skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, November 23, 2009 6:46:34 PM
I just saw a video of it for the first time, WOW! [:0] Makes a Freak Out look like a kiddie ride. LOL Question is, how many trailers is that thing? Hmm.... I bet that thing would be a hit at most fairs over here in the states without a doubt. It'd probably put the Freak Out outa business...or not, those that are afraid of heights (pick the Freak Out to ride & not the XXL), 'cuz that XXL goes up there! I would definately ride it! It looks fun, but i have a question. How much can the human body take, before passing out? If that thing went all the way over the top & coming back down to the bottom, it'd probably affect most folks' blood flow & give 'em whiplash or something from the G-Force![:0]

As i said about J & J's Fire Ball, 4 min. straight it seemed like. After i got off of it, my wrists were shaking un-controllably. So, i'm glad Wade Shows operates theirs for only a minute or two. As i said, the human body can only take so much...mine included. It's an awesome ride on a KMG Afterburner, but i like to take breaks from riding it, then ride it again later. Others have G-force too, Sizzler, Sky Diver, Hurricane, etc... But, there's something about those KMG rides that Really pack the G-force! Back to topic, do you think shows in the states or any parks will be getting the new KMG XXL? Would be awesome to see this ride at a major state fair....towering over the current Freak Outs out there. I'd bet on a busy fair weekend, the wait for the XXL ( the line ) would be 2 hours long, on a VERY packed Fair night. Kind of like the last weekend at the NC State Fair for instance.

Put this thing ( KMG XXL ) at the NC State Fair, & see how much money it makes. ha ha It would pay for itself in NO time flat! I enjoy the Freak Out, but wow, that XXL takes the cake!

~Ben
Thrillseeker
Monday, November 23, 2009 7:03:04 PM
I very much doubt it, Ben.

Knowing that I would like that from the Afterburners and Freak Outs, look at the size of XXL. Look at how tall it is. The space it would take up, yeech. I bet even the quickest cycle still seems long. With a long cycle, as you said, there would be a lot of protein spills.
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 23, 2009 9:31:58 PM
I usually say never say never, but in this case, a traveling show or even an independent, never. A park, maybe, but I kinda doubt even that.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Erik9976
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:18:38 AM
I thought Fabbri made the Afterburner considering its on their website.
Thrillseeker
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:39:39 AM
http://www.fabbrigroup.com/ 
(That is, unless I missed somewhere).

KMG is the one who made the Afterburner.
http://www.kmg.nl/ 

A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
cny_chris
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:19:30 AM
Not sure that the XXL is road-legal here. Not to mention the price tag for a ride that only has a 20 person capacity likely does not make it a profitable venture to move one here.

The KMG Afterburner is basically the Fireball. Fabbri has/had a version of this type of ride that was also called Afterburner. It required a crane, with counterweights on the base of the A-frame legs. Only one came to the US, and was with All Star (Blomsness/Thebault) for a couple seasons. What I remember about the piece was that the seats were HUGE, and much more accomodating for the larger folks. The ride was sold to Mexico, as I recall.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:44:21 AM
And why spend the money when you can get a traditional Afterburner or even a Freak Out, or a Streetfighter for much less.

The Fabbri ride was an impressive piece, to say the least. Looked great.

The Fabbri Afterburner that All-Star owned:

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d729b3127ccec24569ecd4e700000010O00AasWTRs0ctWIPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Polypfreak1987
Saturday, December 5, 2009 8:37:02 PM
Sorry to bump this topic. But the XXL of KMG have 3 trailers. 2 for the arms and seats en one for the pendelum. It's an awesome ride and very huge.

Here a couple of pictures I took in Düsseldorf (Germany).

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I have also a movie of the XXL (the first minutes are the Big Monster):

I have also another movie on my PC, but I need to upload it.
FunFairZone , Reports from Europe
Fairs done in 2005: 21
Fairs done in 2006: 35
Fairs done in 2007: 41
Fairs done in 2008: 18
Fairs done in 2009: 10
Next: Rijnsburg, Abcoude, Voorhout.
nitelife222
Saturday, December 5, 2009 10:24:07 PM
That thing is wicked! I was out there when the show i was with first got an Afterburner. It is a big enough ride for the states.

Trey
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 6, 2009 6:48:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Thrillseeker

http://www.fabbrigroup.com/ 
(That is, unless I missed somewhere).

KMG is the one who made the Afterburner.
http://www.kmg.nl/ 

Fabbri calls their ride "Space Jam".
http://www.fabbrigroup.c...dex=fabbrigroup&pp=2 

After Burner was the theme All Star chose for their ride.

"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 6, 2009 7:42:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Not sure that the XXL is road-legal here. Not to mention the price tag for a ride that only has a 20 person capacity likely does not make it a profitable venture to move one here.

The KMG Afterburner is basically the Fireball. Fabbri has/had a version of this type of ride that was also called Afterburner. It required a crane, with counterweights on the base of the A-frame legs. Only one came to the US, and was with All Star (Blomsness/Thebault) for a couple seasons. What I remember about the piece was that the seats were HUGE, and much more accomodating for the larger folks. The ride was sold to Mexico, as I recall.

Sorry to hear the Fabbri After Burner went to Mexico [:(]. I often wondered where the ride went.

Even though the only time I rode the ride was when it was at the Florida State Fair, I liked it...a lot. I remember I wasn't even going to attempt riding it for fear of being "too fat to fit", but the MCW gang that was there at the time waiting to board the ride convinced me that I would definitely be able to "fit". After riding it a few times that night, when I returned the following night, I even bought tickets and rode it a few more times.

In addition to the weights, I seem to recall it also had some type of big cable on the ground attached between the towers.
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, December 6, 2009 9:08:48 AM
The November issue of Kirmes & Park Revue had KMG's production/delivery schedule.

While there aren't any "XXL"'s scheduled for delivery in the USA, There are two "XXL"'s scheduled to be delivered elsewhere in 2010.

In March 2010, an "XXL" will be completed for Hans-Peter Maier of Switzerland. It will be themed, "Monster" and will have LED lighting, additional decoration, and sound equipment from Hoffman.

In May, an "XXL" is scheduled to be delivered to Jacky Dotremont of Belgium. It will be themed, "XXL" The theming design is to be done by Courtois Decorations. The ride will debut at the Sinksenfoor in Antwerp.

In late November, a Inversion themed, "Mega Extrem" was to be completed for Moises Valente, a Spanish Showman.

PBJ Happee Days Shows' Inversion is to be completed in time to be shown at the IISA trade show in Feb. It is being themed, "Nemesis 360" and will have a complete LED package and a special hydraulic system for easy build up and dismantling.

In January, a "Speed" will be delivered to a customer in France.

In June, another Inversion is scheduled for delivery to an undisclosed European customer.

A preliminary schedule has been set for a new "mega project" for Tony Kroon. Themed, "Mission Space", the attraction will be 80 meters high, on three trailers. Testing is scheduled to begin in Sept. 2010, and if all goes according to plan, it will go on tour Spring 2011.

Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 6, 2009 3:44:32 PM
What, no KMG Inversions scheduled yet for other US customers?