Gary C
Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:51:21 PM
The Mitchells had a "pie car" on Conklin Shows in the late 80's-early 90's that was top notch. Mr. Mitchell was a true gentleman, and ran a great operation. I drove for him for a while, and he paid me like a king. Coffee was always fresh, and food portions were huge. Those were the days. No marks EVER came in there without getting run quick. After hours it was a G-top, with sandwiches, beer, and gambling. Play the six arrows, pee wheel, ace away...Yeah, those were the best days of my life...
Gary C.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:04:15 AM
Thanks Gary for shankin my memory... they did have a nice place. The food was always good there. Nice G also... Do you remember the after hour shows they put on ? ohhhh they were funny as He$$!!
To eveyone Thanks for all the input!
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
pughjr38
Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:11:04 AM
Captflash Ace Mathews wife was Nancy not Betty. AKA "The Teacher" Better watch out for the teacher.
coney girl
Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:05:08 PM
Among my family heirlooms are keepsake tickets for "Vita's 10 c. Lunch" and "Vita's 5 c. Lunch" that are probably close to 90 years old! My grandpa and dad had a big sitdown grab joint at the Connecticut fairs for many years. Wish I still had their location, it was the best! When my dad switched to games, my cousin got it. They had a carnival spots, too. The tickets are long and narrow with five tickets per.
Amusing the Zillion
A former carny kid casts an insider’s eye on the amusement business, Coney Island, and fun places in between
http://amusingthezillion.com/ 
http://twitter.com/AmusingZillion 
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:03:07 PM
While in Richmond, VA at the fair I ate at Christy's cookhouse and I use to see them around the east coast. about a mile from where I live their son had a place and he parked his semi here for a while.
I believe mr Christy's name was Avery.
Now this was years ago.
Herb
captflash
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:40:24 AM
thanks man
don't tell i have forgotten her name
flash