Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:12:36 PM
Here are some pictures of the Otterbacher Shows Toon Town project. The piece was purchased from Bluegrass Shows and rebuilt before the start of the 2009 season. The project pictures were given to me by MCW Member kizarney. I added some pics of the completed piece from this year.

Otterbacher Shows Toon Town Project 
CONKO316
Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:43:44 PM
That is a beautiful refurb job right there.

Thanks for sharing. Also thanks to Kizarney for taking the pics[8D]
UserPostedImage

Justin
Benjibear
Sunday, November 22, 2009 5:27:20 AM
Looks good.

Just out of curiosity, is it legal to use licenced characters? Has anyone ever been busted for things like this?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 22, 2009 7:50:42 AM
Attractive peice. Who did the Artwork?
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:07:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Looks good.

Just out of curiosity, is it legal to use licenced characters? Has anyone ever been busted for things like this?

Dreamland has unlicensed Yankee Players on their Crazy Bus.
rockin ron
Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:50:57 AM
They do a good job on all their stuff I have seen.I used to move the High Flyer they bought from Davidson Amusement Devices and they did a great job getting the new sign rewired and lit up.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:36:36 AM
The condition b 4 the refurb makes me think that it sat unused outside for awhile. Definitely a nice redid.
UserPostedImage
DanTheBooker
Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:07:30 AM
I saw this piece in 2008 in Superior, WI. It was eating up tickets there when I saw it.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:39:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DanTheBooker

I saw this piece in 2008 in Superior, WI. It was eating up tickets there when I saw it.

End peice, most always a winner.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Matt C.
Sunday, November 22, 2009 2:02:49 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Looks good.

Looks very good! They did a nice job with the refurb.

Benji, to answer your question - yes. Windy City was busted back in the early 90s for some Disney characters painted on their kiddie frolic. The Wizard did the paint job. If I remember correctly, Windy City got a letter from Disney asking them to remove the artwork and they did.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, November 23, 2009 6:44:07 PM
looks great. Pinetar, the old pics of the rides they had started sanding the artwork down.

Ron, I know they bought a few bluegrass peices, did they keep most of them???
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Skywheelrider
Monday, November 23, 2009 9:37:50 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

The condition b 4 the refurb makes me think that it sat unused outside for awhile. Definitely a nice redid.

Looks like they had already started prepping it for new scenery. I saw the piece in Montgomery in October 2008 and it looked okay, not like these photos. Did need some work, though.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
mcarnyforlife
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:40:03 AM
butler has one with a monitor on the inside the kids can watch and dance to the music on the movie.It has a camera on the inside that picks up the kids images and overlays them on the monitor on the outside so it looks like the kids are actually in the movie, parents love it
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND