CONKO316
  •  CONKO316
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, September 7, 2009 8:17:15 PM
http://www.rahmodels.com/new_page_1.htm 

Just browsing sites, and saw Ron has updated his site. 2 new rides for October, Sky Wheel and Century Wheel.

Both look good imo. Century whell is a nice piece, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I also read on the yahoo group about Ron "improving" some of his old kits, something about some new equipment hes using. I assume it is being used on these kits, as they look much cleaner.

Just thought I'd post it here for people who want a cent. wheel, and dont have 500 bucks LOL
UserPostedImage

Justin
kris0106
  •  kris0106
  • 53.7% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, September 7, 2009 8:38:19 PM
wow im buy Century Wheel when it come out
CONKO316
  •  CONKO316
  • 52% (Neutral)
Monday, September 7, 2009 8:50:07 PM
Ya it looks pretty good. A few things to add to it, like the wind braces, and the racks on the front of the trailer. Otherwise perfect for me.
UserPostedImage

Justin
korny_carny
Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:33:09 AM
I'm very glad someone realeased a Century Wheel, looking forward to tackling one.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, September 8, 2009 12:25:21 PM
That Sky Wheel looks great, I am definitely going to order one, it looks much more realistic than the IHC one's, that is on my list for this Winter!

And he has more kits in the works....

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
CONKO316
  •  CONKO316
  • 52% (Neutral)
Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:59:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

That Sky Wheel looks great, I am definitely going to order one, it looks much more realistic than the IHC one's, that is on my list for this Winter!

And he has more kits in the works....

with this wheel...my short list of rides i really would like are pharohs fury, wisdom himi, freakout, and a drop tower. Hopefully in time.[8D]
UserPostedImage

Justin
Tilt-A-Whirl27
Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:10:22 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by CONKO316

Ya it looks pretty good. A few things to add to it, like the wind braces, and the racks on the front of the trailer. Otherwise perfect for me.

Pfft wind bracing, just model it after Robertson's [:p]
Rockowheel
Wednesday, September 9, 2009 4:49:01 AM
skywheel88
Saturday, September 12, 2009 11:08:21 AM
Both rides look AMAZING! [:D][:D][:D] I want both!
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Saturday, September 12, 2009 1:36:35 PM
Justin and I were discussing the gondola wheel, and we have come to the belief that it looks more like a Mulligan one-trailer wheel. Whether or not that is the case, that's what it looks like to us. Still looks cool though!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
CONKO316
  •  CONKO316
  • 52% (Neutral)
Saturday, September 12, 2009 1:56:49 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Justin and I were discussing the gondola wheel, and we have come to the belief that it looks more like a Mulligan one-trailer wheel. Whether or not that is the case, that's what it looks like to us. Still looks cool though!

when i saw the pics on the (minnesota TR i tihnk it was) that was what I instatntly thought as well.

Once I get it, I'll figure out if i want to keep it that way, or attempt a conversion.
UserPostedImage

Justin
skywheel88
Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:30:57 PM
The tubs look totally Century Wheel shaped to me, I bet if they were painted white with colored stripes instead of solids as pictured it would totally look like a Century Wheel. Either way, I was very impressed when I opened up this link.[:D]
Kenny.

Fabbri_Guy
Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:17:48 AM
I agree it looks more like a mulligan wheel. Thats the first thing came to mind. Looks good though. But i think the tubs could use a little more detail.
skydiver77
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:56:48 AM
If you ask me, i think that new Sky Wheel of Ron's, it does look more authentic than the IHC version. It is looking more true to a Sky Wheel. I KNOW nothing will beat a Don Cummons in realness and quality, but, this is still a good looking Sky Wheel! That Century Wheel looks sweet! I will be adding one to my future midway. Pavilion layout?, back burner for now. I want my Strates Shows layout back more than ever & finish it this time 'round! [:o)] The Century Wheel looks good to me, i don't see a resemblence to anything about it that looks like that of another Wheel. Maybe you're seeing something i don't. [:I] Either way, they are good looking models!

~Ben
ringmaster
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:56:16 AM
The Skywheel tubs have that IHC look for sure. As with Ron's other kits ans IHC's for that matter, you are free to kitbash or scratchbuild your own. I do hope that Ron throws in the excellent Spacewheel drawing he did for Carousal Magazine years ago.