DickHefner
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:28:49 AM
what is your' shows policy on having personal vehicles on the road? Be it, cars, trucks, suvs, or even golf carts, motorcycles, minibikes and atvs? is it open for negotiations? or are there certain requirements a vehicle has to meet?
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
DickHefner
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:41:18 AM
I think they should be insured, look clean, be for ONLY the owner to drive(with the exception of a jump) and of course not be used for beer runs(or dope). some times it should be only allowed for the help you trust though and if other help dont like that, well theres always another show....
Bowler Roller
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:02:54 PM
I don't think I ever drove an insured vehicle while on the road, whether it belonged to me or the boss.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
transplant2
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:32:47 PM
Ive always had my personal vehicle on the road . Don't have to depend on nobody to go anywhere
I Don't deserve to be here
Benjibear
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:51:35 PM
I think it would be a hard thing to enforce with your employees. Unless you are providing them transportation, they should be allowed to bring vehicles.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
detroit121
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:18:12 PM
the only thing that seperates alot of bosses from their employees is a few loans,some nice trucks and an RV along with some flash!!!who is somebody to decide wether a grown adult can have a car with them while they are simply working for the show???the show does not own anyone!!all of the growing the industry claims to have done and a topic like this is still an issue in the business???what show owner or boss has the rite to tell an employee they cant have a vehicle??in those cases its usually about getting a guy in a trap and thats the truth!what about the showowners that are drunks and into drugs??they can drive because they arent in a trap YET!!!??a couple of bad seasons and a few bad decisions and ANYONE can become the "help"!i use to love when me and my wife would work as agents in the winter and roll onto the lot with an RV and truck 5x nicer than the so called bosses stuff!!all this nonsense about treating the help like second class citizens will stop one day.besides,what does it say about somebody when they only want to hire people that will let somebody degrade them to the point were they arent allowed to drive themselves???it says that operator is a weak minded person!!!......they cant have their own car HUH!!GIMME A BREAK!!!
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
detroit121
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:26:33 PM
it shouldnt even be a discussion in all honesty.in no other business would this even be a poll!!! infact this kinda poll only makes this business that much more behind the times and everyone else moving forward!!SAD BUT TRUE!!!

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

I think it would be a hard thing to enforce with your employees. Unless you are providing them transportation, they should be allowed to bring vehicles.

DickHefner
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:35:10 PM
when i first started out, our show didnt allow any personal veh.s at all except for the ride sup, office manager, and the book in joints im not sure what exactly the policy is now, but when i was last on the show i was undrr the impression that rule was still in effect when i notice people had personal veh. out. when i go back this year im taking my path finder (insured) with me and i dont know what the owner will say
DickHefner
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:41:29 PM
no q's asked im bringing it with me now if its a big issue sure ill park it in wq but will sell it cause there is no point in owning a veh. if you can dive it but my buddys got a trailer and a truck ive been in with the owner several years longer than he has granted he stayed on the show and i went to trade school for a year, ive got to work my way up to that and i see the pathfinder as a way to practice this weird thing called "responsibility"
detroit121
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:02:17 PM

buddy if you are a reasonable enough guy to go to trade school and you own a vehicle dont let any business owner you work for tell you that you cant have it with you!!!! thats a trap my freind!that isnt a show that wants to see you better yourself!!!WAKE UP MAN!!!!

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DickHefner

no q's asked im bringing it with me now if its a big issue sure ill park it in wq but will sell it cause there is no point in owning a veh. if you can dive it but my buddys got a trailer and a truck ive been in with the owner several years longer than he has granted he stayed on the show and i went to trade school for a year, ive got to work my way up to that and i see the pathfinder as a way to practice this weird thing called "responsibility"

joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:39:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

buddy if you are a reasonable enough guy to go to trade school and you own a vehicle dont let any business owner you work for tell you that you cant have it with you!!!! thats a trap my freind!that isnt a show that wants to see you better yourself!!!WAKE UP MAN!!!!

What he said. For real!

However, I remember being on Lowery shows in 1995. At the time, there were 2 bunkhouses that held the whole show-ticket sellers, food help, ride jocks and joint help. No motels-you worked the show, you slept in the bunkhouse, And no cars. Everyone piled into a couple vans and went out to eat together every day. It was like being in a time warp. I wound up there quite by accident, and got the hell out of dodge maybe three weeks later. So I guess I have heard of small shows with rules like that. I just can't imagine staying with one myself.
detroit121
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:20:35 AM

and your smart for that!!!those are shows that are still in some wild time warp!!id love to see a guy that lost his equipment that treared guys like that get that treatment himself!!when we would go around some shows like that we use to even put our trailer in a rv park because some of them will and do sabotage your equipment if they need help to stick around!!FACT!!

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by joan

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

What he said. For real!

However, I remember being on Lowery shows in 1995. At the time, there were 2 bunkhouses that held the whole show-ticket sellers, food help, ride jocks and joint help. No motels-you worked the show, you slept in the bunkhouse, And no cars. Everyone piled into a couple vans and went out to eat together every day. It was like being in a time warp. I wound up there quite by accident, and got the hell out of dodge maybe three weeks later. So I guess I have heard of small shows with rules like that. I just can't imagine staying with one myself.

cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:11:08 AM
the problem is they lug off everything they can including the wire
DickHefner
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:15:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cme
the problem is they lug off everything they can including the wire

Agreed and i can under stand why he wouldnt want me to have a P.V. but i know ive earned the trust not to do anything stupid, and while i am pretty firm on keeping my vehicle, i really want to for for Ed and i will keep the veh. oofff the road. i dont know lotsa crap aint fair just get over it
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:22:40 AM
There are way too many holes out there to work for someone who worries about my personal vehicle.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum