FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:54:17 PM
With three more weeks of the real season remaining on Long Island for us, I just official started the model season for myself. Pulled a few old projects from May into the shop while the rest of the show plays a few NY Spots lol. Sizzler spent the the whole season on the road half painted and now she is back in the WQ with new signs, paint, and turnbuckles underway. We also have a few new additions for the 2010 season. Will post pics soon.
korny_carny
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:57:43 PM
Haha yeah that time is coming. I've got a few projects on the shelf, but obliging with show rules, i will not reveal those projects 😉.
CONKO316
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:57:48 PM
Look forward to seeing your stuff. It always looks great.
UserPostedImage

Justin
Matt C.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:53:53 PM
I have to get back into the shop as well... I have a Scrambler to finish [;)] [:)]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:14:41 AM
Well for our show, it was a "busy" season as well. Right now, The show is at a 3-week Fair spot(in the basement - LOL), Good money for some strange reason. LOL !! Got a few rides waiting in Winterquarters to be refurbished before they hit the road. Rides waiting are: Zipper, Pirate, Go Gator(redone as Dragon Wagon), and waiting on a delivery of a Ground model of a Cummons Eli Wheel kit.(just purchased) Also in the winterquarters is a 3-abreast Merry(IHC) waiting for paint work + center support re-work to be done for my girlfriends show. And........ about 8-10 game jionts waiting to be finished for another show out in the mid-west states. So - it looks like a busy Winter for myself.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, October 1, 2009 3:48:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

I have to get back into the shop as well... I have a Scrambler to finish [;)] [:)]

LOL. [8D] Can you say Paratrooper? [;)]
BSA Mike
Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:42:47 PM
Matt C.
Friday, October 2, 2009 12:15:57 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Horrible season no money for WQ!

I hear ya, but you better watch out... The folks on the kitchen table committee might be shopping! Word has it that Wollert Amusements is knocking on the f
door. [:p]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Friday, October 2, 2009 12:51:28 PM
I have some projects I want to work on this Winter (as always, LOL); I want to finish the Sky Diver I started last Winter; build a new Eli-Hy 5 wheel to replace the one I have (make it more sturdy); get an RAH Crazy Bus and get that going; build either a Street Fighter or Freak Out (maybe both?); take the base and backwall from the IHC Spider to Monster conversion I did three years ago, remove the Monster, and use the base/backwall for a Remix II; might build a new Mardi Gras glass house as well.

Add to that I may downsize and sell a few (just a few) models as well, have not decided 100% on that yet.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Friday, October 2, 2009 7:15:15 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Horrible season no money for WQ!

I hear ya, but you better watch out... The folks on the kitchen table committee might be shopping! Word has it that Wollert Amusements is knocking on the f
door. [:p]

Eh he can have it, ill go to the coffee table that week and make less but keep more!
HussFan923
Saturday, October 3, 2009 6:12:41 AM
I am bringing my models outta mothballs this winter I used to model until i purchased a house and spent my time working on it but now i have a huge basement all to my self that is dry unlike my parents basement. my models are as follows..
I model Reithoffer shows
dutch wheel
waveswinger not put together
rainbow
bayern kurve
carousel
bumper cars
thunderbolt
See Sturm Bahn
Tilt a whirl
Music Express
indiago modified to a sornani and moser flip n out
sizzler
orbitor
haunted house
tomahawk
lost mine
ring of fire
super cat
tornado
and several other rides

Tilt-A-Whirl27
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:30:42 AM
So with my show ever changing lol I'm down to a very few select rides. Most of which either need refurbishing or outright assembly lol.

So on deck currently is my IHC Tornado which I never finished due to not liking it's progress. Now however I've found the perfect theming for it after thinking of a "Defender" theme. I'm now looking for pics of the ride and trailers so I can add details and everything. Gonna check the modeler's group in a bit but if anyone has any pics not on there then it'd be much appreciated.

Also sitting on deck are:
Cyclone (Orbiter my bro started custom, just needs a doghouse finished)
IHC Merry-Go-Round (Paint job, trailer)
RAH Enterprise (Few repairs from shipping damage)
Faller Wheel (New sign)
RAH Convoy (Track, trailer, backwall)
Scooter (touch up paint job, my bro's custom job with Spider cars)
LTS Ticket Boxes (Still deciding on a colour, hoping to get them done by next weekend. Also a trailer for the boxes)
korny_carny
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:47:41 AM
Well my show is down to the final weekend of the season. Altho we have a halloween fest coming up later this month lol.

We just purchased 2 brand new transport rigs.
CONKO316
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:23:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tilt-A-Whirl27

I assume no responsibility, cash and carry, as is LOL

As for me, ater Ron released his pricing on his new kits, I have decided on a Century Wheel and Fireball to start. By next spring, I will likely have about 10 or more new rides. At the rate RAH is pumping them out, maybe more haha.
UserPostedImage

Justin
Tilt-A-Whirl27
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:33:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by CONKO316

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tilt-A-Whirl27

I assume no responsibility, cash and carry, as is LOL

As for me, ater Ron released his pricing on his new kits, I have decided on a Century Wheel and Fireball to start. By next spring, I will likely have about 10 or more new rides. At the rate RAH is pumping them out, maybe more haha.

I'm gonna sue you :P

Seriousy tho just a few tubs and a dog house I think is the repairs needed.

Found more work as well in the form of a RAH Scrambler, Kiddie Wheel (Wheel form a Skywheel) and concessions. This doesn't even include my layout work on top of it lol

Nice rigs Ben, got 3 of them