back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, January 2, 2010 6:32:59 PM
Ok, while I am a professed ridejock girl enough of the What ride went down the road and I saw this ride is it still around... Let's talk cookhouse! We all need a good cookhouse on the road... Some good and some left alot to be desired, Let's here what you have to say I am sure the "Foodies" here will like to here this one.
1.st pick... Peewee's cookhouse.. they had a mean cookhouse,made the best breakfast (scrambled egg bacon and potatoes on a sandwich. and no one had it better when it came to there biscuts and gravy..
2. Dick Swane... while he had a mean breakfast that didn;t taste like the night before's grease, I didn;t do much with his dinners.
3. "The Boys" I mean the chicken boys and the beef boys... while they gave a good carny discount they were a little high in price but could make a mean beef sandwich fill ya up kind...
Now let's here what you all have to say about cook houses..[8D]
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Bowler Roller
Saturday, January 2, 2010 7:40:54 PM
Marvin Wells had a nice cook house, and I really appreciated a hot breakfast in the morning.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:18:15 PM
i'm with bowler roller, they wells one is always nice, is it still out??

Cox's isn't bad either
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
FartingCarni
Saturday, January 2, 2010 10:51:38 PM
Think it was Gary Crabtree's wife that would cook for us out of her grab joint. My memory is a little shakey, but that was usually the only hot breakfast we could get on the midway and at a very reasonable price. Otherwise it was grillin out back with they boys after hours. And OMG working for Prevost, worked with a guy and his family that made some BBQ to kill for. Problem was the boys trying to kick me out the bunkhouse after eating that. At least it was toasty warm in the bunk that night. Might of flattened that mall we were working if some one had lit a cigarette in the bunkhouse. [:D]
detroit121
Sunday, January 3, 2010 1:31:26 AM
jimmy gazella always did a pretty good dinner and breakfast for the show!!!,,he was with crown amus for a long time and did alot of other things too!!!RIP jimmy!!!!
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
bigjlh
Sunday, January 3, 2010 2:58:52 AM
years ago on fla winter spots with mbgs gracie swain rusty g and his grab joint pie car on ras they were all good if you were hungry thnx bigjlh
JustJeff
Sunday, January 3, 2010 3:03:37 AM
I really have nothing to add ,as it has been so long for me,but I feel I must say---Good Topic Bran!!!------jeff
babyhughie
Sunday, January 3, 2010 3:06:51 AM
Well's gets my vote!Food was always good and a good price.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 3, 2010 3:56:28 AM
Has anyone seen the photos of Ringling's Cook house back when they were working under canvas? Unbelievable!
alibiguyny
Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:36:02 AM
eats and seats nick and flash the grease brothers or nick and debbie sandolce......
i dont smell em i just tell em......
detroit121
Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:44:44 AM
my old ladies dad use to eat there and they had real chefs and the best food you could eat!!!! sonny and cher use to sit in there and play cards and eat all the time.he told me that the circus cred alot about how there cookhouse was operated and it was a major thing setting it up!!!steaks,lobster all that stuff!!!!he was in the guiness book for breathing fire and was a major sideshow attraction back then!!!the stories he tells are nuts!!!i think the circus was better back then also along with the carnival business!!!!

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Has anyone seen the photos of Ringling's Cook house back when they were working under canvas? Unbelievable!

babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:46:08 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

eats and seats nick and flash the grease brothers or nick and debbie sandolce......

Agree about that!
Always a good time at flashes, and good food!

Always a great place to cut up jackpots in the morning!

Bring your own cup!
sloughed
Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:51:37 AM
Wells was like CVS "First Class" They get my vote.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 3, 2010 6:26:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

jimmy gazella always did a pretty good dinner and breakfast for the show!!!,,he was with crown amus for a long time and did alot of other things too!!!RIP jimmy!!!!

I agree with you, plus, Bill Morgan had a great breakfast, but Wells cookhouse was great for everything.
stevo4
Sunday, January 3, 2010 7:47:17 AM
Although not exactly following the subject heading but if you ever find yourself in Northern California between Eureka and San Francisco is a small town called Arcata. Here you will find an amazing cookhouse that is still open to the public. It was for the logging industry back in the day. Great meat n potatoes place. Huge servings, family style.

http://www.samoacookhouse.net/