2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:44:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

I believe Sue gave us an intelligent report, the way it should be.

Pinetar Are there rules written on what type of report you will accept? Or do all the contributors just hope that the fiber you are taking has kicked in and you aren't so "backed up"

Also your rules seem to change from contributor to contributor. Is this because of something personal you have with that person or are you just starting to be more forgetful on what you really want?

Just wondering.

He just hates me....
squirrel
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:49:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Predatorocks

^When Great America gets a mouse roller coaster for $7.5 million, I think those prices a steal. A used "newer" Zipper is like $90,000, and that's on the lower end of carnival prices.

The Little Dipper didn't look like a rundown coaster imo, and it's much bigger than a Wisdom Dragon coaster. Now, the carousel to me needs some work (the horses don't all look that great), and the Polyp the lights are messed up probably because they put too many lights on that ride.

Those bumper cars are just so hard hitting I can't believe another amusement park didn't get them for being that cheap. I can't remember them being broke at all either. The Tilt-A-Whirl needed a new sign imo, and a paintjob. Ferris Wheel and Scrambler look perfect, but for the Galleon why did they ever take the Pirate head off of it. The lights aren't that good either on that ride going up the supports (those lights).

Does anyone know who bought the Polyp, Ferris Wheel, Dip N Drop (Moser Spring ride)?

The Polyp to me is the best ride at that park. However, the problems are the lights, and it seems like every year it needs a new part, and it's broke. The maintenance on that ride is too much, and that's why it went for so little.

Someone said that Six Flags also bought the antique cars? Is this true??

I just can't read your posts anymore. You are so clueless about what makes a ride worth purchasing that it's pathetic. Your 'opinions' that you try to state as 'fact' are prime proof. Every time you post, it makes me think of nails on the chalkboard... LOTS OF THEM...
Matt C.
  •  Matt C.
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:53:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie
Where the hell was the official MCW rep, in the hometown no less......

Get'em [}:)]

LOL ... I originally planned on going, but being a week before IAFE - I had a lot of project deadlines to meet and really needed to finish some things up around here.

I really didnt expect many carnival guys to attend being that most of the stuff there is old, ground mounted stuff. Boy was I wrong LOL.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:56:11 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

LOL ... I originally planned on going, but being a week before IAFE - I had a lot of project deadlines to meet and really needed to finish some things up around here.

I really didnt expect many carnival guys to attend being that most of the stuff there is old, ground mounted stuff. Boy was I wrong LOL.

I'm calling BS on the "I had deadlines", he heard I skipped breakfast & lunch waiting on him to buy so he screwed the deal....[;)]
Matt C.
  •  Matt C.
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:06:51 AM
Quote:

quote:

I'm calling BS on the "I had deadlines", he heard I skipped breakfast & lunch waiting on him to buy so he screwed the deal....[;)]

You got me there.. lol.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:13:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

You got me there.. lol.

I will let you take me to Ed Debevicks when I come back up to get my stuff out of the park....[8D][8D][8D]
Soda Guy
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:17:36 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Maybe Matt was thinking of your health. didn't want you loading up at a "free" meal [:D] [:D] [:D]
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:22:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Maybe Matt was thinking of your health. didn't want you loading up at a "free" meal [:D] [:D] [:D]

Whats wrong with Nicky getting a good meal now and again....lol [:D][:D][:D][:D]
cny_chris
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:19:49 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

I would say they were a bargin, as that equipment was in excellent condition. The bargins were in the tool dept.

PTC kiddie coaster at 32K?

Midgo racer 9,5K?

Sky Fighter 12k?

Whip 12K

Those prices are high to me

I'll echo what circusguy is saying about the condition of the rides. From the photos, they appear to have been well maintained. Try to buy the same rides in that condition for a lower price -- I'd bet they need paint, some parts, and may not be nearly as well taken care of. Not to mention, you can't buy any of those pieces new nowadays...
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:24:18 AM
I don't recall pics but the Polyp could have been interesting.
UserPostedImage
Benjibear
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:51:43 PM
From the pictures it appears most rides can be put right back into service.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:45:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Other than the Coaster I would agree with you, everything was defnitely ready to go at its new home. Maybe I'm wrong about the coaster but it didn't seem like it would make the jump well....
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:38:38 PM
http://www.carouselnews....&id=464&Itemid=1  Anyone know who ended up with it? Did it stay in Chicago? What a great bargain, incredibly.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:27:41 PM
The German carousel was nice, a classic from the 60's. The Polyp had a floor also.
UserPostedImage
Rockowheel
Thursday, November 26, 2009 3:03:18 AM
It is interesting that another coaster that was in the area at one time, a mirror image of the kiddieland ride was moved years ago from Kiddytown at Harlem & Irving in Chicago, to the Hillcrest private picnic grove in Lemont. A few years ago when Hillcrest closed, that coaster was bought by Little Amerikka funpark in Madison, Wis., and moved to their park. It reopened there as the "Meteor" and is totally refurbished and operating again. It will be great to see the Kiddieland Little Dipper operate one day again.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Other than the Coaster I would agree with you, everything was defnitely ready to go at its new home. Maybe I'm wrong about the coaster but it didn't seem like it would make the jump well....