a Flying Bobs they they repainted and sold. A few years ago they had a roofless Mack "Himalaja" at the Atlanta fair but I've not seen it since, though it is on their website. Heading out to the Atlanta Fair today or tomorrow so I'll have the pics that I've promised...I might also head over to the parking lot on Tara Blvd in Morrow where Jules and Beck have a few pieces set up.
America's Got Talent 2011 Contestant #6******.
JustinJames
Saturday, March 20, 2010 5:50:42 AM
That open top Himi is now Garth Nicely's. It played Griffin, GA with us in the fall.
BIG L
Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:11:49 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

That open top Himi is now Garth Nicely's. It played Griffin, GA with us in the fall.

weren't people looking for him last year?
Looking for strong route to book a
1 man ticket box. 😛