britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 26, 2009 7:03:53 AM
check out the picture sections about the state fair on the homepage, www.wral.com  there are some good shots in there. check out #28 under your fair photos. lots of light. # may change as people post their pics.
cny_chris
Monday, October 26, 2009 7:18:18 AM
From the comments:

Quote:

quote:

I think they are fudging the numbers with this. I have been twice (friday & sunday). Neither day was crowded. I must say that I hope that NC will get away from using this current company. The number of different rides seem to have diminishsed greatly in last few years. My child was dissatisified with the rides as well. I grew up with Straits providing midway attractions, and since NC has been trying other companies, the best they have had so far was Reithoffer Amusements. Hands down they provided the most rides, and sub-contracted to better amusement companies for other areas of the fair. The number of rides that they provide are far more than Wade shows. Reithoffer you could tell that thier rides were well taken care of and clean. If NC continues to use Wade shows, I am not sure that I will return.
common_sense_plz
GOLO member since January 19, 2008
October 26, 2009 10:45 a.m.

Ouch![:0]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
2ndgencarnie
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:45:14 AM
Attendance doesn't matter...how was the cash flow....

I just wanted to beat Piney to the punch...[;)][;)][;)][;)]
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:52:48 AM
your right you can have all the people in the world but if they dont spend your screwed
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:53:34 AM
I was thinking more like, how many linear feet of real neon was present.

UserPostedImage
SideWinder
Monday, October 26, 2009 9:23:06 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

From the comments:

Quote:

quote:

I think they are fudging the numbers with this. I have been twice (friday & sunday). Neither day was crowded. I must say that I hope that NC will get away from using this current company. The number of different rides seem to have diminishsed greatly in last few years. My child was dissatisified with the rides as well. I grew up with Straits providing midway attractions, and since NC has been trying other companies, the best they have had so far was Reithoffer Amusements(When did they change their name?). Hands down they provided the most rides(Really?? As I recall 110-115 rides has been the norm for the past 3-4 years setting ride total records), and sub-contracted to better amusement companies for other areas of the fair. The number of rides that they provide are far more than Wade shows. Reithoffer you could tell that thier rides were well taken care of and clean (LMFAO). If NC continues to use Wade shows, I am not sure that I will return.(if your that unhappy then don't return....)
common_sense_plz
GOLO member since January 19, 2008
October 26, 2009 10:45 a.m.

Ouch![:0]

Who is this IDIOT???? Perhaps he needs to get his facts right b-4 posting this kind of crap.... It's not up to NC who uses what show after the contract has been handed out. PGAM has the contract and has the say so as to who books in. Funny what his nickname is and he doesnt have any: "common_sense_plz"
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 26, 2009 9:40:04 AM
If the numbers are fudged, who cares. Did people make money? That's what is important. All those comments had me laughing. Made my day. Now I don't have to read the funnies in the newspaper.
Tornado
Monday, October 26, 2009 12:03:01 PM
They did say “The number of different rides seem to have diminishsed greatly in last few years”. So I take this to mean the number of unique rides is less and that there are more duplicated rides. Not that the total number of rides is less. With a 110 – 114 rides it’s very difficult not to have duplicates…
Also, didn’t they add an additional day this year? If so it made it much easier to break the attendance record. Subtract the additional day’s attendance from the total attendance and see what that number is.
Either ways sounds like a good year and a good turn out….
SideWinder
Monday, October 26, 2009 12:14:34 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tornado

They did say “The number of different rides seem to have diminishsed greatly in last few years”. So I take this to mean the number of unique rides is less and that there are more duplicated rides. Not that the total number of rides is less. With a 110 – 114 rides it’s very difficult not to have duplicates…
Also, didn’t they add an additional day this year? If so it made it much easier to break the attendance record. Subtract the additional day’s attendance from the total attendance and see what that number is.
Either ways sounds like a good year and a good turn out….

This is the second year of an 11 day run.... Opens at 3 pm on the 1st day for an all day wristband....
Tornado
Monday, October 26, 2009 3:35:10 PM
Thanks. I remember reading about the additional day didn't realize I must have read it a year ago:-)
skydiver77
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:23:33 PM
Strates Shows is my favorite ever carnival, but i will admit, that Powers and Wade put on a damn good show / midway! I REALLY miss seeing Wade's Rainbow. That would've made the midway complete! I did see some classics out there this year, the Chance Rok n Rol, the Cobra, and that classic Roller Ghoster / Lost Mine.

~Ben
Skywheelrider
Monday, October 26, 2009 8:33:53 PM
110-114 rides, and with other state fairs/major fairs running at the same time (most notably Texas), it's hard not to have some duplicates. Most folks that go to the NC State Fair don't care, they just want to see rides. From what I saw when I played it, it's all about the rides (how many, which ones have passed inspection, any new and unique pieces, etc.) and the food there.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:55:57 PM
NCSF, best one on the east coast. Always money there.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Matt C.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:04:09 PM
Between all four shows, how much different equipment can you expect?

Below is a list (off of the top of my head) of rides considered unique among Reithoffer, Wade, Powers, and Strates (i.e. rides nobody else has including themselves):

1. RC 48 Coaster (Wade)
2. Crazy Mouse (Reithoffer)
3. Huss Tornado (Reithoffer)
4. White Water (Wade)
5. Fighter (Wade)
6. Power Surge (Reithoffer)
7. Tango (Reithoffer)
8. Flitzer (Reithoffer)
9. Top Spin (Strates)
10. Double MGR (Strates)
11. Mind Blaster (Powers)
12. Vortex (Powers)
13. Crazy Copter (Powers)
14. Rainbow (Wade)

Feel free to add on if you can think of anything else...

I usually dont read the newspaper comments because the people that comment are usually pretty ignorant lol...
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com