britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, January 7, 2010 4:29:15 PM
cold here in Raleigh with the possibility of an inch of snow tomorrow. Carnivals are J&J, Inners, AofA, PGAM, Dreamland, Smokey Mountain, Brinkley, Reithoffer, Playworld, Strates, Fun Rides. several MCW's here with grabjoint, snowman, wweg, grabjointtjim, as a few. many others who read this site but do not post. wweg getting the news for a feature story on some happenings and Carnival Mag. here doing that as well. large trade show and Elvis was in the building performing at lunch. Scholarship Auction went well last night-Wednesday- with a carousel rocking horse donated by PGAM going for 1200.00. Also had a reverse raffle with $2000.00 going to the winner with 100 tickets sold at $50.00 each. been over to the Angus Barn for supper and gotta go and consume some adult beverages in the hospitality rooms now.

edited for content by britt
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, January 8, 2010 4:04:26 AM
i love the angus barn. go there every chance i get.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
SideWinder
Friday, January 8, 2010 11:26:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

cold here in Raleigh with the possibility of an inch of snow tomorrow. Carnivals are J&J, Inners, AofA, PGAM, Dreamland, Smokey Mountain, Brinkley, Reithoffer, Playworld, Strates, Fun Rides. several MCW's here with grabjoint, snowman, wweg, grabjointtjim, as a few. many others who read this site but do not post. wweg getting the news for a feature story on some happenings and Carnival Mag. here doing that as well. large trade show and Elvis was in the building performing at lunch. Scholarship Auction went well last night-Wednesday- with a carousel rocking horse donated by PGAM going for 1200.00. Also had a reverse raffle with $2000.00 going to the winner with 100 tickets sold at $50.00 each. been over to the Angus Barn for supper and gotta go and consume some adult beverages in the hospitality rooms now.

edited for content by britt

I have one here sitting in my garage in a crate ready to ship to the NY Convention also donated by PGAM. As well as the model show that will be set up on display. NY Convention is Jan 15 thru 18 2010 At the Convention Center Located on Main Street Downtown Rochester, NY.

Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, January 8, 2010 12:00:53 PM
Yea average high here in SC has been 30 degrees over night lows in teens. Britt anything new in routes?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Friday, January 8, 2010 3:57:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

Yea average high here in SC has been 30 degrees over night lows in teens. Britt anything new in routes?

nothing really new in NC except a couple smaller fairs. J&J will be playing Stanley County in Albemarle, Brinkley doing Hamlet and there were a couple other small changes. Florence SC will be expanding to 10 days for 2010 starting October 6th I think. Possibility Greenville NC also expanding to 10 days. Olee Bowers from Stanley received the Holmes/McBryde award and Bobby Brinkley won half/half and donated it back to the Dick Janas Scholarship fund, $1300.00. NO SNOW HERE TODAY. weather person wrong again nad I am glad they were. Off to consume some more adult beverages.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, January 8, 2010 5:18:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

nothing really new in NC except a couple smaller fairs. J&J will be playing Stanley County in Albemarle, Brinkley doing Hamlet and there were a couple other small changes. Florence SC will be expanding to 10 days for 2010 starting October 6th I think. Possibility Greenville NC also expanding to 10 days. Olee Bowers from Stanley received the Holmes/McBryde award and Bobby Brinkley won half/half and donated it back to the Dick Janas Scholarship fund, $1300.00. NO SNOW HERE TODAY. weather person wrong again nad I am glad they were. Off to consume some more adult beverages.

Didnt SMA cover Stanly county last two seasons?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Friday, January 8, 2010 7:34:18 PM
SMA had the contract. Hospitality suites going strong tonight. ALL the PGAM crew out on the dance floor in their hospitality room. Even Charlie out on the floor, everyone except Shoup. great time by all. Thanks PGAM for the hospitality.
SideWinder
Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:26:07 AM
I was under the impression that the "STANLY COUNTY FAIR" is no longer. This is what I heard from sources there from the very last year we played it. I heard that the county decided to fold it due to lack of funds. They are still having a fair but calling it the Legion Fair or something like that. But you know how rumors can start and grow....
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Sunday, January 10, 2010 3:34:06 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SideWinder

I was under the impression that the "STANLY COUNTY FAIR" is no longer. This is what I heard from sources there from the very last year we played it. I heard that the county decided to fold it due to lack of funds. They are still having a fair but calling it the Legion Fair or something like that. But you know how rumors can start and grow....

there are no county operated fairs in the state. there are 3 operated by coliseum facilities-Cabarrus, Greensboro and Fayetteville and 2 by the NCDA- NCSF and Mountain State Fair.. I guess you could call those government operated fairs. @ fairs are basically owned by individuals and the rest are sponsored by various civic organizations and agricultural groups. Stanley County - Albemarle has always been operated by the American Legion even at the old fairgrounds in town. the property the fair is on is owned by the Legion. They have meeting facilities in part of the big building.