Larry White
Sunday, January 3, 2010 9:38:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

i'm with bowler roller, they wells one is always nice, is it still out??

Cox's is bad either

What Are You Smoking ?
Thumbs Up, Harry !
shopdude
Monday, January 4, 2010 1:39:25 AM
no not this year i dont think he is happy with the club right now
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by back40

he use to I don;t know about these days shopdude may be better to answer that or lotman... I don;t live close enough to the club to go anymore.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by GACC

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by back40

glad to here peewee is still around... good man,. spent some time in his WQ when I had no place to stay... he was a good man on the road also, he used the notebook system.. pay on draw or pay at pay day... he made sure you got something to keep you going...

thanks everyone... turns out there is some good chatter here about food for a change..
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by shopdude

peewees still comes to perry,ga. an to pensacola still good!

Does he still do the functions at the club?

R.J.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, January 4, 2010 5:51:31 AM
hard to beat a pee wee burger!!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, January 4, 2010 10:15:20 AM
Your right Ryan... he did have a awsome burger... I know alot of you never played Strates but does any one that played in Buffalo remember the steak and red potato house in the gully right before the entrance to the track> They made the best stakes and the red potatoes were to die for.. all that yummy butter and salt....and the whole dinner was only 5 bucks... back then that was soo well worth it.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

hard to beat a pee wee burger!!!

it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
mcarnyforlife
Monday, January 4, 2010 11:14:24 AM
the chili pepper on butler was really good, I don't know if it is still out there, though. Two dollars for a HUGE breakfast burrito with hashbrowns, eggs, sausage and gravy, mouth watering goodness
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
unclewallyjr
Monday, January 4, 2010 3:15:45 PM
Maybe I'm showing my age but anyone who was around Coleman Bros. and later the Buck-Page Shows back in the '60s & '70s will tell you that Butch Rossitto had one of the best "True Carnival Cookhouses" on the road. It was the classic cookhouse with bar stool type seating for the suckers at the counters around the outside and tables & chairs for the carnies on the inside. Marks were only allowed inside when it got really busy. Griddle across the front for flash. A semi-trailer across the back with full kitchen. And a chalkboard menu in the back with several good affordable meals to choose from each day (always a little pasta in there somewhere). I remember as a kid hearing that loud deep voice yelling " HEY BOY GET IN HERE " and before I knew it I had a fat juicy "T" Bone sitting in front of me with all the trimmings. Cold nights always prompted some spicy chile or a thick hearty soup. I'd like to have a dollar for every jackpot that was cut up across those tables or better yet for every game of gin that was played.

Butch and his wife were kind, generous people and a class act. No one went hungry. Money or not. RIP
Mr.Entertainment
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:52:30 AM
well i think cookhouses all have thier geographical areas both back in the day, as well as today... in central NY you have Santillos.. who have been around since.. uh.. i bust um and tell him since 1834.. but i think its more like 1934[:D] around Buffalo theres good old bobby lawrence (who claims to be the next suasage king on the east coast).. and then the best food i have eaten in a while from a grag out there lately was from Penelies (not sure i spelled that right) but they put out a great product and the joint ALWAYS look its best! IMAGE IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! especially in this business!
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 3:58:39 AM
Wally, I do remember that cook house. I also remember Lenard Guest with the same set up on the Collins show. Everyday a choice of meals was available to us. Great food at a great price. There was coffee all night on teardown and when you got to the next lot they were up and open. Those were great days.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:33:01 AM
saucier, rossittos, santillo's, how about the cuffs,there's been alot of cook shacks over the years, and know matter what everybody loves a new opperation then as soon as one b****es they all b****, even now they all still eat there,,,
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
captflash
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:24:16 PM
s__t you mean the workhouse.....my mentor was jimmy gazella...he chain me to the front end....(i still remember jimmy workin the ding box)
but learn the "pie cart" around big john stong on the west coast and melvin and bk silverlake on fisher bros
it wasn't until johnny ristick's mother... ruby, shucked her finger at me and said .....go sell hot dogs and hamburgers and you'll make alot of money, that was on the "midway of mirth" ........well she was right ...and anybody that knows flash ...knows his daughter named ruby....out of respect
......cookhouses....truley a personality bussines....well let's see...
since i was the last one they let in the business....and gazella gave me my apprenship...marvin wells had and still has a first class act
but we all know .....the "site down grab" is where the money is the front end sit down grab....you know first in on the right with the seating.. ok ok ok
ace mathews and his lovely bride betty....peewee and again not to take anything away from these guys ....their true love was the sit down grab...nice back end for show folks ....coffee.. most important thing next to being clean ....and being opened ....and the show you was around had a lot to do with it ....(being able to hit it and git it)
all those good operators were still out there .....i was with the Drew family for 11 years ....what a pleasure to serve those folks
Myers Fred Kissel Lou Weaver...the 20 to 25 ride show and finally with John AND Sheila Stein for 5 years
cookhouse was the backbone of any show... the army moved on its stomach...(can't forget the popper)...but that's another story) where was the measure of life .....be around the big show (god bless ya kosa)
it still debut the issue in my head... line operation or grab.
well there was ace mathews....peewee jimmy coffield the cauifields
over on dell and travers
while where on a roll.....what about the giant's camp(gone..but will never be forgotten... park the trucks and take everybody to the "camp".... i got the burger and the fries and the bar
andy and chuckie ( i told my wife, let's buy the bar...shes saving pa one tree and one creeck at a time)
guys like John Curtis John McCarthy....livin in gibtown
talkin, eaten, livin, smoke, lovin the business
rasin your family .....it was honor and a privilage to be a workin showmen
flash
lotman how i do [:)]
to have logged 32 years
unclewallyjr
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 5:25:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Wally, I do remember that cook house. I also remember Lenard Guest with the same set up on the Collins show. Everyday a choice of meals was available to us. Great food at a great price. There was coffee all night on teardown and when you got to the next lot they were up and open. Those were great days.

They were great days Flamo and I miss them. And you're right. There was always coffee on tear down and the first thing up and open at the next spot was the cookhouse. So many things revolved around it. Jamboree's , birthday parties, etc. were always held at the show cookhouse right after the show closed and good people like the Rossittos and other good operators were more than happy to sponsor a good portion of the festivities. It was their way of giving something back and in return most everyone patronized their establishment.

They were great days and I miss them.
JerryGillette
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:12:52 AM
Tish & George Saucier had the best cookhouse operation on the road...BAR NONE...They still have one of the best food operations in the business today...
NICEST SHOW IN THE NORTHEAST...

If you want the weather to change...Wait 5 minutes...
If you want my opinion to change...You can go F*CK yourself...
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:22:44 AM
Mr.Entertainment
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:36:30 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JerryGillette

Tish & George Saucier had the best cookhouse operation on the road...BAR NONE...They still have one of the best food operations in the business today...

hey jerry.... now is it okay to use the cell phone while your loading the ride.. NO! but lets say your standing there and.. NO! okay, how about if the ride is on auto pilot and.. NO! but now what if.. NO! i wonder what neeeeeewwwww and not so relevant questions are going to be asked .. and yet the inspectors cant answer this year.. [:D] heck when all elsr fails.. just aske if you can use a cell phone while operating the ride... or standing.. or sitting.. or .... [:D][:D][:D][:D]
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:35:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by captflash

s__t you mean the workhouse.....my mentor was jimmy gazella...he chain me to the front end....(i still remember jimmy workin the ding box)
but learn the "pie cart" around big john stong on the west coast and melvin and bk silverlake on fisher bros
it wasn't until johnny ristick's mother... ruby, shucked her finger at me and said .....go sell hot dogs and hamburgers and you'll make alot of money, that was on the "midway of mirth" ........well she was right ...and anybody that knows flash ...knows his daughter named ruby....out of respect
......cookhouses....truley a personality bussines....well let's see...
since i was the last one they let in the business....and gazella gave me my apprenship...marvin wells had and still has a first class act
but we all know .....the "site down grab" is where the money is the front end sit down grab....you know first in on the right with the seating.. ok ok ok
ace mathews and his lovely bride betty....peewee and again not to take anything away from these guys ....their true love was the sit down grab...nice back end for show folks ....coffee.. most important thing next to being clean ....and being opened ....and the show you was around had a lot to do with it ....(being able to hit it and git it)
all those good operators were still out there .....i was with the Drew family for 11 years ....what a pleasure to serve those folks
Myers Fred Kissel Lou Weaver...the 20 to 25 ride show and finally with John AND Sheila Stein for 5 years
cookhouse was the backbone of any show... the army moved on its stomach...(can't forget the popper)...but that's another story) where was the measure of life .....be around the big show (god bless ya kosa)
it still debut the issue in my head... line operation or grab.
well there was ace mathews....peewee jimmy coffield the cauifields
over on dell and travers
while where on a roll.....what about the giant's camp(gone..but will never be forgotten... park the trucks and take everybody to the "camp".... i got the burger and the fries and the bar
andy and chuckie ( i told my wife, let's buy the bar...shes saving pa one tree and one creeck at a time)
guys like John Curtis John McCarthy....livin in gibtown
talkin, eaten, livin, smoke, lovin the business
rasin your family .....it was honor and a privilage to be a workin showmen
flash
lotman how i do [:)]
to have logged 32 years

bout time you started jumping in.....once you start, you can't stop[:D][:D]
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com