Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, December 21, 2009 7:55:23 PM
video of the new chance ride that is supposed to put them back on the map (cough cough). It was supposed to be at Iaapa, but was not ready.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#Chance 
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
DanTheBooker
Monday, December 21, 2009 8:16:34 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

video of the new chance ride that is supposed to put them back on the map (cough cough). It was supposed to be at Iaapa, but was not ready.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#Chance 

Will this ride be available as a portable?
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, December 21, 2009 8:18:35 PM
yes, eventally
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
circusguy
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:35:38 AM
Just another version of the Allan Hershell Looper.
Benjibear
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:08:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

Just another version of the Allan Hershell Looper.

That was what I was thinking. Looper or Rok'N'Rol. It looks like there is a lever to control the spinning. I am not sure if the Looper had that. I don't think it will do too well.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
dccradio
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:04:16 AM
I actually like the looks of this ride. Yes it is similar to the rides mentioned above....but is a modernized version. I would want to see the ride in person first....but judging by the video it looks like something I would pay to ride.
Mark H
JustinJames
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:40:53 AM
Interesting... now let's see if anyone buys it and make money with it.
cny_chris
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:54:34 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Question is, after Chaos, Inverter, and Sling Shot, who's gonna take a chance with Chance....?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Fabbri_Guy
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:18:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Question is, after Chaos, Inverter, and Sling Shot, who's gonna take a chance with Chance....?

Gotta take a chance right?! lol
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:28:29 AM
Looks interesting. I know they have been working with parks more than anything else in the last few years, so I would guess that's the first place this ride would end up.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Matt C.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:36:02 AM
From our discussions with Chance at IAAPA, it didnt sound as if they had immediate plans to make a portable version available unless it was special ordered.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
bigjlh
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:37:44 AM
that piece with a flying coaster style movement might work a little more tubs spinning after and before and while on incline just a thought alot stuff out there now is based on the old mack calypso imo just a thought thnx bigjlh
Jackpotter
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:31:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigjlh

that piece with a flying coaster style movement might work a little more tubs spinning after and before and while on incline just a thought alot stuff out there now is based on the old mack calypso imo just a thought thnx bigjlh

I think that is a great idea! A flipping Flying Coaster type ride would be a unique twist on a classic piece. Sort of a hybrid between the Rock N Roll and Flying Coaster...or in modern pieces The Catch'n Air and The Uni-Coaster.

My first thought on the Uni-Coaster is that it looks fairly "boring". But if you added the hill and the inversions off that hill it could be pretty fun!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:48:13 AM
First Impressions:

The lighting is not up to euro standards of design. Must be the same designer as the Thunderbolt.

The lighting package might appeal to grandmothers.

The tubs need Euro detailing.

No theme at the moment. Can use a wall.

Capacity is light.
UserPostedImage
Jackpotter
Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:50:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

First Impressions:

The lighting is not up to euro standards of design. Must be the same designer as the Thunderbolt.

The lighting package might appeal to grandmothers.

The tubs need Euro detailing.

No theme at the moment. Can use a wall.

Capacity is light.

All very valid points, IMO.