skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, October 3, 2009 7:57:03 PM
It had track similar to a Tilt-a-Whirl and would make each Fish car go up & down as it went around, what was the name of it? I rode it when i was 3 years old at the Lee County Fair in Sanford, NC in 1984. That show that night also had a Rock-o-Plane with a nice flourscent tube light show. Other rides i remember riding was a stock car Nascar-style kiddie ride. It had a Richard Petty car, Dale Earnhardt, Harry Gant's 33 car, & others. Each car had 2 steering wheels per rider. I remember the Sooper Jet kiddie coaster being there, and rode it also. I was only 3, but i remember riding those rides like it was last night. As for the Fish Kiddie Ride, does it still travel with certain shows now days? Each Fish had an expression on its face, and went up & down as the ride went around. Each Fish car looked exactly like that, a Fish...more along the lines of a GoldFish.

~Ben
CONKO316
Saturday, October 3, 2009 8:07:18 PM
Sea Sturm Bahn?

If so that's funny, Korny Karny and I were discussing it just yesterday. lol

Pretty sure Reithoffer had one.

Oh wait, at the end of the post you mention kiddie....lol I don't know how to help you Ben haha.
UserPostedImage

Justin
snowman
Saturday, October 3, 2009 8:43:12 PM
Sounds like an eyerly bulgy the whale to me i think at 3 yrs old that would be the ride
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
Saturday, October 3, 2009 10:31:56 PM
No, it wasn't the Sea Storm Bahn. Speaking of that ride, i've not seen that ride in a long long time now. The last time i saw it , or the very first one in person was down in Aberdeen, NC at a fair that Reithoffer Shows was setting up at. It was a smaller fair, not sure if it was an event or not. Snowman, you are EXACTLY right! That was the ride that i rode when i was 3. [8D] I guess at 3 years old, and probably 3 year olds now get a kick out of that ride. The up & down motion is similar to the Himalaya & Tilt-a-Whirl, minus the speed. Yes, that was it, the Eyerly Bulgy the Whale. I typed in that in images on Google and that's the ride. Thanks for solving the mystery after all of these years! I have photos of those rides that night, some my parents took of me riding them.

Now, as to what show that was, i'm clueless. They had a Rock-o-Plane, that Eyerly Bulgy the Whale, Sooper Jet, Nascar-like kiddie ride, and others were there, but i would have to see the pictures. I think they had some Hamptons out there that night too..could be wrong, but i think i remember seeing one or two Hampton kiddie rides.

~Ben
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 4, 2009 1:04:47 AM
That ride also at one time called the happy sailor too wasnt it?
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 4, 2009 4:03:40 AM
was this it?
http://www.fivecentride....e/detail.php?artID=10022 
This is Gambills, also Deggeller has one on the road that you may have ridden back then. Drew has one now too, painted really cute.
Geren's have one and a show in Wisconsin travels with one.
gary
  •  gary
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Monday, October 5, 2009 6:34:08 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

It had track similar to a Tilt-a-Whirl and would make each Fish car go up & down as it went around, what was the name of it? I rode it when i was 3 years old at the Lee County Fair in Sanford, NC in 1984. That show that night also had a Rock-o-Plane with a nice flourscent tube light show. Other rides i remember riding was a stock car Nascar-style kiddie ride. It had a Richard Petty car, Dale Earnhardt, Harry Gant's 33 car, & others. Each car had 2 steering wheels per rider. I remember the Sooper Jet kiddie coaster being there, and rode it also. I was only 3, but i remember riding those rides like it was last night. As for the Fish Kiddie Ride, does it still travel with certain shows now days? Each Fish had an expression on its face, and went up & down as the ride went around. Each Fish car looked exactly like that, a Fish...more along the lines of a GoldFish.

~Ben

It is Bulgy the Whale. I move one every week.
If you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
poorgary
Monday, October 5, 2009 7:10:13 AM
it was bulgy the whale L.D. wheeler played sanford in 1984 he had that kiddie ride that came from the old thomas joyland shows.
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
Monday, October 5, 2009 1:30:42 PM
Thanks poorgary, that certainly clears things up as to who / what show that was that night. I wonder if that very Bulgy the Whale ride it still traveling now days?, hmm... That ride would probably be an easy keep-up, compared to a major ride like the Zipper, Hurricane, & others. I remember it gave a nice ride going up & down on that track.

~Ben
CONKO316
Monday, October 5, 2009 1:33:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

Thanks poorgary, that certainly clears things up as to who / what show that was that night. I wonder if that very Bulgy the Whale ride it still traveling now days?, hmm... That ride would probably be an easy keep-up, compared to a major ride like the Zipper, Hurricane, & others. I remember it gave a nice ride going up & down on that track.

~Ben

LOL I can only imagine you at 3 years old riding on this with a relaxed facial expression going to yourself, "ahhhh this is a nice motion I'm experiencing"

[:p][:p][:p] lol

UserPostedImage

Justin
Skywheelrider
Monday, October 5, 2009 8:03:16 PM
Skerbeck still moves a Bulgy here in Michigan, I just saw it last Sunday in Canton. I always thought it was a neat kiddie ride. Pugh Shows had the nicest one I can recall, complete with a top and scenery panels. And if I am not mistaken Wade Shows has their old one back out again this season, last time I saw it was around 1999/2000.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain