Erik9976
  •  Erik9976
  • 66.06% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:39:58 PM
I was curious what all the differences are between the most common towers on the road these days? ARM Super Shot, Chance Sling Shot, and Fabbri Mega Drop?
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:03:27 PM
fabbris make $$$$ the others are awesome light towers.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
BSA Mike
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:20:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

Are you getting a piece of that tower also??
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:32:03 PM
working on it, LOL. The arm's don't do anything in the midwest, people ride them once. The fabbri has the height and seems to get repeat riders

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Quote:

quote:

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Matt C.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:00:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

working on it, LOL. The arm's don't do anything in the midwest, people ride them once. The fabbri has the height and seems to get repeat riders

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Quote:

quote:

I'll cut ya in Ryan [;)][;)][;)]

Briggs show could use a little height [;)] [:)]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
SideWinder
Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:08:33 AM
Quote:

quote:

fabbris make $$$$ the others are awesome light towers.LMAO

This dude obviosly didn't see how BUSY the VERTIGO was since we took delivery of it mid season for our show....
Matt C.
Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:11:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by SideWinder

Quote:

quote:

This dude obviosly didn't see how BUSY the VERTIGO was since we took delivery of it mid season for our show....

Yeah but, your Vertigo isnt a drop tower, is it? I know the swings make money, but the smaller drops are a different story.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Jackpotter
Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:15:56 AM
Just from standing and watching, I don't see a lot of drop towers get repeat riders period, no matter who makes it.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:20:39 AM
Our drop did great when we got it. Over time the novelty seems to be wearing off.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
SideWinder
Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:42:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Yeah but, your Vertigo isnt a drop tower, is it? I know the swings make money, but the smaller drops are a different story.

My Bad, sorry, maybe if I read thoroughly next time ....LOL For some reason I was thinking swing tower not drop tower....lol
Erik9976
  •  Erik9976
  • 66.06% (Friendly)
Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:43:18 AM
I was curious bout the difference in the launch and drop mechanics of the rides.
Thrillseeker
Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:26:33 PM
Sling Shot is the only one (out of the 3) that lauches you up rapidly. However, it lacks the downward speed.

Super Shot doesn't stall you up at the top, unlike the other ones. Also, I believe that Super Shot takes longer going up. I think Super Shot might be the shortest of the three? (I might be wrong.)

Mega Drop is the one with the downward speed. I think Mega Drop might be the tallest of the three (again, I might be wrong, but then this is from perspective. These rides I rode less than 10 times this season).
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:28:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

My Bad, sorry, maybe if I read thoroughly next time ....LOL For some reason I was thinking swing tower not drop tower....lol

Im happy to see I'm not the only one that has this problem.....lol [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Erik9976
  •  Erik9976
  • 66.06% (Friendly)
Thursday, December 3, 2009 3:07:29 PM
Thanx for the info Thrillseeker.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:02:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Thrillseeker

Sling Shot is the only one (out of the 3) that lauches you up rapidly. However, it lacks the downward speed.

Super Shot doesn't stall you up at the top, unlike the other ones. Also, I believe that Super Shot takes longer going up. I think Super Shot might be the shortest of the three? (I might be wrong.)

Mega Drop is the one with the downward speed. I think Mega Drop might be the tallest of the three (again, I might be wrong, but then this is from perspective. These rides I rode less than 10 times this season).

You are correct.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain